It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right: No more slack on the grammar.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Okay, I've had enough.

Most of you sound like frackin' MORONS when you post. You seem to be too stupid to understand the differences between 'they're', 'there', and 'their'. Most of you seem too stupid to understand the differences between 'two', 'to', and 'too'. Many don't seem to know that commas (the character ',') is NOT the same as a period ('.') or that sentances start with a capital letter. Many don't seem to understand that when you capitalize random nouns in your sentances does not add a sense of grandeur, but, rather, a sense of absurdity to your claims.

And I'm done with it:

I am calling you out.

From now on, I will be quoting your posts in the most grammar-naziesque manner possible, drawing attention to your ignorance and stupidity as obviously as I can. Every darned time I read an original post that's filled with moronity, I will respond with corrections.

Your grunting idiocy grants credence to every false debunker. Your obvious flaws-of-mind tell everyone, within seconds of reading your posts, that everything you have to say should be ignored.

You are in service to everything you claim to oppose and denigrate (that means "to unjustly cause a loss of respect for", you clods) every time you use textspeak to try to communicate. 'u' is NOT a word. 'Your' is NOT the same as 'You're'.

This is not a matter of debate or personal freedom: when you choose to type like a retard, you SOUND like a retard. And you damage the cause of truth every time you address a controversial topic in your moron voice.

If English is your second language, so be it. That's a different topic entirely. If English is your first language, LEARN IT, already! CHRIST!

Every single time you type a comment or post that looks like it was written by a moron, you degrade the legitimacy of everything you are trying to communicate.

PLEASE: STOP SOUNDING SO STUPID!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Stunspot

Haha...

I don't know which one to chuckle in!

Namaste friend!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
You misspelled the word "sentence".

Twice.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Dear there is people from all around the world using this site, English not being their first language, also , some ones spelling does not mean #%#$! when it comes to their smarts.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

If you can understand what they are trying to say then I see no reason to complain.
By complaining about grammar despite the fact that you understood the point being made just avoids dealing with the opinion of the person making the statement.

It's juvenile to choke on hang ups about grammar.

I could spend my whole time on here berating Americans for altering the english language and spelling things differently then every other english speaking nation, but i don't. Instead I spell things in American to avoid problems... like the word 'Colour' for example. It has been spelt with a 'U' since long before America was settled but instead i generally spell it 'Color' mainly to avoid grammar Nazis like yourself.

If your comprehension skills are so poor that you can't understand basic points despite poor grammar or spelling then the jokes on you! maybe you should write in binary, that way the rest of us can easily ignore you.

I've flagged this in the hope more people tell you off for being pig headed.
edit on 21-9-2011 by Raivan31 because: Had to add the last word lol

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

My friend, you sound like a idiot.

Enough said to be honest

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stunspot
Okay, I've had enough.

Most of you sound like frackin' MORONS when you post. You seem to be too stupid to understand the differences between 'they're', 'there', and 'their'. Most of you seem too stupid to understand the differences between 'two', 'to', and 'too'. Many don't seem to know that commas (the character ',') is NOT the same as a period ('.') or that sentances start with a capital letter. Many don't seem to understand that when you capitalize random nouns in your sentances does not add a sense of grandeur, but, rather, a sense of absurdity to your claims.

And I'm done with it:

I am calling you out.

From now on, I will be quoting your posts in the most grammar-naziesque manner possible, drawing attention to your ignorance and stupidity as obviously as I can. Every darned time I read an original post that's filled with moronity, I will respond with corrections.

Your grunting idiocy grants credence to every false debunker. Your obvious flaws-of-mind tell everyone, within seconds of reading your posts, that everything you have to say should be ignored.

You are in service to everything you claim to oppose and denigrate (that means "to unjustly cause a loss of respect for", you clods) every time you use textspeak to try to communicate. 'u' is NOT a word. 'Your' is NOT the same as 'You're'.

This is not a matter of debate or personal freedom: when you choose to type like a retard, you SOUND like a retard. And you damage the cause of truth every time you address a controversial topic in your moron voice.

If English is your second language, so be it. That's a different topic entirely. If English is your first language, LEARN IT, already! CHRIST!

Every single time you type a comment or post that looks like it was written by a moron, you degrade the legitimacy of everything you are trying to communicate.

