It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We like our PCs-----but we LOVE our Macs!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
So today was a happy day for me and Apple apparently

I got a new Macbook Pro in the mail so I definitely love my Mac.

To all those who say people prefer PC well it seems they like PC but love Mac overall

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Americans' satisfaction with their personal computers is at an all-time high, but buyers' happiness with Apple's Macs continues to top Windows PCs.

I have used Apple since I was a kid so it is what I am use to and prefer. I never really used a PC until last year when I had to have one for school. It was and is not for me. I had many issues that I was never taught how to deal with so it was just frustrating to me. I don't "hate" PC's like some think, they just aren't what I am use to or need. They aren't bad computers if you know what you are doing!! I wish I had the knowledge to use and work a PC properly but I don't. I like Apple and it suits me and my needs.

An American Customer Satisfaction Index report released Tuesday shows that consumers are the happiest that they've ever been with their computers. The 16-year old survey found that PCs scored a rating of 78 out of 100, matching the record score set last year.

Other Windows PC makers, including Dell (DELL, Fortune 500), Acer and some smaller manufacturers like Toshiba, Lenovo and Sony (SNE), all achieved the same ratings this year as they did in 2010: They all tied with a satisfaction rating of 77.

I had an Acer and well I give it a rating of 50% and my HP I had after was pretty good it was just old and outdated. If it was my computer I would have done the upgrades but since I wasn't going to keep it I just dealt with the issues it had, even though they drove me crazy.
It did it's purpose, get me online....even if it did take forever...(thanks to chat for the help all the time!)

But Apple's (AAPL, Fortune 500) satisfaction rating climber higher this year, blowing past its rivals with a score of 87, up from 86 in 2010. This year marks the eighth straight year in which Apple led the PC category.
"Apple's customer satisfaction dominance has been unassailable for the past eight years," said Claes Fornell, founder of the ACSI, an Ann Arbor, Mich.-based research group. "Apple's winning combination of innovation and product diversification has kept the company consistently at the leading edge."

NICE!!

So there it is with back up...Apple beats PC...Argument over

click link for more and a nice little graph

Apple beats PC proof

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
yes apple beats pc.....with being more expensive for the same parts......OHHHHHHHHHHHH!

true story

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
yes apple beats pc.....with being more expensive for the same parts......OHHHHHHHHHHHH!

true story

More than twice as expensive for the same parts.
At least they are happy with getting ripped off...Macs do look pretty, and that's how you should pick out a computer right? By how pretty it looks.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

true story

Ohhh I got a 15in refurbished Macbook Pro with upgraded parts for 750! That isn't expensive....It's bargain shopping! It's still what I needed and I saved money and it has a warranty, which I doubt it will need. My Acer's warranty, if you want to call it that was worthless. I am still waiting on a battery I was told was sent over and over....this was a year ago. Oh and it's dead..What i spent on that I spent on this and I doubt, no I know I won't have those problems again......

So money well spent

True story

The whole price thing is a weak argument in the Mac vs PC game

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
im sorry but im not going to listen to their statistics when there are simply more pc's then mac's out there....i love my pc...id rather a laptop at this point just because i dont do the gaming i used to.....but then again mac's are not gaming rigs pc's are
so to each their own...i do like the simplicity of the Mac OS tho....Mac OS on PC = Happy me.....

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I don't think it is the technology or operating system they are in love with, its the culture. Apple has a cult like following.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Ohhh I got a 15in refurbished Macbook Pro with upgraded parts for 750! That isn't expensive.

You realize the computer specs aren't measured by the size of their screen, right?
Mac users don't have a clue about cpu, ram, video cards, etc.

And you're comparing it to an Acer...that's the walmart brand. You can't judge PCs by Acers.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
actually Mac parts are generally outdated at any given time
and don't get me started on Safari,
Sony does the same thing with Vaio's sure they look pretty they look great infact
but you have to spend atleast $1200 for a decent machine and not a high tech typewriter

although you made a very wise choice getting a refurbished Mac,
probably the best way to go if you ever wanted one

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

true story

At least they are happy with getting ripped off...Macs do look pretty, and that's how you should pick out a computer right? By how pretty it looks.

