It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel doesn't exist....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
... according to this theory

I like time travel, it #ing awesome. But this theory threatens to destroy time travelling possibilities. Please debunk it. Please?

3 rules of time travel:
1. You cannot travel in the past, only view it.
2. You cannot travel in the future because it hasn’t happened yet.
3. Maximum velocity in a wormhole is relative to the distance it cuts or extends. (i.e., it acts somewhat like a glass slab)

Explanation for rule 3: (it’ll get a little sciency
)
This is a wormhole: link

Let’s assume the distance between points A and B is x.

Let the time taken be t.
Going A to B in a wormhole will also take t.

Remember this, velocity is relative to your point of view, so from inside may be 300,000 km/s, but to a person outside it is either slower or faster.

Please prove this theory wrong. K thanks.

edit on 20-9-2011 by DoctorSatan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Is there a link for this theory that you haven't posted?

All you have done so far is post some assumed facts.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorSatan

i like to travel through time at 1second/second, but thats just me

truth is we dont know. untill we find a wormhole to go through that theory cant be debunked really... it is a possibility though. one thing you might be interested in is looking at how HFT programs/supercomputers can predict the prices of stock and buy and sell appropriately 120ms before it happens (give or take) to anyone observing, the sales go through in realtime at the current price. its not untill you hook up the supercomputer and graph everything this anomaly pops up. it was investigated in the past as a timestamp issue.

so it might just be the computers interacting with eachother to form the trends, but there is a human element, and i used to think it had more involvement in the market, but maybe it does, and these computers can see the future

www.nanex.net...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorSatan

I like time travel, it #ing awesome. But this theory threatens to destroy time travelling possibilities. Please debunk it. Please?

3 rules of time travel:
3. Maximum velocity in a wormhole is relative to the distance it cuts or extends. (i.e., it acts somewhat like a glass slab)

)

Let the time taken be t.

Remember this, velocity is relative to your point of view, so from inside may be 300,000 km/s, but to a person outside it is either slower or faster.

As the above post states, have you made all this up? or is it from somewhere-someone else?
Because: how can you know if traveling in time, forward or backward is possible or not, unless you tested some device to move through time. Travdling back can just be seen, but cant be altered: does that means we are in some sort of oniric state and just float in the past times? As a built in safety to not be able to alter the past(darn
)? Traveling to the future cant be done because the future has not happened yet: re-read that, and guess why you cant put time travel, and that sentence in the same post. RE. Wormholes: try flying into one in a shuttle, it will be a one in a lifetime experience, for sure.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

3 rules of time travel:

1-view it, you mean from a capsule through a screen just to avoid the kill-granpa-paradoxes? I dont know. Probably any move made in the past would instantly create a new Universe, so it wouldnt change ours, so there's no paradox to care for.

2- you just have to suspend the effect of Time in you and meanwhile let the Future form. By traveling at the speed of light through Space for some time and back to Earth would be enough

3-a wormhole theoretically speaking is a sort of wrinkle in the Space-Time texture. I guess velocity and distance as we know them are override in there. But im no expert.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Time travel is a strange thing and people placing rules on it is even stranger as there are no rules for something that has not been proven to exist in the first place. Rules are placed on observable limitations, not to theory. This limits the theory, and thus the way one looks at the possibility of the subject. It is okay to theorize the possibility of limitations, but that does not make them rules.

Everyone(well, most) automatically assumes that time travel is just that. They assume that you must be moving at x speed or y speed in order to break the bounds of reality as we know it. Yes maybe this is a way to achieve time travel but I for one do not believe this is the way to achieve it.

Wormholes, if they exist and we can actually find a way to use them, it is my belief that it will take you from point A to point B within this time line only. Again, the focus is on travel or movement to achieve.

Is time travel possible? In my mind there is no doubt. Yes it is possible. I think that time travel is stepping out of this dimension sliding down OR up the time line and re entering the dimension again. So does this mean I think that it is possible to time travel into the future? Yes. Does this mean that it is guaranteed the future we are heading towards? No not guaranteed.

The Akashic records have the whole of the knowledge of consciousness within them and a plausible future can be seen based on past and current events. Therefore a plausible future can be seen and changed.

Is it possible to travel back in time and alter the past? Yes for the time traveler. can this time line be changed for all of us? No. Once the past has been changed the person who has traveled back in time changes something they are shifted into another parallel reality, so the future will be different for them, but those that do not travel back will experience no change in this reality.

What then is my theory on achieving time travel? Well, I have two theories:
    I have a firm belief that the Human mind can achieve anything it desires to do once opened and trained to do so. Therefore a single thought would accomplish this feat. But it is a personal way to time travel. An example can be seen in the movie "Somewhere in Time"(1980) starring Christopher Reeves.

My second theory involves magnetism and vibrational frequency. By setting these two to certain settings I believe it is possible to step out of this dimension giving us the possibility to travel the time line. However and again, if someone who does travel back in time and changes something they have altered the time line and would return to an alternate reality than the one they left. If they did return to the time line they left the change would never have taken place.

So there you have it Agarta's theories of time travel take it as you will. Thanks for posting this thread and giving me the chance to spell it all out.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Time travel is possible, but they call it TIME CLOAKING.

Read about the old news that's new news.

news.yahoo.com...

