It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Are we not Humans?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Today in college, we had a discussion about racism here in the US back during the Civil Rights Movement. And while we discussed the issue I thought to myself "What difference does it make whether your black, white, brown, etc."? Last time I checked we are all human beings no matter what color we are. I only wished that the majority of people would look past what color you wear on your skin. If we can truly get rid of that we will be one step closer to truly earning the title "Humans"




posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Yes we are all humans but all birds are birds so it really doesn't matter how similar the humans are to each other,the differences matter more so.

Oh and race isn't just skin colour despite what many people believe.



posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Yes, we are all humans, just as dogs are all dogs and fish are all fish and bird are all birds. What we refuse to accept(apparently) is that we have differences, exactly the way all other species have differences. We are just afraid(too politically correct) to admit it.

Doesnt mean we shouldnt have equal rights or anything else.....but we should learn to embrace and accept our differences, as opposed to prentending they dont exist.....



posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by KySc5
Today in college, we had a discussion about racism here in the US back during the Civil Rights Movement. And while we discussed the issue I thought to myself "What difference does it make whether your black, white, brown, etc."? Last time I checked we are all human beings no matter what color we are. I only wished that the majority of people would look past what color you wear on your skin. If we can truly get rid of that we will be one step closer to truly earning the title "Humans"


Racism is just plain ignorance and there are plenty of ignorant a#s people......unfortunately.

2nd



posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howakan
Yes, we are all humans, just as dogs are all dogs and fish are all fish and bird are all birds. What we refuse to accept(apparently) is that we have differences, exactly the way all other species have differences. We are just afraid(too politically correct) to admit it.

Doesnt mean we shouldnt have equal rights or anything else.....but we should learn to embrace and accept our differences, as opposed to prentending they dont exist.....


Yes! My husband is not the same "white" as I am. Like a Robin and Cardinal...both birds....not the same kind of bird.
Also the jury is still out on wether we are all "humans".



posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
David Icke and David Hasselhof say´s no. I tend to believe them..



posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Yes we are all humans but all birds are birds so it really doesn't matter how similar the humans are to each other,the differences matter more so.

Oh and race isn't just skin colour despite what many people believe.

Will you please enlighten me on what this statement means.
How are the races different other than skin color?
Seriously, I want to see some facts behind this.
Thanks,



posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by applebaum
 


There are many obvious physical differences between races, which are accepted as fact by both the medical and anthropological societies. A simple web search will confirm this for you. Different races are susceptible to different diseases. Our skeletons are different and easily identifiable by race. Our facial structures are different. Our hair is different. Our body sizes are different. These are all obvious and factual. Additionally, there are many "biological" differences, known to the medical community, that result in different treatments and genetic dispositions, which are relevant when diseases or injury are treated.

Tests prove that there are also differences in in physical skills and a variety of intelligence measurements. Of course, it is taboo to discuss these things and is often debated whether these are genetic or cultural differences. The levels of disparity overlap a great deal, meaning the differences are small, but measurable and definable. There are many many links and viable studies available to establish this. Just do a search and you will have your questions answered.

It may be a utopian ideal and the politically correct thing to believe we are all "exactly the same", but it just isnt true.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join