You have truely just given me a gift.
My friend constantly say's his PS3 is better because it looks better than the 360. (Say's my 360 looks toyish).
But now I can just say "And thats exactly what you should base your choice on for a computer". He won't even see it coming.

God it is truely annoying how people can't just accept others choices.

I never used a Mac, I don't know what the main selling point is.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calex1987
im sorry but im not going to listen to their statistics when there are simply more pc's then mac's out there....i love my pc...id rather a laptop at this point just because i dont do the gaming i used to.....but then again mac's are not gaming rigs pc's are
so to each their own...i do like the simplicity of the Mac OS tho....Mac OS on PC = Happy me.....

See I don't game, zero attention span for it. I am happy with how easy it is to use a Mac. I don't want to hunt in various folders for things or go thru complicated methods to fix things or make sure it's more secure than Ft, Knox. I grew up using Apple in school, if I grew up using PC I'd probably be a PC user because I would know how to build my own or fix them but I don't and all it does is cause my blood to boil in frustration.

I didn't have my first computer til I was in my mid 20s when I saved to buy a Powerbook G4
It was my first Apple and I was very happy with it. I had it for about 5yrs and it worked great, no issues what so ever.... I had a really hard time using a PC the first time. If you ever frequented chat you would have seen

There are more PC's out there agreed and I won't deny there are more. I also know that more people would have a Mac if they could afford them. You can get an affordable Mac if you know where to look!

I always compare Macs to Honda (yes I do lol) They have a nice resale value and they last!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

true story

Yes they are pretty. I'm a girl. I like pretty shiny things.

They are also very organized and well me being very OCD it's great! It is an organizers dream imo

Look most guys like nice flat tvs with HD to watch football games on, I like nice shiny sleek laptops to surf the internet with.

It's preference. I didn't get ripped off....I got what I paid for.....money WELL spent.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
I don't think it is the technology or operating system they are in love with, its the culture. Apple has a cult like following.

Again I won't deny that...

It is a thing...I am a big Apple fan but I have been since I used one.

I have the iPhone and Apple TV on the way. I like my Apple products. I am satisfied with their products and service....Plus I even get a discount on accessories for my tattoo...

Yup I have an Apple tat....flame away, it's nothing i haven't heard before

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'm seriously digging on my new Toshiba laptop. It has a current generation sandy bridge core i3, 3gb ram(now 4gb), 320 gb hard drive, and the HD3000 graphics are better then I was expecting. This beastly entry level machine was $400 and dual boots win7 and mint linux with authority. I wouldn't even consider buying a macbook since it costs twice as much just to get a used (refurbished) unit.
edit on 20-9-2011 by wiandiii because: for content

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
see a pc isnt that bad i dont have to search a crap ton of folders ect bout the same as a mac..my besties first lappy was a mac and ive always had my power house tower pc
and yes you ladies like shiny clean things! and come to speak of it i use my flat screen for my monitor
haha but to each there own at yeh 750 for your mac thats decent...i payed more for my tower X.x haha....but still pc's are not as problematic as some think sure it takes getting used to but so does a mac ect.... haha ahhhwell

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Ohhh I got a 15in refurbished Macbook Pro with upgraded parts for 750! That isn't expensive.

You realize the computer specs aren't measured by the size of their screen, right?
Mac users don't have a clue about cpu, ram, video cards, etc.

And you're comparing it to an Acer...that's the walmart brand. You can't judge PCs by Acers.

