It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money......Oh how I DESPISE you.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well fellow ATSers I'm kinda fed up with the whole dependency on money. I'm beginning to lose things important to me because of money. Right now, money is the main villain in this story called life. It was never anybody's friend to begin with and it's sole purpose in life is to divide us. IMO because of this evil piece of paper we think we can't live without it, we can't get a home without it, etc. Why should something like this dictate our lives? I know life has more meaning to it than to see who can collect the most useless piece of paper before you die. If anything, money is a distraction and it sure is working. Well I wanted to rant alittle about my hatred towards money.

BTW, if I'm in the wrong thread I do apologize.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'm leery of having a Hate relationship with money since HATE=hurt+love. If we didn't give up so much of our lives to money, it couldn't hurt us.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
money is not the problem just the users are

filled with ignorance greed and constant excuses when there should be some self responsiblity

is the problem .

The people shape our world and mold it to the condition they want while they sit in there comfy chairs...

the money didn't put them there we did !! and we let them stay ! and kick us in the rear end and make us chase there money

you don't blame the fork for the fatties ?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

While I admit you have a point in your opinion, I'm still inclined to stick with my statement. I believe money is still corrupt no matter what is done with it. Just saying.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Right now, money is the main villain in this story called life.

You can say that again ..

Money is EVIL !!! everyone thinks they have to get more and more and more of it..
everyone wants your money !
If you get a ticket, they want money but its called punishment, ..
BUT , Where does is say on that bill "accepted for all forms of punishment"

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I think CREDIT is the real enemy. No cash, no purchase, I do not have any debt... no credit cards no car payments. NO CREDIT!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Money is simply a means of equating the value of goods to be exchanged. How does it differ from bartering at a bazaar 2,000 years ago?

The problem is the commercialization of society and the psychology of selling in our society that stipulates instant gratification and worth throw material goods.

You need too look at society and the shallow pursuits they crave for satisfaction--which is goods, material wealth, and having everything right now...without any sort of sacrifice or savings. That, my friend, is the problem.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

You need too look at society and the shallow pursuits they crave for satisfaction--which is goods, material wealth, and having everything right now...without any sort of sacrifice or savings. That, my friend, is the problem.

I really don't think society really wants all the material stuff. Most of us just want a decent place where we can call home, a safe neighborhood to raise our children, and a community that cares about each other.

Some have that, and many don't.

Many have much more than they'll ever need, and continue to want more, and plot for more, with little care or concern for the average person , that just wants a decent life, and one for their children, where they are accepted and loved by their community.

We are made to believe we will be accepted more..with the fancy car, and beautiful big homes...and some buy into that facade and some don't...and some learn along the way, that it never really made them truly happy.

Op..I hear you..and understand. Every little service, and the basics of life seem to be getting more and more costly, making it very difficult for many to even think about sacrificing and saving.

hell..even dying costs too damn much money.

top topics

join