It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We like our PCs-----but we LOVE our Macs!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I will take My Linux notebook over a PC running windows Or a mac running OSX any day.

If you really like osx as an operating system you could always get a hackbook and save some cash.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

edit on 21-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CeeRZ
I've got a Dell and a Mac... and as you say.. I like my Dell, but I love my Mac. I'm actually barely hanging on to liking my Dell. In only two years, I've replaced the screen and had to completely wipe it of all systems, programs, softwares, and files because it randomly stopped working.
In fact... the first time my Dell stopped working, I had to immediately buy a new computer because I couldn't wait weeks to fix the stupid Dell due to my need for my business. I tried absolutely everything with my Dell to get it to work. The only way it would turn on and stay on was in Safe Mode.
Well, I brought my Dell home in the same bag as my new MacBook and decided to turn my Dell on in safe mode so I could get all my documents off it and transfer it to my Mac. I got distracted while turning on the Dell and let it accidentally turn on in Normal mode. All of a sudden it worked just fine! Yes, I was pissed that I bought a new computer and my old one randomly fixed itself.

Your Dell KNEW!! My HP strangely acted up more when I discussed a new Mac and even when I was trying to shop for one and order one..LOL

I had all kinds of problems with my Acer but it never worked again. It's actually in my trunk in the case. I should probably take it out!

However... I decided what happened was while I had the two in the same bag together, they had a little conversation. The Mac said to the Dell, "You know...it's really not that hard. Stop being lazy, and do what you are supposed to do." And the Dell was dutifully chastised.

HAHA!! I love this
Yea they had a pow wow!

But seriously, I still prefer my Mac over my Dell any day. It might be more expensive to fix.... but how is spending $0 on my Mac because it has never broken down, more expensive than spending $250 on my Dell because I had to replace the screen when it "burned out" and buy a whole new Windows software just to make it work? Sorry, Mac will always win in my book.

Dell 0
Mac 1

(Oh...and I got a refurbished Mac too - best choice I've ever made)
edit on 20-9-2011 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)

AWESOME! Yay! I agree! I'd rather pay more in the beginning than more in the long run! I winded up spending double what I paid for my Acer over time. I lost ALL my school work and programs when it decided to just shut down and not come on. Oh yea many nightmares had with that thing....lol

Refurbished is the way to go! Of course I'd like a new Mac but it would have been too high! I know they are costly lol

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

That is pretty cool but someone like me has no idea how to do some thing like that.

I have been told many times you can do that and someone just mentioned hackbook in chat

Personally I also like the look of Macs. Sleek and simple.....love the light up keyboard!

Computers are my thing. I don't watch TV really so my money is spent on what I enjoy and that is my laptop. I read a lot and do work online so I will put my money towards what I will use most.

So did you do that to your computer yourself?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

What really great about linux is you can even make it look like OSX

I like OSX it's way better then windows but I like linux even more because there are so many things you can do in it once you know what you are doing.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Apple gives their users minimal options. Its over priced, you buy the name not the operating system or the hardware. You can make or buy a windows PC for $1000 and its going to be faster then a mac. + the software is not expensive and their is more of it on windows PC. Macs are trendy crap. ICRAP. I will admit though the operating system is smooth but their is not enough options. I would only use one to search the net.
edit on 20-9-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Mac's are the girls choice of computer; pretty, over-priced and low specification.

PC's are the computer enthusiasts choice of computer; functional, reasonably priced and high specification.

A Mac is for facebook and tweeting, while making a statement in fashion.

A PC is for gaming.

A Mac is the Paris Hilton of computers.

The PC is the Chuck Norris of computers.

That should suffice for the broad sweeping statements.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

No I just run Linux mint on my computer.
there was a time when I thought about getting a Mac but Linux works so much better for me.
If I really wanted OSX I could run it inside of virtual box inside my linux desktop but I havn't really found any reason to run it.

I would only be interested in a hackbook as a sort of diy geek project to show off and see how it is done.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

You have truely just given me a gift.
My friend constantly say's his PS3 is better because it looks better than the 360. (Say's my 360 looks toyish).
But now I can just say "And thats exactly what you should base your choice on for a computer". He won't even see it coming.

Hehe, that will definitely catch him off guard. There's one problem, but you should still say it regardless. The problem is that the PS3 also has the better hardware, just like PCs. Unlike the PC Mac debate, the difference isn't that big. I have a PS3, but I kind of wish I had an Xbox as well. I'm not a fanboy of any system.

God it is truely annoying how people can't just accept others choices.

I usually agree with this, except in the case of PCs versus Macs. Heck, I love the iPhone and iPod touch, and iPad, but Mac computers are crap. You pay $1000+ for something you could get for $400. And the old argument that Macs are easier to use is absurd. It just shows the intelligence of the average Mac users. I'm not trying to insult anyone here, please don't take offense. PC users are dumb too...the latest commercial seemed to cater to the dumb people who buy a computer based on it's looks. But Mac users definitely act like they are in a cult. You actually got an apple tattoo? It's worse than I thought.

