It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security, IRS raid IHOPs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
i thought this was odd and couldn't find it yet on ATS. could employees have been illegal immigrants? wouldn't it have had to have been a ring to draw the ire of the feds?

if it's tax fraud then why does homeland security show up?

the feds are giving no reason for the raids yet but one report i read mentioned a connection to "terrorism".

Federal agents search six NW Ohio IHOP restaurants, two homes

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

Terrorism With Your Pancakes? FBI, DHS, Police Raid 7 IHOP Restaurants
news-tracker.com...

50 boxes of files were removed from an IHOP in Toledo and "dozens" of each other. Elk Two houses and two storage units were also searched, according to WTOL. Although most agents descended on the scene with pursed lips to execute a search warrant and sealed, the FBI said agents 14 News of the scene were from Evansville, Cleveland, Ohio, branch, but the IHOP raid all owned by "Tarek Elkafrawi, locally known as Elk Terry." Moose has seven IHOP, one in Evansville, Indiana, two in Toledo, Ohio, and four in Ohio, one in Holland, Lima, Findlay and Perrysburg.
news-tracker.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Ihop did just release a Caramel Apple Sensation. I would raid the place too if I could.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Absco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Interesting,

I always knew that pancakes would be the downfall of our society.

I hope they put them on the restricted weapons list so we never have to feel threatened again because of a death by pancake scenario.

And the WMD's (Waffles of Mass Dimension) need to be found and destroyed as well.

So glad the tax dollars are working and all is safe with the World.

Peace

edit on 20-9-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Terror in Toledo? FBI Raids IHOP in Apparent Terror Finance Investigation -- False Alarm? -- UPD: Maazen Kadir Target of Probe?
mypetjawa.mu.nu...

UPDATE: False alarm?

Patrick Lenow, director of corporate communications for DineEquity, parent company of IHOP and Applebee’s, said the company and franchise owner Terry Elks are cooperating.
“We have been told by authorities it does not involve terrorism,” he said.

So, maybe this is just an immigration raid?
UPDATE: Not so fast, maybe it wasn't the franchise owner who was being targeted. Maybe it was one of his managers ....

And since the raids were conducted in both Ohio and Indiana, then I'd guess it was the Area Manager who was the target. His name is Maazen Kadir.

And this update to the post linked above at WTOL says that Kadir's storage units were also raided.
mypetjawa.mu.nu...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Oh the jokes on this write themselves.. Late night shows will have material for a few days at least. They'll slap you silly with pancakes then drown you in syrup. Those IHOP terrorists show no mercy at all I tell you!

Seriously though....It sounds like the stores were just a secondary thing to a bigger issue with the owner. The story behind this with DHS AND IRS going through the door together ought to be priceless when it becomes public. IRS? Hey.... Now we know what that order for riot shotguns early last year was about, huh? I guess they are going in with the door kickers these days. Times are a changing.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
i think you guys are on to something. tomorrow we'll see raids of video game shops. are there head shops in ohio? those are full of WMDs.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
dhs is going to piggy-back every little incident with other agemcies just to get their name out there..it gets the populous use to seeing the letters "DHS" since they plan on being everywhere in the future.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
A local news broadcast talking about the raids.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I guess we can only speculate at this point. What were those owners up to? I can think of many things but I guess we will have to wait to find out.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I consider it my duty as a good American citizen to do what I can in the IHOP investigation.

Tomorrow morning I will go visit our local IHOP and look for hidden signs and devices while I'm waiting on my order of pancakes.

Wonder how many other chain restaurants are on the IRS and DHS list?

I'll have to just have salad as I invisitgate other establishments or I could get fat(er).

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

thanks, dizzie. it's good to know americans are willing to do their part to help keep us safe.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Illegal immigrants working there (for cheap) and money laundering is imo what is going on.

IHOP might not hop much longer.

They better hope this is just a localized thing.

top topics

join