I'm calling you out. HERE

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Well about time!!!! Thankyou for expressing in words exactly how i feel inside. The problem isn`t just limited to these boards, it is a global faliure and i honestly think its down to the, "modern", generation not being bothered to either learn or try to speak and write correctly.
I hate it, its lazy, and despite what others say it does make you appear thick, stupid and brainless. I am of course only including natural English speaking citizens in my statement. For all non English speaking members of ATS i applaud your efforts in using our native tongue, and strangely most of the posts created by non English speaking members actually read better and make more sense than the moronic text speak crap.
For example L8 does not mean late, W8 does not mean wait, LOL?? what the hell is that all about, since when did people go around saying, "laugh out loud"?. Why on Earth is the use of the word, "fail", so incorrect these days?
I am in total agreement with you my friend its wrong, lazy and shows a severe lack of intellect. English is an amazing language, a very creative language, use it or shut up.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Many don't seem to know that commas (the character ',') is NOT the same as a period ('.') or that sentances start with a capital letter. Many don't seem to understand that when you capitalize random nouns in your sentances, (it) does not add a sense of grandeur, but, rather, a sense of absurdity to your claims.
*****(A comma is not needed after the word "rather". Also, your sentence does not make sense unless you add the word "it". "Sentences" is spelled wrong.)

From now on, I will be quoting your posts in the most grammar-naziesque manner possible, drawing attention to your ignorance and stupidity as obviously as I can to every false debunker.
*****(this is two sentences joined together. You need an "and" after "possible,". Also, since you wish to include a comma there, you must immediately restate the subject of the sentence after your comma. The sentence would then correctly read: From now on, I will be quoting your posts in the most grammar-naziesque manner possible, and I will be drawing attention to your..." ) Commas are used to separate two sentences which both have their own subjects in them. Otherwise, your comma would be plainly referred to as an unnecessary interjection. As your sentence currently sits, it is undoubtedly improper.

Aside from all that, I definitely support the thought that all people should learn grammar. I've always pondered that perhaps I should have became a grammar teacher. That way, at least I could correct people all the time without it seeming as rude lol. I am constantly correcting people on an hourly basis and am disgusted when I hear people talk with such horrible mannerisms.
edit on 9/21/11 by QuantumPhysicist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Wow! I think you're being very unreasonable. While I can agree with you when it comes to one's first language, and the difference between they're/their/there and two/too/to, as well as on lingo (which in my opinion is a gross violation of any language), not every one is from the States and the UK or even Australia, I would be one of them, English is not my first language, and I do make mistakes.

How are you going to handle this exactly? Are you going to go on the attack first, and if they reply then that English is not their first language, then retract? How are you going to handle this? Doing the above, the damage is already done, and you are successfully discouraging anybody who's first language is not English from posting anything on ATS, which would successfully turn ATS a strictly American / UK / Australian website. If this is the case, could the moderators please change the website to be only viewable by these above countries.

You seem to have some sort of hidden desire to be a teacher of the English language, might I suggest that you go and do that, instead of coming on to an international conspiracy forum to live out this desire.

Whilst saying that, people should know, there are multiple add-ons available to help you check your spelling before you post replies, it won't help with grammar though ...

You should also know that not all counties that teach English as a second language, have spelling the same as the above said countries, for example; this spelling in my country is correct: 'realise', in my country we rarely use the letter 'z', and use an 's' instead. This is how we are taught, in which case, our spelling is not wrong, it's just not the same as yours.

To conclude, you need to understand as well, just because people have trouble spelling or with grammar, doesn't mean they are stupid (in your words morons), they could just be dyslexic (in my country dyslectic), which is in truth, not a reflection of their intelligence level.

You're being very unreasonable and judgemental

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Jolly good rant!
I might point out however that your major gripes are with spelling and punctuation, rather than grammar.

I love it when Americans say "I'm calling you out".
We don't use it here at all.
The mind wanders as to what one might be called "out" for?
Possibly some fisticuffs, and then some shoulder-slapping.
Fantastic!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Epic fail!!!
Also you have managed a double thread post!!

Other rant post here!!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Why yo gotta be like dat, man!

Why yu gotta be hatin just cuz some peeps don't no they're posts is being skrutinized by a grammer nazi?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Go away, when you can spell "sentence" come back. Tit.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I can't stand Grammar Police ,and wouldn't normally give you the time of day.

But this is a classic rant of irony !

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Okay, I've had enough.

Most of you sound like frackin' MORONS when you post.

