It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If You Don't, I Will" - The Start of the Second American Revolution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I am making this thread to the recent rise in posts I have been seeing about the American Revolution. Right now there are at least three active topics that are at least discussing it, and I have noticed a bit of a change in sentiment from now compared to a couple years ago. There seems to be a lot of disdain and angst towards many who mention revolution, and a lot of sure-as-they-come comments as to whether or not (mostly not) the revolution will happen.

Which leads me to come here to remind people of something: why we need a revolution.

You see, something as simple as mass opting out of the current corrupt system would be glorious and a nice step in the right direction. People will argue against the need for revolution because "all we need is a little unity in action" and a little "standing up to the system". I especially love the "change through voting" types that actually believe the voting system still works.

What these people refuse - yes that is correct - REFUSE to understand is the simple truth as was written in our very own Declaration of Independence. Allow me to refresh with the words of the past:

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

Mankind will suffer and accept their meager lives quite simply because they are sufferable. Just as they have done in the past in every single situation, people will rot away and be lead directly into undeniable slavery before they ever begin questioning the wrongs of the system. They would much rather continue to live in the broken system, accepting fate as it would be, than to wake up and make even the smallest effort to change that.

Why?

Because it is simply bearable. It isn't terrible, but it sure as hell isn't good, even for those of us that don't value freedom and independence. But for those of us who do, we recognize the system that has been put into place and the effort that has gone into protecting that system from any outside influence. No matter how many peaceful marches, how many people vote, how many people WISH that others would work together to 'opt out' of the system - it is never going to happen. Not in America at least.

The only option is revolution. It is the only option because it is the only way that holds ANY chance at all of success. Yes, there are cons to a revolution as can be seen by the struggles seen throughout the Middle East at this very time, but in the end - should liberty and freedom be established as paramount - the work put in and the blood shed to achieve that point will be more than worth it in its sacrifice.

With that said I am here to remind everyone of a proclamation I made two years ago right here on Above Top Secret. If someone doesn't start the revolution... I will. I still stand by my date the dawning of 2013, if there has not been some significant change to the direction of this country, and people have not taken the steps to fight back against the tyrannical government - I will take the first steps necessary to begin the change.

This is not a threat of violence. This is not a threat of any kind. I am a young, simple man, who unlike some, am able to see through this facade, this smoke and mirrors presentation that the powers that be provide in order to make people think that change is capable through the methods that they provide. It is the belief that so many believe that they are actually capable of winning the game when their opponents make the rules and constantly change them as they go. Recognize that it is not the government that should be writing the rules - it is the people - and there is nothing on this green Earth that makes them any better or dominant than us.

With a little over a year remaining until the year that changes my life, I honestly hope that people are capable of change. I honestly hope that the voting systems do prevail and the biased media doesn't win over the 2012 elections. I hope that people stop sitting and tucking tail every time things get too hot for them to handle. I hope beyond all hope that there is some way to resolve the failing of our country other than revolution, but though people talk and talk some more - there has never been a more simplified and determined answer than the one that I, and many others, provide.

With that said let me reiterate the point in my title, not as a threat, but as a promise of action. If you, the rest of the people, do not start the revolution - I will.

Peace and goodnight to you all.

-Gwydion

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

please have a look at this
www.abovetopsecret.com...
it is a revoultion plan that tries to account for everyones views in this issue
change is possible
lets unite

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

Of course all what say dude.. i wish you luck..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes;

You seem to overlook this statement.
I'd like you to share what grievous causes have been done to you. And I'm not asking for things you've read on the internet. Because you shouldn't believe anything you read online.

Listen to the song Revolution by the Beatles.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

"You say you got a real solution, well we'd all love to see the plan"

On the flip side----Bob Marley-Revolution

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
MAYBE I CAN HELP!!! If it starts do you think now they can blame it on a Terrorist ? !!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
And I will be happy to join you. I have pledged to write a formal document on the 100th anniversary of the Fed's creation, on December 23, 2013, that will outline our independence from the central bank and its fiat inflationary money. I do not know how, as of this point, I will carry out this plan, but I hope to begin minting gold coinage in secret as a start.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I strongly advise you to stop trying to incite rebellion, they lock people like you up and throw away the key claiming youre a terrorist so you don't get a fair trial.

The U.S. has long passed to point of no return. All those cops out in every town? Theyre the well trained cannon fodder, as is the FBI and the ATF and DHS. When you decide to start a revolution yorue going to have to fight all those government agencies who will resist you, and then they have backup in the form of the national gaurd and then the Army and Air Force and i seriously doubt there's going to by any high ranking generals that is going to risk his pension to overthrow washington.

