Alex Jones/NLP/Marketing/Master Salesmen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

So anyhow one of my favorite past times is arriving late after a good night and watching infomercials. I love to find out about things I don't care about, and be convinced I need things I don't. After all i'm just like you.

I have a real estate course, some 900 number scam, a classified ad scam, some ebay marketing, 2 shake weights, and a magic bullet. Heck don't we all love the shake weight commercial.

Yea, I have a sham wow too.

One technique often employed in infomercials is repetition, with an urgent need for change, and a facade of sharing almost all the information with you, to help you, except we don't have time - to tell you -so buy the dvd. Of course if we order now shipping is free, and we always fall for free shipping.

Right? THey even use cheesy NLP methods, and focus groups to narrow down humans basics. They always repeat, give you a self centered story of how their lives chnged for the better, but they had to do a method, figured things out, but thankfully they are willing to share this. Again buy product. Infomercials are great, at least late at night they have the decency to tell us atop the screen that this is paid advertising. A gimick, nowadays a lot of them are using Larry King style settings to interview the inventor or finder of whatever pile of manure they are selling. And I fall for it too, heck it's fun to live in an adventure, wwhich of us wouldn't love to live in a world of adventures. Indiana Jones, Stargate, Star Wars, Star Trek, Sarah Palin, we all have our fantasies.

Now Alex Jones, I listen to him streaming cause it makes good office background radiation. I rarely believe what he says, I mean Icycle Osama? Really? But I was surfing youtube and came accross Infowars nightly news... it's like the cheesiest intro, it has Alex dressed up like a man in black in the intro looking all dashing and daring, like James Bond... but not, cause it's Alex Jones.

The show starts off with him ranting, and throwing himself into a fit. Then of course the comparing of TSA to Nazis, of course using the old technique all hypnotists, cheesy NLP people, pickup artists and infomercial people use, repetition. The TSA apparantly wants to grope my wifes breasts if I want to go to a football game. Then he goes to have a webcam interview.

It was suppose to be about solar flares with a guy who looked like he would know about solar flares, he had glasses, and the webcam was staticky, and sound was horrible. I was expecting the first words out of his mouth to be, "I'm on the sun dude".

But it wasn't, instead Alex and him baited the audience into hearing about this guy being stuck in Texas, surrounded by fire. He said he had a kit, but didn't think about having anything to do with fire. Ok I lied I reviewed, the guy doesn't have glasses. I want to be as truthful as you the reader.

He continues on to say hey where else do I have gaps in my gear. And goes on into seeds, and figuring out how to make electricity when the coming solar flare apocalypse comes.. basically the horde and grow method, of course.

I turned off the nonsense, his little NLP gimmick, and infomercial style drowned my need to listen to the paranoid, when I realized he probably doesn't even believe in it. How many shows, how many times, and how many years will he keep using the same gimmicks. Basick NLP BS, for marketing.

Here are a few examples of how you too can use this gimic to be a jerk in society and use peoples simplicity against them.

www.youtube.com...

Now in this one it is a simple really simple version of what Alex does, he gives you an imaginary situation, places you in it, by suggesting the TSA wants to grope your wife, and of course 15 years ago it was Bill Clinton was going to throw us in fema camps. Now I hope we are all free, and free thinkers and not in fema camps right now. If you are please email me, I promise I will get you out!

But it's same technique, now he anchors you to this imaginary situation, flares up your emotion, anchors you or links you to certain words, to trigger peoples needs. Of course we all have needs. I have a need, you have a need. Most of the time our needs are the same. Love, fun, and good food.

Now what needs does Alex talk about?

The stuff he sells, he always mentions food shortages, and energy. Oh, wonder why? Perhaps cause his main advertisers have always been bootleg generators, for an apocalypse, and seeds, in case the planet is so devastated, but yet have the time to grow a 3 month crop.

ANyhow, all these grifters, and con artists use same technique. I like listening to Alex for the fun of it, hey I like horror movies too. I would never buy his products, or fall into his con. I provided you with video for infowars nightly news ep I saw, and a simple video that NLP junkies use to learn. But it draws it out for you. Basically, it's entertainment, to sell the product. But one thing we do learn is free shipping is king, and 3 easy payments of 19.95 is a simple solution to any problem in the kitchen.

Now, i'm not saying you need to not prepare, or listen to different media, even infomercials can provide some insight into the human condition. WHo knows, maybe i'm right.

Maybe you're right....

Anything with the word INFO rarely has any.

Anyhow not bashing Alex, I just wanted to point out his techniques and perhaps free some of you all from the bonds of marketing of infowars and prisonplanet.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
You give them too much credit...in fact your post validates their spin.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I really enjoy Alex Jones...

He has a great style, also nails some things on the head is spot on about liberty
and back Ron Paul..

Of course he has to make a living, but you buy shamwows and
ninja knifes, trust me on this one OP, be better off with a solar powered generator
stock pile of ammo, and REM (ready to eat meals) in case a disaster does happen.

Anywho, he is a great entertainer, HE IS HILLARIOUS!!!!
MY FAVORITE!!