I've taken the two pertinent lines from your post. The rest was self-serving to say the least.
Your first line from the post (above) admits you are facing a losing battle. The word "Most" tells us that. The best thing to do is to scan the post once you've been given a hint that the poster is is not fully socially trained as you would like. Certainly, the style and content assessment won't be far behind and you can arrow out and go on with life as they wallow in theirs.

The last line I quote above is that most of them can't help it. Schools taught and allowed them to be at the level at which they demonstrate. However, their education need not stop with what was mandated by authorities, but the fact that there is a lacking does point up the case that education is important in many ways. Everybody has a computer these days, but few can transmit decent, clear ideas and cannot be bothered to check, refine or correct their words.

In keeping with the sorta tongue-in-cheek presentation here, I would vote for a National Typing Police force maintained by the NSA, of course with the aid of their massive, eavesdropping computers. Other than that, I suggest an enormous jobs stimulus program that hires that uses that same NSA lurking abiliity to single out deficient individuals of that which we speak and send them money to take up on-line spelling and grammar courses

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Look, man, I am fully in love with the Queen's English. If my Mother Tongue were a lady, I'd be all up on her; incurring lingual whiplash every chance I got.

It wounds me, therefore, to see her so casually mutilated and brutalized by so many in this sad world. Language is diminished and variety of expression is curtailed by abandoning all our baroque rules and inconveniently long words. I can't help but imagine that the quality of our thinking is also truncated by this process.

We're tumbling down the short chute into Newspeak.

I realize, however, that my grammar fetish is holding me back. There's a lot of very useful information one could miss if one dismisses good content out of contempt for poor form. I just tend to think that language is migrating away from my own set of conventions, and that I probably ought to adjust to the new idiom.

I certainly don't feel the need to insult or correct anyone, but I'm always on the lookout for how to avoid senseless d-baggery. I believe grammar fascism certainly qualifies as d-baggery of the first water.
edit on 21-9-2011 by mistermonculous because: hah-blehhh

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by shinzaun

Well about time!!!! Thankyou for expressing in words exactly how i feel inside. The problem isn`t just limited to these boards, it is a global faliure and i honestly think its down to the, "modern", generation not being bothered to either learn or try to speak and write correctly.
I hate it, its lazy, and despite what others say it does make you appear thick, stupid and brainless. I am of course only including natural English speaking citizens in my statement. For all non English speaking members of ATS i applaud your efforts in using our native tongue, and strangely most of the posts created by non English speaking members actually read better and make more sense than the moronic text speak crap.
For example L8 does not mean late, W8 does not mean wait, LOL?? what the hell is that all about, since when did people go around saying, "laugh out loud"?. Why on Earth is the use of the word, "fail", so incorrect these days?
I am in total agreement with you my friend its wrong, lazy and shows a severe lack of intellect. English is an amazing language, a very creative language, use it or shut up.

"Well about time" It's Well, about time!
"i" It's a capital I
"Thankyou" It's Thank you
"its" is possessive. You meant "it's" for "it is"
You've misused commas so many times that I don't have the patience to point these errors out.
In American English, punctuation is placed inside quotes.

Now, on a different topic, both the OP and this guy specifically mentioned non-native speakers as being exempt. Why, then, do so many people feel compelled to point this out? They already said it. Were you not paying attention?

This original post is generic. It comes up every week or so on ATS. Inevitably, those who post these rants make some pretty serious mistakes of their own while doing so. That makes the rant ludicrous. It's a laughingstock! Here this guy can't even spell the word "sentence" properly, yet he is lecturing others on the proper use of English. Look in the mirror, buddy.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
after reading all the replies, and seeing your repeated mistakes.
all i have to say is, who's the moron now.

grammar and spellin nazi's,
if you don't like the way some writes or speaks, don't pay attention to the post, and stfu. as you put it in one of your threads.
edit on 25-12-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]I have a problem with grammar.

I am amazed at the number of people that I know who are in college and don't understand the difference between they're, their and there. Two, too and to. Then and than. Effect and affect.

Why is it so hard to properly use apostrophes?

Bad grammar is a pet peeve of mine. I also am bothered by mispronunciations.

I feel your pain.

Edit: I am not picking on anyone as I know that many on here speak other languages. I am bothered by poor grammar but I do not call people out on it. I just notice it because it is a pet peeve.

edit on 25-12-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join