Get real bro, its not gonna happen because IF it was, it would have happened already. We've all been dumbed down with fluoride water and 70% of the nations kids are retarded to the point they are flunking out of school and don't even care.
edit on 20-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The Revolution has already begun my friend. It is an internal revolution. When Man realizes that he cannot rule other men, nor can he entrust his will to other men to be ruled, then Man will be King among Kings and know the law which unites all Kingdoms. Anything less is merely a pleasant form of tyranny.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The only revolution you should be striving for is a mental revolution, not a physical one. We need to unite and be constructive as a species, not destructive. No matter what, "they" can't take our optimism and creativity away. We are only as strong as our weakest link... remember that
edit on 20-9-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I'd say its because those usually behind these ideas are violent and many actually wish to force their own ideas on everyone else. Who decides what to revolt for? You? Me? La Raza? The New Black Panthers? The Marxists? The Anarchists? The Communists? Jihadists? The Jews? The Christians? The Maoists? The Leninists? NAMBLA? Michael Moore? Obama? Imadinnerjacket (Ahmadinejad)? George Soros? George Bush? The Libertarians? The Green Party? The Tea Party? The Hindu's? The Scientologists? The Free Masons?

I've also noticed the threads and the level of leeway the Mods are giving considering organizing is forbidden here and some of the threads seem to be trying to organize.

Its no worse now than it was in the 1960's or likely most other generations. Every generation thinks its the last one or its worse for them, but it's not. Hard times turn to good times, leaders change as they come and go, societies ideas change and yet we trudge along.

Right now those that are hurting forget that 80% or more of us are still doing just fine. Neither a bad or good thing but you would never get a large enough consensus based on a single ideology to get far. If it turned violent the whole country would turn back on you. Free people know they already have it pretty good. This cannot be compared to what our Founding Fathers dealt with and its disingenuous to say so and naive to think so in my opinion.

ATS would not exist at all if it were anything like the times real Revolutions occurred and if the situation were that dire. Now in say a Theocracy like Iran it can and likely should happen. Here though we still have peaceful means to deal with it. All it would be here is one group outside the mainstream trying to force their wants on the vast majority of the rest of us by force. That is not a revolution, it's a Coup which is what some groups want. See Castro, Che and people like Mao or Stalin for how those Revolutions were forced on the people.

Looking at your threads on this same topic you are trying to organize here. Is that true? I am pro-gun ownership but I hope right now you don't own one. Are you drunk?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Good eye to see through the facade and into the core of the crux... bet you're enjoying that extra cash too

Life is good when you want it to be. Violence will get you nowhere real fast, and that pride will keep you there.

If everything is cyclical, then learn to be ahead of the curve

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

We don't need a Revolution. We need a restoration. We need to take back what has been taken from us. We need our government back from the hands of banksters and criminals. We need our real money back. We need our rights back. We needs our dreams back. We need our self respect back. We have been hi-jacked and its time to turn the hostages loose. Unfortunately it has always been the destiny of the American people to be in a constant battle with the forces who work to destroy our lives and our futures. The call to arms is being raised once again from the voices of history to the present day. Are we going to go down in the books of history with a whimper? Let the cowards run. As your running ask yourself what are you running to? Everyone dies it a matter of when and why that really matters.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Ahh, Bob Marley is always nice to listen to.

Aside from that, we DO need a Revolution...and I'm a bit surprised to admit it.
Here in the US "our" Government is too far out of control. "We" make the Roman wars of aggression look mild.
I honestly do not believe these maniacs can be stopped, but they need to be stopped by ANY means possible.

I know a lot of you readers live off the Government dole...but it's blood money, and anyone who has a conscience and takes the time to learn what "We" REALLY stand for would burn your check and grow a victory garden.

Plant some flowers for the children we have murdered over the last 200 years...forget abortions, those doc's ain't got nuttin' on our military when it comes to murdering kids...and women...and old men...and anyone that they think stands in the way of profit.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrenchOsage
those doc's ain't got nuttin' on our military when it comes to murdering kids...and women...and old men...and anyone that they think stands in the way of profit.

preach! maybe somebody should teach the youth of today just how the US Government treats and repays/looks after their vets. and let's see where their loyalties stand after.

It's about teaching, not reaching for the gats or hitting the streets with a mask on... we gotta get a mental revolution and pull everybody ahead of the curve

Just ask yourself this... if we're all brothers. Why do we force each other to struggle? struggling in pain over things vain... it's a damn shame we don't know how good we actually got it. Why would you take up arms and fight for another mans ideology that doesn't even benefit you?! Why would you kill somebody else, from another country when they're in the exact same position as you?! It makes no sense... *headintowallemoticon*

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nastradamus

I'm on cycle two having started out as an Vietnam War Peace Activists only to watch the fake and very violent groups like the Weather Underground take it over. Nothing changes. Neither do the violent nuts who hate all authority and are against anything they do not run themselves. Neither do the barely out of adolescent youth who think turning 18 means they are mature or their brains have finished developing critical thinking skills. Been there before, done that before. But hey, I'm over 30 so don't trust me, I'm the enemy and Anarchists are just cool, responsible, mature folk who happen to wear really cool Ninja Hoods.

