It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Sheeple"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
OK, how many posters, across every board, use the term “sheeple”? Hundreds? Thousands?

We all understand; you want to show your disdain for the people that follow along a path of thought contrary to yours. It matters not that the people may actually think their personal opinion through, and make sure they are VERY informed on the subject and are in no way just following some outspoken person blindly – they don’t follow your own “proven” opinion, so they MUST be “sheep”.

Because of this, the label has become completely impotent. Yes, it is great shorthand for your opinion that those that disagree with you are somehow uneducated or don’t want to know the so-called “truth”, but it has become a word that has no value; thrown about when somebody just plain disagrees.

I don’t know what to do about it; on most sites, and especially this one, you must take each and every statement with a grain of salt. But, the “sheeple” thing has come to sound just plain lazy and a throw-away altogether. Again, this site tends to draw folks with a passion for their own (sometimes – no, strike that – almost always) nutty ideas, but that does not mean that most have not spent time trying to prove that stance, or bend facts to meet their goals. That is a bit crazy, but is definitely NOT people following blindly ( as in sheep).

Maybe we should try to present an argument that supports our opinion that ALL people are blind followers?

Until then, can we limit the "sheeple" bit? It is just plain lazy...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I have only one answer for you shown in a youtube vid.

And now Hands up in the Air..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
double post
edit on 20-9-2011 by Bartender because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sokpuppet

I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds the term "sheeple" ignorant and small minded. Any post that I find that word in goes directly to the mental trash bin.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

All right there Captian Context. I'll be sure to utilize the term "sheeple" properly in my next post.

edit on 20-9-2011 by redzareptile because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Sheep people?

What about goat boy?

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I think you are probably right for the most part.

I'm not so sure that the vast majority of the population come to their own decisions/conclusions on a lot of matters though and are indeed just followers. That is not meant to sound derogatory, the world needs both followers and leaders.
Also I believe that if there was more leaders than followers the world would be even more hate filled and segregated than it already is, we need those sheeple... Conformity!

edit on 21/9/2011 by Tachalka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottsranzee
Sheep people?

What about goat boy?

youtu.be...

Nooooo.... You need to watch Laddergoat

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I don't believe in sheeple anymore
everyone is a part of some flock