It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq's (Mis)Information Minister?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf - Iraqi Information Minister
Is there any truth to what this guy says or are just that misinformed? He has said that Iraq is winning and the coalition is stuck like a pig in the desert, said we were 100 miles from Baghdad when all other reports said 5 miles, denies that we have taken the airport, and now says we aren't in Baghdad. I assume he is trying to keep up Iraqi morale and the last thing I heard him say was that he was threatening unconventional attacks. What might he be speaking of???

Sahaf: Iraq still controls airport - Link

Iraq information minister promises 'unconventional' attack - Link

Iraq Denies Reports of Coalition Entering Baghdad - Link

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hahahahaha

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I've also been amazed at how deluded the information minister�s reports have been. He really looks like a fool because numerous news agencies report just the opposite and back that up with video evidence.

Whether he's being fed mis-information himself or simply being Saddam's puppet by propagating false reports to bolster the morale of the Iraqi people is still open to speculation.

He�s on the BBC right now and my amazement continues as he claims that Iraqi troops are pushing coalition troops back. Maybe he�s in a parallel universe called Saddamville - who knows?

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 05:32 AM
link   
In an apparent show of defiance, Iraq's Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf stood in the streets of Baghdad Monday morning amid a U.S. raid on the capital, issuing denials of coalition advances.

Sahaf said American troops were beginning to "commit suicide on the walls of Baghdad.

"The soldiers of Saddam Hussein have given them a lesson they will never forget," he said.

"We will in fact encourage them to commit more suicides. We have given them death and poison.

Suicides - what suicides????

Quoting Homer Simpson: Doh!

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The only "unconventional" tactic I've see is them allowing tanks to freely roll through Baghdad...

"The Americans aren't within 100 miles of Baghdad"

the very next day.....

"The Americans surrounding Baghdad are just an isolated island"

Make up your mind! Geez!

new topics

top topics

join