Throwing rocks through the bookstore's window, owned by the evil retired Teacher down the street is the best way to get even with banks. I know that. Heck they all work for THE MAN!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

So if you've been through it already, you know the moves. If history repeats then learn from your past mistakes and be ahead of the curve so you can face the cycle head on and really make a difference.

Mental revolution, not physical. Let the agent provocateurs expose themselves through their violent actions.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

There is more than ample reason to begin revolution. In fact, we rest and much similar terms as they did prior to the American Revolution began.

Why was the Revolution fought?

Well let's start with the Proclamation of 1763, in which no colonists were able to settle west of the Appalachian mountains. It was a direct power grab by the king to limit the freedom of the colonists. It was a simple regulation that people ended up refuses to abide by.

Are we not currently surrounded in simple, useless, freedom nullifying regulations? There are so many little laws that have passed that eliminate freedom of choice that I would need to make multiple topics to discuss them all. Not only are we limited today to what land we have - considering the land is full and whatever isn't the government snatches up and holds on to - but we are subject to far worse ridicules on our freedom such as what we are allowed to consume or how we are allowed to live.

Then we have taxes. We have had taxes for years that have been absolutely, 100%, undeniably unconstitutional. On top of our taxes, we have more taxes to the point where nearly everything in the world is taxed. Even services are taxed. Compared to the Stamp Act and Sugar Act, those things were mere scratches compared to the gaping, open wounds we are forced to contest with today from our own governments.

Last, and certainly not least, is the Constitution and Declaration of Independence themselves, which have been defiantly stepped on, swept under a rug, and ignored for the better part of a century. There are so many acts proposed by our current administration, much less the ones that have come before it, that defy directly with clauses placed in the Constitution. Not only that, but the federal government has claimed the belief that the Constitution allows them to govern anything not mentioned within, when in reality - they have no right over a free people to do so.

We have become a welfare police state full of brainwashed people, many whom don't even know why the Revolution was fought in the first place, and many who actually believe the BS rhetoric that is drilled into their minds from birth - "Hail America, the greatest nation on Earth!" Not anymore it isn't, Not for a long time.

reply to post by ShamilAbdullah

When it starts, those responsible must be quick to take responsibility and point out the reasons why it happened, simply so that they cannot blame the event on a terrorist.

reply to post by ForeverDusk

Always nice to rally support. I support your idea as well.

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

They can claim me to be a terrorist all they want. I know my rights and I am well versed on anything they might throw at me. They could search me to no end and they would never find anything incriminating against me. Sure, there is a possibility of being framed and belittled in the process, but I do not fear the work I have to do to help attain freedom.

America is too far gone for most means, but not for Revolution. The recent Muslim Spring should show that countries are never "too far gone" for their people to awaken en masse.... they only need someone to show them the way.

reply to post by IAMIAM

This I know more than ever, which is why the revolution in my mind does not entail the ruling of other men. It entails protecting them and allowing them to be free about their own wills and about themselves.

If only that were possible at this point in time. Sadly, those in power have reversed that process by their greed, separatism, and vast regulations against freedom. Without a spark to open peoples minds to why unity is necessary, TRUE UNITY mind you, not the Nationalist BS we are used to, then I am afraid that people will remain slaves to the system forever.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I'd say its because those usually behind these ideas are violent and many actually wish to force their own ideas on everyone else. Who decides what to revolt for? You? Me? La Raza? The New Black Panthers? The Marxists? The Anarchists? The Communists? Jihadists? The Jews? The Christians? The Maoists? The Leninists? NAMBLA? Michael Moore? Obama? Imadinnerjacket (Ahmadinejad)? George Soros? George Bush? The Libertarians? The Green Party? The Tea Party? The Hindu's? The Scientologists? The Free Masons?

That is your problem right there. You think that the revolution will be about one set of ideals of beliefs, when in reality it is about ALL IDEALS AND BELIEFS. The closest thing in what you put is "The Libertarians", because they want liberty and freedom of choice for all people.

Is this a bad thing? Is this something that people can't agree with? With freedom you are free to practice and believe whatever you want. The only thing that will be enforced is forcing your beliefs on someone else, or discriminating against those whose beliefs are different. Do what thou will and allow others to do the same. That is the freedom that "I" personally fight for. Anyone else says differently, that is them, not me.

I've also noticed the threads and the level of leeway the Mods are giving considering organizing is forbidden here and some of the threads seem to be trying to organize.

