It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We like our PCs-----but we LOVE our Macs!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Oh mblahnikluver...you have been manipulated by the Apple, by the publicity...

Pc's are much cheaper then Mac's for the exact same price.
Pc has more freedom but then again, if you don't know how to use it, you might get crashes.

Maybe it's my opinion too, I mean, I hate pro-mac people. It's like if all critical thinking was off in the Apple Cult.
It's mostly because of the trend, showing-off, ego, sense of superiority, division of classes and education. ( Yes people with high education actually think they are smarter, damn am I happy to have finished Uni )

Of course if you don't game, don't program, can't fix things, don't use old programs, don't do music...go for mac if your like your wallet being raped for the same power you could get out of a cheaper pc.
edit on 21-9-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I saw this the other week, which describes a few people I know who own macbook's. I found it quite hilarious

edit on 21/9/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Actually the best of all options would be to triple boot windows, osx,and linux on a pc that way you could get the best of each operating system.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I overheard an argument between 2 guys one time that went a little something like this...

Guy 1: Oh yeah? A MAC can do anything a PC can! Tell me something that a PC can do that a MAC can't!

Guy 2: Right click.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
A Mac is the Paris Hilton of computers.

The PC is the Chuck Norris of computers.

Lol never seen it put that way before. Nice analogy!

Says I sending this from a $70 android tablet. Even for a linux based os, google sure made it annoying for a user who NEEDS root access, but as a web/email device its not bad... $70 lol.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I think this cartoon sums it up pretty well.,,

Except that the PC mechanic shouldn't look quite so tired!

The PC guy can add and remove things. Can customise it because he knows what he wants and how to do it. He can even turn his PC into a Hackintosh if he wants, or as earlier stated, a triple boot machine.
Sure the virus thing is an issue for PC's, but PC users get under the bonnet and fix them.
They love/hate that stuff. They like getting their hands dirty and making their machines work.
And another plus for them is that there are many more programs out there for PCs.
A Mac, as many Apple fans say, "Just works".
It's a personal choice at the end of the day. The right tool for the jobs you do.

In case you're wondering I have used both regularly for over 10 years and I own both.

On a different note I have always thought that the Apple logo was very interesting...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Bleh. Screw 'em both, I want one of these:

venturebeat.com...

Hellooooooooo Quantum.

Anyone got 10 mil I can borrow?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
PC = Men computers living on the edge of latest tech .

MAC = Computer for emo kids with no friends who want to be different .

The mac was made so easy to use because most people who buy MAC's arent the brightest crayon in the box

they had to dumb it down for the emo's to understand . heance MAC = Maybe A Companion

Why did the retarded guy buy a Mac?
What do you mean? They're all retarded!

Seriously, why do these people buy Macs?
The boxes PCs come in are too hard for them to open.

" Why don't Apple go the whole hog and run Windows XP on their laptops? That way their users could run some useful applications "

Q: What is the difference between a Mac User and a Terrorist?
A: You can negotiate with a terrorist.

Q: What do Mac Users use for birth control?
A: Their personalities!

just kidding relax mac users don't get your panties in a bunch

www.mac-sucks.com...

PC RULES

MAC SUCKS (xbox , playstation, wii , included) limited pc's all of these

Eat it !

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I get it with the Macintoshes, I really do. My Girl is about to, finally, get a brand new 17" Mac laptop and I am the one encouraging her to get it. Mac is great.

But why is it that I can go into my computer junk pile, cobble together an old 500mhz AMD macine, install just about any Linux distro on it, and have a machine that will walk all over a Mac (given some attention to the sound and video cards and RAM)?

Macs are great if you want to 'fire and forget', they are great for users that just want it to work. But for real computing power it's Linux and some 10 year old laptop or grey box.

Also, while Mac users are just 'happy to have it working' the rest of us are actually learning to use our machine and roll with the changes as these IT companies do their little dance; it is an invaluable education.

My Uncle moved to a Mac so that everything would be 'secure and easy', it is a beautiful rig, he still lost $400.00 last month to 'having his identity stolen'.

Air Force launches supercomputer made with PS3s
www.itworld.com...
edit on 21-9-2011 by Frater210 because: PS3 supercomputer

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
When a Mac-advocating friend of mine gave me one of his iMacs, I felt like I finally had a real computer. I went on to a used G4, and then bought a Mac Mini from this same friend, which I still use. None of them ever failed or had major problems. My wife's PC's have crashed and/or died in the same time frame.
edit on 21-9-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

"PC's are the computer enthusiasts choice of computer; functional, reasonably priced and high specification."

Oh really? I have those things on my Mac....Again say it with me, PREFERENCE. I have seen people pay just as much to have a PC with specifications of an Apple so again the whole cost thing is a weak one cause if you know how to shop for a Mac besides Apple you can get great deals.

No, you don't have those things on your mac. The cost thing isn't a weak argument when you actually KNOW about computer specifications. Mac users think a big screen and a big harddrive makes a good computer and good specs. WRONG.

