posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:17 PM
Rama Rajya - Perfect King for an Imperfect World - BaalKaand chapter 1
2. Rishi Valmiki asked Dev-rishi Narad - who is the strong and pious person in this time who is also learned of 'dharm', considerate, truthful, and
3. Who possesses good character, who desires betterment of all people, who is learned, capable and with pleasing personality?
4. Who is patient, calm, glowing, loving (does not engage in hate), victorious in war, and better than 'deva' in capability?
5. O Maharshi! I have burning desire ('param kotuhul' - deep desire to know something) to learn about such a man. Please tell me because you are
capable of knowing about it.
6. Devrishi Narad who knew about three loka(s) (stars, space, and planets), spoke the following sentences filled with joy.
7. O Muni! I tell you about such a man after a lot of thought, who has these rare qualities spoken by you.
8. Rama who is born in Ikshvaku clan has such qualities of being steadfast, very strong, glowing, patient, and controller of Indriya.
9. He is talented, learned of law, soft-spoken, pleasing, victorious, broad-shouldered, strong-armed, conch-necked, and carries a very heavy bow.
10. He is thick-necked, broad-chested, destroyer of difficult enemies, long armed, and with handsome features like well-proportioned face and broad
forehead. He is a great warrior.
11. He has well-proportioned body. He has clear complexion, and glowing face. He has deep chest, large eyes, pleasing personality and all the good
qualities possible in man.
12. He is learned of 'dharm', truthful, always busy in good work for country, famous, expert of Veda, pious and Yogi.
13,14. He is like God in protecting citizens. He is bearer of wealth and slayer of enemies. He is protector of living beings of earth, and protector
of dharm. He always protects self, dharm, and people. He is learned of Veda, Vedanga, and Tattv (matter), and an expert of archery.
(What a king protects? The order is self, dharm, and people. First priority is self-protection. A king would kill anybody who attacks him. Second
priority is dharm. Dharm is protected by education, yagna and daan. Third is people who are protected by maintaining army and police.
The ruler of India is considered ruler of the Earth. People should carefully look at history, and will realize that whoever has had power over India
also had power over the world. The British empire became all powerful after gaining India, and has declined to a marginal power after losing India.
Muslims became dominant force in the world after gaining rule of India, The loss of Muslim power in India was accompanied by loss of power elsewhere
as well. If India is in chaos - no strong ruler - the world has also been in chaos. The current time is a period of chaos. People may like democracy
but democracy is a weak poltical system. Democracies do not last very long)
15. He is learned of the truth/essence of all Shashtra (sciences), has strong memory, and talents. He is loved by all people, pious, never to beg/ask
(powerful), and having 'beyond-world' capabilities.
('vichakshan' means capabilities of a person that cannot be gained by material means on Earth. For example a machine cannot be made by a particular
element not found on Earth. People of Ramayan time had heavenly powers of materializing objects of other worlds.)