Your taking this too serious OP, preaching to the chior.
No one needs to be *warned* about Alex Jones.

JUST remember folks, Alex Jones is a entertainer!! A GREAT ONE!!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

www.youtube.com...

He is but he does remind me of my fav person Bill Hicks, looks and similar topics.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I don't know why people complain that he is trying to make money off people. You can truly believe something and want to make money off it at the same time. I'm not praising nor putting him down. I stand neutral on the topic of Alex Jones. Is every doctor a money hungry scare mongerer because they want you to come for a yearly checkup even if you are in good health?

People often forget that hes a entertainer and a "news" guy. Not just one, hes both. Personalizing and wanting to have some sorta idea that hes this awesome and great dude is stupid. You don't know him and probably never will. I never fan on celebrities, because most people suck/ have negative personality traits. They are no different than anyone else.

But if I hosted a radio show, I would want to make money and have a successful business. And I would use known marketing techniques that work on people. People are sheep, marketing is a science. Why not use things that work? I'd sell my book for 19.95 and not 20.00 with no problem. Because its proven people buy it at that rate a lot more. If you own a business you want it to be successful.
edit on 9/21/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

I heard him sellinga gold deal.

It was like 199.95

The sales pitch was it is (UNDER 200 DOLLARS!!!) great deal!!!

People do eat that stuff up..

Alex jones is a great marketneer.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I think the issue is what he stands for and what he does. He is against the big media, pharma, banks and nwo making their money off us yet he falls into one of those categories. Sure it doesn't hurt to listen and be entertained by a yelling madman, but what could we be doing in the meantime that would benefit us more then listening to him yell at us to wake up and listen to him?

I keep telling my boyfriend we need to find a new line of work and this looks to be a profitable venture....I should ask Alex for tips.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

He is not against anyone making money legally and in a non scam like way. He has stated that many times from what I have seen of him.

He is against banks/corrupt corporations because he feels they scam and fraud their way to riches.

Using known marketing techniques to get someone to buy your book is not scamming anyone. Its wanting to make a living/have a successful business. You are not forcing anyone to do anything.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Agreed...but scaring well meaning people then having what they "need" that will calm their fears is almost as bad. He is using the same tactics as the mainstream media which puts him in the same saddles as them.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Anytime I have listened to him I've never been scared. If people feel irrational emotions and are gullible to buy things then that is their own psychological/intelligence issue.

Hes not forcing anyone to buy anything or feel an emotion.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

Anytime I have listened to him I've never been scared. If people feel irrational emotions and are gullible to buy things then that is their own psychological/intelligence issue.

Hes not forcing anyone to buy anything or feel an emotion.

And for everyone one of you, there are more likely 10 of the irrational gullible type that will bite. This is media....it doesn't come to your house and force you at gunpoint. It plays on fears (no matter how little) it casts doubt on your thinking (no matter how slight) and that means you are one step closer to buying that book or that survival kit "just in case". Peace of mind is what people want, so the best way to make money is ruin that peace of mind then offer something that will help get you back to that state....until the next rant where he will bring up some danger that threatens us all.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Chiming in from an NLP perspective, ... You are really uninformed and using Steve G. Jones as your example goes to show your use of NLP techniques to further your motives
Through association, people could assume that they must be related ... no? Aside from that 'stretch' of the imagination Steve G. Jones is NO master, it's very basic stuff.

The fact is you can pick apart anything anyone does and say .... "oooh ooooooh that's NLP!" because the technology of NLP allows you to MODEL human behaviour, therefore ANY human behaviour has a category within NLP....

So you see, the question you have to ask, is "to what ends" ... what is this individuals end goal? their motive and/or the results, the fruit of the tree so to speak and in my opinion I'd rather be manipulated into buying emergency food supplies rather than be manipulated into a war that kills thousands of my fellow humans. Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Well then that is their problem. Just because people have higher adrenaline levels than me making them prone to be more paranoid then that is their problem. No one is forcing to make anyone believe a conspiracy theory or give into a sales pitch.

As seen on TV products generally suck but people keep buying them. I'm not going to blame the script writer for an infomercial on using known marketing techniques that work. It's called do you want to have a successful business or not?

Alex Jones isn't a journalist as he inserts his opinion into his "news reports". I'm not going to believe everything Keith Olbermann, Glenn Beck, or Rachel Maddow said as 100% fact as proof just because THEY said it. The dude is a talk show host... seriously. Are you going to buy a book Oprah pitches because she had it on the show?

I don't know why people try to lump "patriots" in a different group. They all run businesses and they all want to be successful. And if they have any sort of smarts they are going to use known marketing techniques that work. Get over it. Stop trying to romanticize these people to have a certain set of moral ground because they believe a certain set of ideas you do.

Until known frauds are being proven to be used to sell items then there really shouldn't be an issue.
edit on 9/23/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)
edit on 9/23/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Some people don't seem to have a problem with the way Jones makes his money, I used to, but now I think "hey, an idiot and his money are easily separated, at least it's not me."

From an ethical point view it is disgraceful how Jones will deliberately try to terrify some of his unwitting audience into buying products they believe will save their lives. And, I don't live in the states, but the intensity of the the advertising is to me, at least, remarkable. Where I live we have adds sure but nothing like this, I assume that U.S. residents are just used to it.

