It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Hippocritical For Tea Partiers To Collect Welfare?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

no tea party person would rely on the government to provide for them
reply to post by STEADFast

Ummmmm If i ever need welfare i will take it BECAUSE ITS MY TAX MONEY! Not the Government's money but mine.
The Government relays on me and my money not the other way around. We the people run this country if we all said NO i will not pay taxes or said NO i will not go to work. The Government would sh*t a brick. It's our money we can shut this place down. We run the U.S.A.

...............Well that how it should be but way to many people forgot who they are and now there are more sheep then citizens

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Tea Party people don't complain about people that use the system to survive, and by the way, that is a pretty broad statement. Tea Party people complain about those that are leeches on the system. They complain about the Zero Liability Voters. They complain about those lazy, good for nothing people that believe that they are entitled to other people's money by virtue of their existence. I don't know any Conservative or any Tea Party member that is against a tax paying citizen that has fallen on hard times receiving some help, because chances are that help will be temporary, until that person gets back on their feet. The difference is that person has pride and doesn't want to be relying on the system. The leech has no pride and has no problem living off of the hard work of others. The one thing that I will say is that any real Conservative does have a problem with welfare being handled at the federal level, because it is unconstitutional (Art1, Sec 8) instead it should be handled by the individual states. I live in Virginia, so why should my tax dollars pay for the food stamps of someone that lives in Michigan, or any other state besides Virginia?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by Cuervo

Tea Party people don't complain about people that use the system to survive, and by the way, that is a pretty broad statement. Tea Party people complain about those that are leeches on the system. They complain about the Zero Liability Voters. They complain about those lazy, good for nothing people that believe that they are entitled to other people's money by virtue of their existence. I don't know any Conservative or any Tea Party member that is against a tax paying citizen that has fallen on hard times receiving some help, because chances are that help will be temporary, until that person gets back on their feet. The difference is that person has pride and doesn't want to be relying on the system. The leech has no pride and has no problem living off of the hard work of others. The one thing that I will say is that any real Conservative does have a problem with welfare being handled at the federal level, because it is unconstitutional (Art1, Sec 8) instead it should be handled by the individual states. I live in Virginia, so why should my tax dollars pay for the food stamps of someone that lives in Michigan, or any other state besides Virginia?

Who are these "leeches"? How can you possibly know if somebody is a leech or not?! And I'm the one making the broad statements? You are either for or against helping people in need. Being on welfare is not a preferable way of life and in my past work with the system and the impoverished (in various non-profits that I've chaired), not one person "chose" to be on welfare. Nobody I ever helped or worked with would choose that way of life. And don't even start on illegal immigrants getting welfare... that is a freakin' MYTH. You can't. Even legal immigrants are severely limited in the federal help they can get.

As far as your last sentence goes, yeah... I can totally get behind why that would make you mad. It should be more state-centric. Believe it or not, I'm very much a state's rights guy. I think somebody else on this thread said it best: "It's really none of our business what their situation is"

<< 1  2  3   >>

join