It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will i do when the American Revolution begins?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I was reading the thread about "violent arrests at occupy wall street" when i thought of something.

If an american revolution does begin, and the People use violence to dethrone our government, and it becomes an ongoing thing, not just one guy shooting a cop or something, but violent pretests of everyone going ape-poop on every police officer or military member in sight, how many leo and military members would actually fire into crowds of american citizens. If 100,000 people were violently storming the streets of NY or LA, would that one fighter pilot be able to drop a bomb on american people. Personally i think LEO would be quiting their jobs left and right, and the military thats being ordered to fight the People would be AWOL in a heart beat.

The reason i phrased the title as such is because i am in the military and i'm pretty positive what i would do, i'm just not going to say it to avoid any possible trouble in the present times.

I just would like to hear your opinions on if you think that TPTB would even be able to fight us due to enforcement type personnel quiting...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Do what every other American is planning on doing, watch it on your flatscreen HD TV.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The only way to change is to fight for what you believe in. Americans have to fight fire with fire on this one.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
And the shot heard 'round the world
Was the start of the Revolution.
The Minute Men were ready, on the move.
Take your powder, and take your gun.
Report to General Washington.
Hurry men, there's not an hour to lose! www.schoolhouserock.tv...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The only revolution that will take place will be in the voting booth. Obama is a one term POTUS!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Why would there even be a need for bloodshed? By simply closing bank accounts and taking out your cash you can do your part. In other words stop feeding the system that is killing you and just ignore it and try and become independent on your own. Grow your own food etc. But the fact is people have been conditioned to the point of laziness and that is where the main problem is.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
We need some way to identify each other. Uniform, color, badge, secret handshake. I would want any of us to fall prey to "friendly fire."

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Growing your own food is soon to be outlawed.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
Why would there even be a need for bloodshed? By simply closing bank accounts and taking out your cash you can do your part. In other words stop feeding the system that is killing you and just ignore it and try and become independent on your own. Grow your own food etc. But the fact is people have been conditioned to the point of laziness and that is where the main problem is.

Well said. Everyone should all at once go and draw you money out of the banks accept nothing but cash. We'll close the banks down like it was 29 again.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Just let me get my money out before everyone else, so I can turn it into something of value...before the bank runs put the final nail in the coffin of our currency.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Revolution.. ? You mean like in the game homefront.. sorry i am media brainwashed ..duh!!!!!..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
it could actually happen soon, in which case..might as well go all in too.
edit on 20-9-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I've talked to my brothers about the same thing. They are in the military as well. They feel there is going to be a revolution in this country too. And their take on it, is that their Family comes first and that it is their duty to protect the American people from tyranny and they know what they have to do.

If there ever is a violent revolution there are going to be those that head for the hills and those that will run in guns a blazing. Watching it unfold on tv is another option. Until the Gov comes in and takes you from your house.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I for one would like to see any type of strategic, well thought, and realistic plans for a modern American revolution. I ask this because I simply believe that it is wholly improbable and impossible once you take a good hard look at America in general and it's citizens.

The American revolution occurred when people were largely autonomous, they were self sufficient individuals who could live off the land and faced an enemy who was essentially on near equal technological footing and who faced the logistics nightmare of trans Atlantic supply.

The American revolution would never had been a success without french intervention and support and it worked because the french were on par with the capabilities of the British.

Today we have a nation of consumers and entertainment addicts who would perish within days of not having easy access to life's staples. We exist in a state of total information control where the vast majority of the populace are content with being fed disinformation and to threaten the status quo would make an immediate enemy of any revolutionary.

Today we have long standing contractual relationships with mercenaries who would have absolutely no qualms with killing any dissenter, it doesn't matter if your brown or white or a woman or child when they do it for a paycheck. We have nothing short of a total technological disparity that cannot be overcome.

The first militia group to make contact with a superior trained, armed, and supplied force will be met with annihilation. 100,000 people can riot and pillage but they will disperse when 100 rounds are fired. Any form of command and control would be severely hindered and have a hellfire dispatched from a predator on it the minute they try to use any form of modern communication.

It's just not going to happen.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

people please have a look at this
www.abovetopsecret.com...
it is a revolution plan that tries to account for everyones views in this issue
change is possible
lets unite
edit on 20-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by iSHRED

fight fire with fire people

Like you light people on fire and then fight with them? like they were flaming swords? Why not just set some swords on fire?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by iSHRED

fight fire with fire people

Like you light people on fire and then fight with them? like they were flaming swords? Why not just set some swords on fire?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bftroop

I don't remember where I read this because it has been a few years ago, but I remember the article saying that they would not take the chance on our soldiers firing upon our citizens. Most of our military would not fire upon American people. It said that in the case that needed to be that they would use foreign troops to kill us, if necessary. I wish I could remember where I read that.
Scary thought.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

You will do nothing because there won't be a revolution. Americans are cows now, can you say "moo"? Or should i say "baaaaaaaa"?

No i'm not trolling, i'm just tired of hearing the word "revolution" because its a crock of sh*t.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

I suspect they will pull out their crowd control weapons like that sonic thing the can emit a wavelength to make you sick, confused, and even defecate in your drawers. Between their nasty weaponry and a bunch of trigger-happy guys who think it's a video game, I don't imagine a straight-up confrontation would be the way to go. I know some military (and I have children in the military as well as other family members) would not fire on Americans, but others would if ordered to, especially if they were told some lie about why they had to do it.

I would imagine that guerilla-type tactics and eschewing modern technology would be the way to win this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join