No I don't have a clue about any of that stuff and never had to before with my Mac. I was quite happy with my Powerbook without knowing any of that stuff. I know what they are know after having a PC with issues. I had to learn what those were. (I thank ATS chat)

It's a PC it runs Windows and it cost me the same as my Mac and was crap. Windows crashed ALL THE TIME. It sucked. I hated that computer. I want to drop it from my balcony or run it over! It caused many mental breakdowns with lost essays for class and many other issues that made school that much more unenjoyable!

Now my roommates HP wasn't bad just outdated, still drove me nuts though.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
if you learn to take care of your pc its as easy as a mac since ive got this pc over a year ago i havnt had a single issue...at all! so its all on how you take care of your stuff

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

No doubt in my mind...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I've got a Dell and a Mac... and as you say.. I like my Dell, but I love my Mac. I'm actually barely hanging on to liking my Dell. In only two years, I've replaced the screen and had to completely wipe it of all systems, programs, softwares, and files because it randomly stopped working.
In fact... the first time my Dell stopped working, I had to immediately buy a new computer because I couldn't wait weeks to fix the stupid Dell due to my need for my business. I tried absolutely everything with my Dell to get it to work. The only way it would turn on and stay on was in Safe Mode.
Well, I brought my Dell home in the same bag as my new MacBook and decided to turn my Dell on in safe mode so I could get all my documents off it and transfer it to my Mac. I got distracted while turning on the Dell and let it accidentally turn on in Normal mode. All of a sudden it worked just fine! Yes, I was pissed that I bought a new computer and my old one randomly fixed itself. However... I decided what happened was while I had the two in the same bag together, they had a little conversation. The Mac said to the Dell, "You know...it's really not that hard. Stop being lazy, and do what you are supposed to do." And the Dell was dutifully chastised.

But seriously, I still prefer my Mac over my Dell any day. It might be more expensive to fix.... but how is spending $0 on my Mac because it has never broken down, more expensive than spending $250 on my Dell because I had to replace the screen when it "burned out" and buy a whole new Windows software just to make it work? Sorry, Mac will always win in my book.

Dell 0
Mac 1

(Oh...and I got a refurbished Mac too - best choice I've ever made)
edit on 20-9-2011 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomSnake
actually Mac parts are generally outdated at any given time
and don't get me started on Safari,
Sony does the same thing with Vaio's sure they look pretty they look great infact
but you have to spend atleast $1200 for a decent machine and not a high tech typewriter

although you made a very wise choice getting a refurbished Mac,
probably the best way to go if you ever wanted one

It is a great way!! If what I got were new it would have been twice the cost. I am one of those who bargain shops and I found the site I got it on a while back and I always said when I need a new Mac I will go to them.

I like Safari, never had a problem with it. What did you not like? I'm curious.

Well the thing with cost is they always say the more you pay the more you get. My main argument is the whole virus issue with PCs. I have NO idea how to deal with all that stuff. It is confusing and well I'd rather pay extra to not deal with that. I had my Powerbook for 5yrs and downloaded music and movies all the time and never had one problem. I got my Acer, used the same program to download and got a trojan the first time I downloaded something. I had no idea what that was! My friend fixed it and told me not to download without getting all these other programs first to protect it...WHY add them? Why not make it that way?! Do you sell a car without seat belts? Why not sell it with protection built in. I know Apple still has viruses but they are no where near as bad as with a PC. I had a few members have to help me restore my whole system a couple times because of these nice little hitchhikers!

Again it's all about preference and what you know or prefer.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calex1987
see a pc isnt that bad i dont have to search a crap ton of folders ect bout the same as a mac..my besties first lappy was a mac and ive always had my power house tower pc
and yes you ladies like shiny clean things! and come to speak of it i use my flat screen for my monitor
haha but to each there own at yeh 750 for your mac thats decent...i payed more for my tower X.x haha....but still pc's are not as problematic as some think sure it takes getting used to but so does a mac ect.... haha ahhhwell

haha see preference

I honestly think I might like PC if I knew how to use one lol I just honestly don't have the patience or time. Although I did learn a few things in the time I had one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join