It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could choose only one, what would it be.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RichardPrice
Funny this question comes up now, as I'm in the process of buying a DC-3

But my choice would be an Avro Lancaster.

YOU ARE BUYING A DC-3? I gotta hear more about this. I play the Powerball when it gets over $100 million just to have a remote chance at getting an A-4. I know where there are two for sale. I'm a licensed A&P and have been working on old warbirds for years just to keep my license.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
My choice might seem a tad odd, but it brings back memories of my childhood. It would have to be the Cessna 185. I grew up in the jungles of the Amazon and the 185 was the only way to get in and get out. We also relied on it to bring us food. Our pilots had serious guts as did us passengers. There was no room for error. I'd give up living in the U.S. to go back in a heartbeat.

Just some of the various airstrips that our mission served, enjoy

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This is easy,mines the Lockheed U-2,love the look of this plane and being able to cruise at 70k feet would be nice.

link-en.wikipedia.org...

edit to add-www.youtube.com...

Regards to all
edit on 30/09/10 by FeatheredSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

I said you would pick something from Miles or Fairey.

Good choice of the Vulcan though. Nice to see one still flying, as opposed to no more airworthy Concorde's.

LEE.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
A 1977-1978 Lockheed Jetstar II. At about 1.5 million dollars, they are dirt cheap and you can stand fully erect in the cabin. It's a fuel hog, but you fly with 4 engine safety and VIP luxury.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.globalplanesearch.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FeatheredSerpent

We all know that the U2 does not exist...... When I was based in Cyprus, we watched one take off every morning. Eventually, I wondered down the the AAA club to chat with the Sepos there. I asked them about the aircraft. Even though we all saw it every day, they totally denied that it existed.

So, you can't have one, sorry mate.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by FeatheredSerpent

We all know that the U2 does not exist...... When I was based in Cyprus, we watched one take off every morning. Eventually, I wondered down the the AAA club to chat with the Sepos there. I asked them about the aircraft. Even though we all saw it every day, they totally denied that it existed.

So, you can't have one, sorry mate.

On the basis that you comment was serious...

There is a difference between denying the existence of an aircraft and denying the deployment of an aircraft - since the USAF recently took a British TV presenter up in a U-2R, its difficult to suggest that they are denying the aircrafts existence

Hell, Gary Powers shoot down was publicly discussed by the US President, so its not been denied since the 1960s...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I would chose the ones parked under the pacific ocean they dont even require me to fly auto pilot
Loves this planet

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
F22. Even with some of the higher altitude oxygen mixing problems, can get you in and out really fast. Not to mention its slow airspeed maneuverability. And it looks sexy. Albeit the upkeep costs are through the roof.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
YOU ARE BUYING A DC-3? I gotta hear more about this. I play the Powerball when it gets over $100 million just to have a remote chance at getting an A-4. I know where there are two for sale. I'm a licensed A&P and have been working on old warbirds for years just to keep my license.

Yup, going to be part of a remote community African hospital project - but I plan to redo it in RAF colours and fly it on the UK airshow circuit for a few years first, and then fly it to Africa.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by lspilot6946

Please give me an shiny solar powered, lithium battery storage hoverblimp with slick surveillance capabilities.

Lockheed Martin's HALE-D High Altitude Long Endurance-Demonstrator.

30,000 ft?

edit on 23-9-2011 by trinkets because: bad video

youtu.be...
edit on 23-9-2011 by trinkets because: again, bad video link

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RichardPrice

No, I know it exists. I was standing next to it in Cyprus.

It was a joke.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'll take a Grumman F-7F Tigercat, thank you.
Fast, tough, absolutely lovely.

Behold the beast

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
May sound odd since I am only 30 and never seen this plane in action but to me the SPITFIRE from WW2 is probably one of the coolest meanest planes in history single handedly dominating the sky in WW2 it was truly a force to reckon with. easy (compared to modern planes) to fly and handle to me this was the apex of fighter planes

www.aircraftaces.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21
A-10 hands down, any plane that can fly all the way back to home base missing half a wing and with more bullet holes then you can count its an amazing bird.

That and the C130 Spookey.

Love me some A-10. You don't even hear them until they are right on top of you.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21
A-10 hands down, any plane that can fly all the way back to home base missing half a wing and with more bullet holes then you can count its an amazing bird.

Remember this?
cdn.mqstatic.com...

edit on 26-9-2011 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I`ll take a UH-1 with the double rotor option in olive drab as my daily driver. Got to keep that sound, ppl need to know you`re coming.

And for my weekend pleasure would be an upgraded F-15C with a fly-by-wire HiMAT system, and a new custom paintjob (probably black)

My little Cessna just dosnt do it for me anymore.

P-38 Lightning would be nice But if i dont stop myself now i`ll keep naming aircraft.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I would definitely have a Dash 8, the 400 version though, it looks sooo good.
Or a Hawker hunter, Best of British.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The wulf simply for the intimidation factor. I know I for one would nose dive into my own death If Isaw one of those things tailing me in hyperdrive

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Airforce One would be my choice. I would sell my house and live in it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join