To the OP, you can't judge PCs based off of the Acer brand.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

haha, and that surprises you why? of course they're happier, they're part of the super-shiek trendy apple club!

of course the people with the trendiest items are "happier" with them. this doesn't only apply to computers, it doesn't make their products any better.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Apple is the best, last year, I was having trouble with my iMac (the video card) since it was the third time that the video card fkked up, they decided to give me a brand new, iMac with a bigger screen FREE and they refunded the remainder of my AppleCare (they offered to let me transfer it to my new one if I wanted but it only had about a year left)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
wouldnt like mac and pcs too much

they are made off cheap slave labor in china that put ameircans out of work

food for thought

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Ive always had a Mac and a pc setup. both do the job just fine but ive always thought the Mac is a more elegant interface. even the way the mouse moves the curser across the screen seems smoother and more refind on the Mac. but yea they are pricey no doubt. but sometimes you get what ya pays fer.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I got my mac book for 500 UK pounds about $300 off ebay. It has lasted me longer than any of the PC's I have had. Touch wood, I have had absolutely zero problems with it. No shut downs, no crashes, no blue screens, no ctrl alt del. Just a much better experience all round. Once you've had mac you'll never go back.

I have been putting a small amount of money aside each month, for the day I need to get a new mac. The fear of going back to a pc forced me into such drastic action.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
Apple gives their users minimal options. Its over priced, you buy the name not the operating system or the hardware. You can make or buy a windows PC for $1000 and its going to be faster then a mac. + the software is not expensive and their is more of it on windows PC. Macs are trendy crap. ICRAP. I will admit though the operating system is smooth but their is not enough options. I would only use one to search the net.
edit on 20-9-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

I paid 750 for mine. It's refurbished and I go to do what I wanted to the HD size and ram. I upgraded and it was still cheap. So again the cost argument is a weak one. Yes they are more but you can buy them refurbished for half price or less....

Their OS is what I love most. Its so easy to use and I love their programs. Also crap? That is a matter of opinion as the people have spoke..They love their Macs and only "like" their PCs

Again it's about personal preference

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
Mac's are the girls choice of computer; pretty, over-priced and low specification.

Um that is a matter of opinion NOT fact. Fact is I know more men with Macs AND PCs...They respect both for individual things...Macs are pretty, sorry PC is the red headed step child in the corner with looks.

PC's are the computer enthusiasts choice of computer; functional, reasonably priced and high specification.

Oh really? I have those things on my Mac....Again say it with me, PREFERENCE. I have seen people pay just as much to have a PC with specifications of an Apple so again the whole cost thing is a weak one cause if you know how to shop for a Mac besides Apple you can get great deals.

A Mac is for facebook and tweeting, while making a statement in fashion.

A PC is for gaming.

Oh young Padawan, Mac's are for design...You forgot that. Also I like that I can FB without FB crashing on my Mac..since I got it not once has it crashed. I bet if I turned PC on and went to FB it would crash in 20mins

PCs ARE for gaming. I havent denied that. I am NOT a gamer! If you are a gamer yea you want a PC but why would I spend money on a PC when I prefer the options on a Mac?

A Mac is the Paris Hilton of computers.

That is INSULTING to Mac! Ick! Mac has class!

The PC is the Chuck Norris of computers.

Haha um no....if that were the case PC would kick ass and not have issues or crashes lol

That should suffice for the broad sweeping statements.

Regards, Skellon.

You mean opinions?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This explains for me why a PC will always beat a Mac...

cheezcomixed.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
how about PC = Piece of Crap!!

I was a PC owner for 12 years, went through I don't remember how many computers, always needing to update, reconfigure, start over, blah blah blah....

When I decided to buy a new laptop the sales guy at Best Buy suggested I look at a Mac before I made my final decision between another HP or Acer. Went and looked at the Macs and wondered what was so special about it until he started showing me what it could do, well it got my attention. I took a day to think about it, researched Mac vs PC, asked friends, and decided that too many great reviews about Macs from former PC users was too much to ignore and decided to try it, I had a two week return window besides.

It was one of the smartest decisions I have ever made!!! I love my Mac, went back and bought an I Mac for my kids and eventually bought a laptop for my college daughter. What can I say, we love our Macs, they are so much better, funner, easier and for the extra couple of hundred dollars I spent per computer vs Piece of Crap, it was well worth the money!! So, all of you PC owners that continually criticize Mac owners and Macs, bring it on!!!!! You can't touch this!!! Mac users love their computers because they are hassle free and work like a PC is supposed to but never will!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

While I own a PC and a Mac, I prefer my mac just for simplicities sake. Although I must admit, the magsafe charger is the worst design in the world. Especially where the power cable connects to the magnetic part. It's failed in less than a year!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I work on a Mac, have a PC at home (that I pretty much never use as I take my MacBook home each night)....

I went kind of reluctantly to Mac, but now never look back. I love the fact I don't have to deal with viruses and malware....

I'm pretty sure my next computer purchase for the home will be a Mac...just hate that they cost SO much more.... Still though...worth it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join