I paid 750 for mine. It's refurbished and I go to do what I wanted to the HD size and ram. I upgraded and it was still cheap. So again the cost argument is a weak one. Yes they are more but you can buy them refurbished for half price or less....

Oh you got to upgrade your HD and RAM? The two cheapest specifications. You sure got a deal /sarcasm.
Those things don't mean anything without a good CPU and videocard. I can guarantee your video card is absolute crap. I can imagine Mac Users response about the video card, "But it has the number 3000 in it..."

The main problem with Mac Users isn't that they prefer Macs, it's that they try to explain how much better Macs are than PCs. You've done it countless times already OP. "It's about PREFERENCE. Now let me explain to you with complete ignorance why Macs are better than PCs."

You rarely, if ever, hear a Mac user say "I know Macs are a rip-off, and that their system specs are worse than PCs. But I love them anyways."

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

You rarely, if ever, hear a Mac user say "I know Macs are a rip-off, and that their system specs are worse than PCs. But I love them anyways."

That's why I buy my Macs used, and I don't care a fig about system specs.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The only thing apple/Mac's are good for are producing music and editing videos. I really hate them, Let's just charge three times the price because it's American and everyone loves America!

Why the hell is there an Iphone 1-4 and apparently 5 coming out when nothing ever changes, Except the curves?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa
The only thing apple/Mac's are good for are producing music and editing videos. I really hate them, Let's just charge three times the price because it's American and everyone loves America!

Why the hell is there an Iphone 1-4 and apparently 5 coming out when nothing ever changes, Except the curves?

Actually the iphone4 is quite an upgrade from the iphone1 or 2.
But the iphone 5 will probably be the same as iphone 4. It seems like they actually upgrade the phone's hardware every other version.

But anyways, the upgrades are very small.
They probably had the technology for the iphone 10, at the time of the release of the latest iphone.

Hehe, I should just stop posting now, and leave my post count where it's at

edit on 21-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I got an Ipod touch back in 08 when they first came out and everytime I walk by a store and I see the new ones selling at the same price, WIth the same looks,features and hardware I can't help but laugh.

Btw the Ipad is practically a giant Ipod=waste of money. 16gb? C'mon now what you gonna save on that? lol

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Let me use this analogy for the difference between Mac's & PC's.

Have you ever seen replica motor cars?
Well you can buy a Ferrari 430 kitcar & it uses the chassis and engine of a Toyota MR2
The Kitcar would run perfect for years, very rarely break down, looks great but is slow whereas the Ferrari might break down now & again but when it works, well it's a Ferrari so it's going to be fast.
Now let say the kitcar cost double the price of an original Ferrari 430, well that's the difference between Mac's & PC's.
Basically you are buying a Toyota that looks like a Ferrari & it costs you double for the pleasure.

I think I'll stick with my slightly temperamental Ferrari thank you very much.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Btw the Ipad is practically a giant Ipod=waste of money. 16gb? C'mon now what you gonna save on that? lol

I have yet to figure out what people do with these other than show 'cool' stuff to one another, One: "Huh, huh, here look at this", The Other One: "Yeah, huh, huh, and look at this"....

I see it all the time at the college campus where I attend school.

Tablets became mildly interesting when Barnes and Noble put Android on the Nook color; and that device just ended up being cool by accident.
edit on 21-9-2011 by Frater210 because: urp

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I had a Dell for a few years before getting an Imac, and yes the term "I love my Mac' came up because it was just so intuitive and user friendly. I have never had one iota of problems with it(3yrs) and whenever I sit at a PC, I get frustrated at all the addressing recommended upgrades, security garb, etc... Plus the screen set up and colors just kinda irk me. With the Mac, I can flow seamlessly through any efforts. I realize a 'dialed in" Pc has it's charm too, but generally speaking, the Mac just makes more sense.(To the biased one of course
)

Peace,
spec

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
One of the great things about a Mac is that the OS is stable and your user experience is the same across Mac's.
However Apple controls everything like it was Soviet Russia.

One of the great things about Windows is that it will run on any hardware you can slap together and anyone can develop applications since Microsoft gives away the development tools.
However since it has to support so much software and hardware things can get buggy.

It really doesn't matter what you use since nowadays it's all running the same intel cpu's and you can get practically the same software for both platforms.

In effect it's really a matter a preference and level of computer savvy. If you suck at using a pc. Then get a Mac. If you are technically savvy use a PC.

I turned on a few friends to switching from PC to Mac. They no longer call me for computer problems. That should tell you something.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

I agree with the iPad part. But I still like them. I don't own one because they are indeed ripoffs and just a cool thing you can show off to friends. However, in 5-10 years, iPads could be capable of incredible things.

I disagree with the ipod part.
I had an ipod touch 2nd generation. I recently got a 4th generation. The upgrade was very noticeable. I doubt the 4th generation is much different from the 3rd....but the difference between 2nd and 4th is actually incredible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join