Allow me to clarify that right now: I'm not trying to organize anything on ATS anymore. Tried that, realized the true nature of the beast that is this website, and now I only seek to inform. When the revolution comes, people will need only know that it is here in order to mobilize.

Right now those that are hurting forget that 80% or more of us are still doing just fine. Neither a bad or good thing but you would never get a large enough consensus based on a single ideology to get far. If it turned violent the whole country would turn back on you. Free people know they already have it pretty good. This cannot be compared to what our Founding Fathers dealt with and its disingenuous to say so and naive to think so in my opinion.

Do you know what the consensus was during the Revolution? Do you know what percentage of the people were who actually fought? I will allow you to do the history check.

As I have said actively in the past, the only way that it would turn violent is if the government fired the first shots - it which case the people will see the true colors of their fearless leaders.

Even the Founding Fathers "had it pretty good" yet they still put their skins on the line to fight for a more free society.

ATS would not exist at all if it were anything like the times real Revolutions occurred and if the situation were that dire. Now in say a Theocracy like Iran it can and likely should happen. Here though we still have peaceful means to deal with it. All it would be here is one group outside the mainstream trying to force their wants on the vast majority of the rest of us by force. That is not a revolution, it's a Coup which is what some groups want. See Castro, Che and people like Mao or Stalin for how those Revolutions were forced on the people.

What are you talking about? Newspapers still existed. They spoke openly about resistance to British presence. The colonies weren't under lock and key, mandatory curfews, and openly abused. No... that is some of us today. All ATS is is a modern newspaper using the technology which is openly available, no different than the press of the time.

Your belief that our country is so much different than Iran as laughable. The only difference is that the Iranian government does lie about what it does, it openly does it.

As far as "peaceful means" - read my damn post. Peaceful means are DONE. They have accomplished nothing for more than 40 years. The government does not listen and thus, they have no reason to act upon peaceful protests. If you think otherwise, you are simply delusional to the facts.

As for the mention of Castro and Che - that my friend was a revolution. The people supported Castro and his ideals, however they were not able to look into the future to know how everything would turn out. Even today many in Cuba support Castro's ideals that he brought forth to the table. Personally, I respect both men for what they fought and in Che's case, died for. A few Americans could learn a valuable lesson from the two of them, but Castro and Cuba still stand to many as an American boogeyman that he was painted decades ago.

Looking at your threads on this same topic you are trying to organize here. Is that true? I am pro-gun ownership but I hope right now you don't own one. Are you drunk?

I am here to inform, not organize, not anymore. Secondly I own three guns. Lastly, I do not drink.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I know many people who have "wanted" life to be good for some time. Many of them are homeless or struggling to feed their children. Many of them have been out of work for two years now. Many of them are college and high school graduates who have NEVER had a job and have never been able to get one. Many of them are business owners who had to shut down their business thanks to the economy, government regulations, and corporatism here in America. Many of them are veterans of the wars who have to scrap for change in gutters.

But don't worry, I believe you. "Life is good when you want it to be." I'm sure they don't, however.

As far as everything being cyclical, then that means revolution is overdo, and freedom is on its way.

reply to post by redrose123

I agree with you more or less. A restoration of liberty and freedom that was originally fought for. I feel that only through revolution will that dream become a reality.

reply to post by FrenchOsage

Another thing I feel strongly about. The wars of aggression that have been waging from our soil need to be stopped in their tracks completely. I too feel that unless a drastic change happens, the maniacs who control it all will never stop their imperialistic fight.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

America is too far gone for most means, but not for Revolution. The recent Muslim Spring should show that countries are never "too far gone" for their people to awaken en masse.... they only need someone to show them the way.

Youre forgetting something. They were all radical muslim in Egypt that overthrew Mubarak, and radical muslim again in Libya. The muslim brotherhood is huge and unlike the U.S. those governments didn't have the people so cowed down and afraid to so much as fart in their gonverments direction. Also, as can be seen throughout history, muslim have no compunction against breaking laws and murdering innocent people to achieve a goal, they call it "collateral damage". The U.S. by contrast, is a nation of mixed religion, and most of them are pacifist and unwilling to take a life, which is more often than not what must be done for revolution. Yes, the U.S. is way too far gone to overthrow its government. It's going the way of ancient Rome, first the infrastructure falls, and then the elite begin trying to save their wealth by investing in non-parishable items such as gold, infighting and civil disputes will erupt and then society will fall apart in an "everyman for himself" fashion follwed by the death of the U.S., and then foreign nations that have been eyeballing this prime realestate will swiftly move to conquer whats left and divy up the spoils, they will be coming to evict you out of the homes you all bought and move themselves in and your sh*t will be their sh*t. Think it won't happen? Think again, the vultures are already circling above us and eyeballing this soon to be carcass we call the U.S.
edit on 21-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join