A good example of what I'm talking about is, in the immediate aftermath of the Fukushima disaster Jones was screaming about how the west coast of the U.S. was in for some lethal radiation, it was only a matter of time before everybody there got f**ked up, then the adds came on selling guess what? Geiger counters, with AJ's serious and very persuasive 'your going to die this is your only option' sounding voice-over.

A snake oil salesman is how I view AJ.

edit on 23-9-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Beautiful wording my friend. anyhow this is a classic tune that fits right in with how Alex Jones does his business

www.youtube.com...

Step right up tom waits.

Anyhow, the world is divided into two secs those selling you unneeded products, and those selling useless products.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yes... but let's overlook the guests he has on the show and the material he covers...

This is a complete straw-man argument.

I suppose you'd rather him not sell anything? or rather... PROMOTE ... His model for advertising is a lot better than most out there, do you know how much money goes into creating commercials and how manipulative they are? I mean didn't you know when you have your period you get to ride horses and go swimming and life is grand? or when you get some penis pills everyone wants to know whats different about you, but ohh it must be your new shirt, or glasses, or jacket.. or how much you're loving the disgusting food served at McDonalds.

If you want to get mad at anyone get mad at the corporations that sell you useless crap all the time, disposable products and materials to keep you buying more and more, ... unfinished products so they can come out half a year later with a new and improved version, batteries that die quickly, razor blades that go dull after 5 uses, food with no useful nutrients, containing empty carbs and chemically altered to keep you going back for more.

And you're so worried about what Alex Jones is promoting? Give your head a shake and look around you.

and to say it has anything to do with NLP is preposterous.
edit on 9/24/2011 by PuRe EnErGy because: (no reason given)
edit on 9/24/2011 by PuRe EnErGy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

Well I for one aint getting mad at Jones. Just calling a turd a turd. I would be nice to see somebody like AJ, who always claims the moral high-ground, to have some integrity. I don't think it's about trying to out-balance his sales pitch with how much 'good' he does, a person is either morally justified or they aren't. You want to turn a blind eye to this, or even make excuses for him, then go ahead, I can see him for what he is.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Chesster

If Alex Jones didn't make money there wouldn't be a show. If there was no show everyone couldn't be complaining. I for one appreciate an alternative news even if other people don't. Do you think the MSM are not show men? Do you think the MSM anchors make no money? Do you think the owners of MSM make no money? Why should alternative news be any different? If you don't like the program and the news being presented the answer is simple don't watch it. There is always FOX. MSNBC, CNN BBC, and the list goes on. The reason for an alternative news is because not everyone enjoys the MSM propaganda machine. If you prefer it then why are you watching Alex Jones? THis constant nay sayers need to do one thing just go away back to your Kool aid drinking leaders.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by Chesster

If Alex Jones didn't make money there wouldn't be a show. If there was no show everyone couldn't be complaining. I for one appreciate an alternative news even if other people don't. Do you think the MSM are not show men? Do you think the MSM anchors make no money? Do you think the owners of MSM make no money? Why should alternative news be any different? If you don't like the program and the news being presented the answer is simple don't watch it. There is always FOX. MSNBC, CNN BBC, and the list goes on. The reason for an alternative news is because not everyone enjoys the MSM propaganda machine. If you prefer it then why are you watching Alex Jones? THis constant nay sayers need to do one thing just go away back to your Kool aid drinking leaders.

Question 1: Does the word greed mean anything to you?

Question 2: Do you think it's ok to exaggerate and deliberately mislead people in the name of profit?

Question 3: Do you think it's ok to scare the sh*t out of some people in the name of profit?

People will always try to defend Jones's profiteering in the name of 'truth' 'freedom' etc. It's not much different from the MSM, I know of many cases where Jones is just outright lying, but that seems ok with you coz he's 'one of the good guys', I mean how dumb is that? What I find funny is how some of Jones's followers go on about being 'awake' and using other buzz words, they're no more awake than my cat, they're just trading one world view for another and being manipulated just as easily as all the other people they call 'sheep'.
edit on 24-9-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Ummm, there shhouldn't be a show, he used to say clinton was going to put us in fema camps, then bush, now obama. Jones should be kicked out of broadcasting.

Check this out, Coast to Coast AM, a mainstream radio show since the time of Art Bell. MSM is en are really more than willing to let anyone on if they can mae a buck and have talent.

All Alex does is yell, sell, and lie. Unless we are living in fema camps now? And the Gov is going ot take our children? The guy is a liar, uses the worse techniques to scare mostly an uneducated audience into economic submission. Most people who listen are a little on the older side, or a little on the hillbilly side. Obv not the most educated audience, but a great audience to pillage.

If the guy was right more than 4% of the time I might take him serious. But he is a con. He even admits it, if anyone calls in to debate him he just yells, hangs up, and goes on a rant. His friend is Charlie Sheen... his wife looks like a blond bimbo type... he is obv on drugs, a liar, and a con.

Anyhow I just think the guy is a wolf cryer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join