Just like the dog, Einstein, in the movie, BACK TO THE FUTURE.

Its real and it has been available for a while, but it is just now hitting the main stream.

But it won't matter soon because time is going to change. The second dimension of time is about to be revealed. Its all around you, but you can't see it........yet. Just wait a few more weeks. The blue kachina has a surprise.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Time Travel doesn't exist? then explain this!!!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Google "Patrice Chaplin Portal" and read her books "Secrets of Girona" and "The Portal". Then you will discover that time travel is, indeed, possible. In fact, that was the secret behind the mystery of Rennes-le-Chateau. According to Chaplin, the Spanish gentleman in the white sweater appearing in this video has travelled into the past:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
All that has happened has then disperse and if you want to recreate it ; then you are u-p for quite a challenge. Not going to happen and is but someone again playing with your minds; I would like to challenge these people on that that is beyond and further beyond that and so on; that is what I want to know.And where does it stop and what is beyond that? I've read nothing on any of any subjects therefore I have not been corrupted and it appears to me that relation of time is being placed by everyone with relevance to speed that light gets ahead or to point B and that does bother me where just because light is not getting slowed down; that shouldn't have any effect whatsoever apon it's surroundings since what if you were to consider the loop that one should assume that light would perhaps reach and that in it's self is not likely that light would have any chance of looping back to it's self because laws( you will not witness me quoting laws but this one) of probability and average will always keep light strait and then if that was and does happen to be diverted ; it the ceases to travel in this manner and is then dispersed dubjectly; I don't think that light has anything to do with time just because you can't beat it's speed . I have a question for you; what happens when a light projection travels at the speed of light?
edit on 21-9-2011 by MichelJCardin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

3 rules of time travel:

)

Let the time taken be t.

When you have a memory, you are traveling to the past.

You are presently traveling into the future.

So time travel is possible.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

3 rules of time travel:

)

Let the time taken be t.

I was about to post the same thing.

We can also see the future in our dreams and visions.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
All that happens is recorded in a kind of cosmic memory bank. It is posssible through magical ritual to access that level of reality where this information is stored and to experience it played back from ANY point in the past. Chaplin underwent this ritual, having learnt that her friend Jose Tarres (the man in the white sweater in the video I linked to above) was the custodian of this transformation process discovered hundreds of years ago by Jewish mystics in Girona, the original centre of European Kabbalah. Here is a painting done in 1965 by the great Surrealist artist Salvador Dali called "The Railway Station at Perpignan" that depicts his own initiation by the secret society led by Jose Tarres and his passage through a time portal activated by this ritual on the summit of Mount Canigou in southern France/Spain:
3.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'm just approaching this from a coder perspective. I build things and they all have exact rules. I have to think the universe sorta works the same way.

1 Dimension , A Point
2 Dimensions, A Line
3, Dimensions, An Unmoving unchanging 3d still shot (3d Space)
4, Dimension, A series of linear unchanging 3d snap shots (Time in 3d Space)
5 Dimension, A series of linear Time Lines

Every level wraps and encompasses the previous level. Everything go's back to Dimension 1(Level 1). Conventionally, level1 is unique, non shared with its other level 1 units.

I'd like to prefer that Level 1 exists on a shared and same strata. Allowing fundamental, access to every level further up.

Nothing is impossible, just improbable for our time, abilities and understanding.

-C

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

The Akashic records? LOL

they don't exist either...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jellyfishbrains
reply to post by Agarta

The Akashic records? LOL

they don't exist either...

Might I suggest that you reword your statement? Something like this seems more appropriate:

I don't think they exist either, but then again I have not taken the time to develop my higher consciousness to know for sure.
    OR
Because I have not experienced the Akashic records, It is my opinion they do not exist.

It just seems strange to me for someone to make such a matter of fact statement based on the lack of personal experience. Simply put, Just because you have not reached that level of consciousness, does not mean they do not exist, you just have not found them yet.

Edit to say: Based on your Background pic, I could say something about clouded judgement but other than this I will refrain.
edit on 21-9-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the English lesson. I'll take it to heart...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DoctorSatan

I think the whole 'time is relative to the observer' thing pretty much discredits the possibility of time travel right off the bat.

First of all, time as a dimension of travel has to actually exist in reality, experimentally, and be an observed phenomenon. Right now as far as I know, it's a mathematical idea only. Sure, people point to clocks as a measure of "time", but they don't measure time at all. They measure the position of the sun relative to east/west horizons as it rises and sets. We don't actually have anything that measures this supposed dimension of temporal travel.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

3 rules of time travel:

)

Let the time taken be t.

When you have a memory you are experiencing a present in the now physical process and function of the brain.

You are not traveling into the future, you are experiencing a constant stream of ever changing physical processes which coupled with the ability to remember previous events give rise to a feeling of 'moving forward in time'.

Time travel is not possible because there is no energy that can exist within the universe that has the capacity to reverse entropy and return everything within the universe to a previous state that one wishes.

describing a series of changing sequential events such as the sun moving across the sky and placing arbitrary numbers on a circular disc to denote arbitrarily picked points the sun exists in the sky is not a measure of time, its a measure of position from position from position from position etc.

edit on 22-9-2011 by sirnex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

edit on 22-9-2011 by sirnex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join