It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We like our PCs-----but we LOVE our Macs!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
design alone is worth the extra cost, the uni-body is sturdy as hell, ive dropped my Air a few times, and its SSD works great too.

I do love my Pc for gaming though, its still a pain to dual boot, or any of the other options.

Mac for everything else but gaming, but that seems to be slowly changing.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I play world of warcraft on my imac.
not at the highest settings of course.
but it's playable and doesn't look too bad.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
design alone is worth the extra cost, the uni-body is sturdy as hell, ive dropped my Air a few times, and its SSD works great too.

given it has no moving parts to go wrong its ssd drive seems to handle falls rather well

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I get the feeling the entire point of this thread stemmed from having Buyer's Remorse on OP's end.

PCs will always be better than Macs, unless you're an artist or musician or photography. PCs are upgradeable, flexible, and cheap. Basic knowledge is all that is required to build your own PC from scratch, while Macs are a money sink that should be banned.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

What difference was there? I've used both 1st, 2nd and 3rd (friends got some) and I see nothing new. There's also a Bluetooth receiver supposedly from the 1st gen but they didn't release the software. I wanna be able to do stuff on an Iphone/Ipod without jailbreaking, Apple restrict features etc.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Exactly and at the time i got it the air was the only one that had it standard for the model i got.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I majored in Consumer Sciences in college.

Let me tell you Apple is nothing but a conformist movement.

Just look at their most recent commercial where they are in an office meeting and one person is not using an Ipad so they all ridicule him.

eBay iPad Commercial
www.youtube.com...

Sounds like Apple is modeling their marketing campaign after a highschool girl.

LOL APPLE IS #ING PATHETIC AND OVERPRICED

edit on 21-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
might find it hard to believe but I actually have a Macbook Pro 17 inch unibody BUT I only run Windows 7 on it because I don't like the OS X operating system!

You might say whats the point of having a mac then. Well the point is the actual laptop itself is a SUPERB design, IMO the best out there. Sleek, simple, excellent battery, touchpad, and a beautiful 1980 X 1200 pixel IPS display

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Those Apple stats are boosted by the Apple Smug Factor. Even if their Mac spontaneously combusted they'd still love it and defend the purchase.Drunk on their own cider is what they are.By the way I have both, but PC gets all the use and is much cheaper to upgrade, not that I need to.I can get a PC that does everything I need for about 500 bucks. It's a no-brainer really.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

Well there's much better cameras. 2 of them so it's easy to face chat. High def graphics, faster processor, multitasking. It's quite an upgrade from 2nd generation.
However, I imagine all the upgrades they'll have for 5th generation will superficial, and very slight hardware upgrades.

edit on 21-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Thanks for the post OP

I'm no stranger to the whole MAC vs PC thing. My friend just did a i7 build with osx.

I'm definitely a PC tho.. I do use an IPhone 3G (not really 3g cuz i use T-Mobile..) just cuz it was $40 bucks, but im thinking windows phone next round- just how i roll.

My Vaio AW330J was only $1500 in 2009 with 500gigs, 18.4 inch HD screen, 4gig of ddr3 ram, 512m dedicated graphics, bluray, HDMI
... i could go on.

Not that mac users care about specs but I challenge anyone on here to find a mac with comparable specs/ price refurbished or not.

Also, I'd like to share this link:

www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant

I think it summs things up nicely _javascript:icon('
')
edit on 21-9-2011 by Z32Driver because: smiley noob.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I got a Nokia N95 in 2007 with a 5 megapixel camera (07 phone), Got an n8 now with 12megapixel camera (2010 phone), Iphone 4 (2010) 5 megapixel, Iphone 5 (2011) 8megapixel camera?? Seems like apple has a lot of catching up to do.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

I get the feeling the entire point of this thread stemmed from having Buyer's Remorse on OP's end.

PCs will always be better than Macs, unless you're an artist or musician or photography. PCs are upgradeable, flexible, and cheap. Basic knowledge is all that is required to build your own PC from scratch, while Macs are a money sink that should be banned.

You are missing the point.

Not everyone has the same level of computer knowledge as you.
Your basic knowledge is something completely foreign to, let's say, a 30 year old mother of 2 that is a paralegal.

To someone like that the Windows PC is a daunting machine that has too many quirks to be useable. (Though win 7 is closing the gap between Windows and Mac systems.)

A Mac is a good solution for that type of person. The OS and Hardware work very well together. It's based on Unix so the system is very stable.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
mac os x is awesome, that's about it.

I'm a PC guy just because i can build a PC and its cheaper and if you get your hardware right and get an intel cpu you can dual boot mac os x (hackintosh), good to go.

windows has nothing on os x, windows and internet explorer are like quilts full of patches and patches, it's a disgusting mess especially when you have to deal with the registry.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
you can dual boot mac os x (hackintosh)

you can do this!??!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join