It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hydrogen Peroxide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATSers. I wanted to talk about the claimed benefits of consuming Hydrogen Peroxide. Now I know that you can mix Hydrogen Peroxide with something else to supposidely make a toothpaste-like substance, but I'm not willing to go as far as consuming it until I know for sure. For all the doctors or medical professionals here is it TRULY ok to consume Hydrogen Peroxide? If so, what are its benefits?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Good Question

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to ingest hydrogen peroxide. It's safe to put on wounds...but I wouldn't put it anywhere near your mouth.

Regulations vary, but low concentrations, such as 3%, are widely available and legal to buy for medical use. Most over-the-counter peroxide solutions are not suitable for ingestion. Higher concentrations may be considered hazardous and are typically accompanied by a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). In high concentrations, hydrogen peroxide is an aggressive oxidizer and will corrode many materials, including human skin. In the presence of a reducing agent, high concentrations of H2O2 will react violently.

wikipedia

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
once i had a planter wart on my foot and used the 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide to inject it with a needle and it got rid of it. You have to be really careful though because if if gets on your regular skin it will burn it.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm sure you can find plenty of information about Hydrogen peroxide on science websites and in the encyclopedia.
Much more reliable than any information you could find on a conspiracy website.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hydrogen Peroxide (the brown bottle from the drugstore) is my home cure for sore/strep throat. I got my sore throat two days ago, it progressively got worse. I gargled with the peroxide two or three times, letting it get deep enough to touch my tonsils but not swallowing it. Rinsed and gargled with water. (Do not SWALLOW it. I have swallowed a bit by accident before but I was fine, still don't swallow) I did that twice a day for two days and now I am cured! Also if you get those strep spots on your tonsils, you can dip a q tip in peroxide and if you don't have a bad gag reflex, brush the spot with it. When you get the spot of, your sore throat will heal up quicker.
I use it to clean out shallow/medium cuts, it does not burn like alcohol when it touches a wound. It is a great wound cleanser. I also put a cap full in my ears from time to time and let it soak for a bit to keep ear infections away. That was my mothers main use for it.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I wouldn't put it anywhere near your mouth.

Says right on the bottle that you can swish it around in your mouth as a debriding agent.

And hydrogen peroxide is a VERY common ingredient in many of today's toothpastes. That's what causes all the foamy bubbles...

There are even some people that get 90 minute, INTRAVEINOUS
hydrogen peroxide injections...
www.silvermedicine.org...
but this practice is heavily questionable, and has famously killed people in the past...
www.quackwatch.org...

I wouldn't advise chugging a bottle of peroxide, but a capfull will not hurt you. In fact, some people do just that to induce vomiting (to yack up much worse stuff).
www.bichonfriseusa.com...
www.drugs-forum.com...

Do as you will...
edit on 20-9-2011 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by KySc5

Personally I would never do it as there are far better (and safer) alternatives for the purported benefits. Also drugstore hydrogen peroxide is not the same as food grade hydrogen peroxide which is more dangerous and corrosive in undiluted form. To me worrying about diluting food grade peroxide to have it not burn your insides or kill you is just way too risky. I'm all for alternative remedies, but using peroxide internally is not something that I'd put on the list. Besides the potential to burn or kill yourself, if one took a safely diluted amount I can imagine they'd probably be throwing their gut out of balance by killing off the beneficial bacteria too.

link   
35% food grade peroxide. Using a small dropper, start with 6 drops in a 8oz glass of distilled water and drink. Work your way up to 25 drops slowly over a period of 6-8 weeks. I've done it. Still here. Note that if you do this regularly, after awhile you will notice some weakness. It will go away. Also note that up to 25 drops is not for everyone. You need to gauge your own reaction and modify.

Also note: I am NOT telling you to do it yourself. If you do, the risk IS YOURS.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
As you research it don't be fooled by the "Food Grade" scam surrounding the myth about drinking it. Food grade applies to the container, not the product it contains.

I know a person who tried it and he hit me with all the myths, so I checked into it. Not long after he started drinking some in water daily, he started having issues with Liver function that he never had before. He's still trying to find out if he did it to himself. He falls for all that stuff and sooner or later he will do harm I'm sure. I did get him to stop trying to get everyone else to drink poison until he finds out if it caused his Liver troubles.

They charge you markups of thousands of percent to sell you the food grade stuff, not telling you it only means its stored in a sterile container. That part at least is a total scam.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the info guys! I guess I should point out another reason why I started the thread. I was a bit curious due to how many things in our lives turned out to be lies. I was kinda wondering if Hydrogen Peroxide was one of those "suppressed" cures that can do more than what most people believe. Lol.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You can ingest hydrogen peroxide but it has to be done CORRECTLY. There are a lot of benefits from doing so as it kills "mould" and bacteria in the body by blasting your body with pure oxygen. Hydrogen peroxide can cure many life threatening diseases. The only way to ingest hydrogen peroxide is to purchase FOOD GRADE peroxide then dilute it correctly down to 3% accordingly. First I would try diluting it down to 3% then adding it into bath water to soak in. Our cells are protected with a coating to stop them from rotting from oxygen (like and apple goes brown after being cut open and exposed to oxygen). Bacteria in our bodies do not have this special coating and are killed immediately upon exposure to this hydrogen. We all already ingest food grade peroxide as it is often used on the inside of milk/juice cartons (among other things) to protect packaged produce from bacteria.

There are many sites on the web that can help you with researching this and food grade hydrogen peroxide can be purchased on the net also.

Hydrogen Peroxide

Natural & Effective Anti-viral, Anti-bacterial & Anti-fungal

The following was written by Becky R. of Indiana (a doctor's wife);
"I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain little ol' bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store.

My husband has been in the medical field for over 36 years, and most doctors don't tell you about peroxide, or they would lose millions of dollars.

Hydrogen Peroxide is described as an effective anti-viral, antibacterial, and anti-fungal, and can be used for anthrax decontamination. This sort of supports the effectiveness of hydrogen peroxide, don't you think?

Also: your body makes hydrogen peroxide to fight infection which must be present for our immune system to function correctly. White blood cells are known as Leukocytes. A sub-class of Leukocytes called Neutrophils produce hydrogen peroxide as the first line of defense against toxins, parasites, bacteria, viruses and yeast.

Simply put, it is the oxygenation of the body. Sickness and tumors are generally oxygen-hating growths which thrive in oxygen-poor bodies.

Throughout the world hydrogen peroxide is used instead of chlorine as a safer and eco-friendly municipal water purifier. Some use H2O2 in pools and spas.

Dr. Edward C. Rosenow, author of 450 published medical papers and associate at the Mayo Clinic for over 60 years . . .proved [more than] 70 years ago (1914) that bacteria could be found consistently in the lymph nodes that drain joints (J.A.M.A., April 11, 1914).

He was probably the first scientist to postulate that H2O2 would help arthritis because of its ability to supply oxygen to oxygen-hating organisms causing arthritis (Streptococcus viridans)."

Hydrogen peroxide in the ears for the flu and colds?
Although it would appear to contradict what we are taught about the flu and colds, many people have tried hydrogen peroxyde in the ears with great success. Hydrogen peroxide works quite well and is supposed to be effective about 4 times out of 5, especially if done when the symptoms first appear.

In 1928, Dr. Richard Simmons, hypothesized that colds and flu virus enter our bodies through the ear canal. It was Dr. Simmons' hypothesis that, contrary to what we have been taught, we usually can catch the two via the ear canal and not through the eyes or nose or mouth as most of us believe. Dr. Simmons' findings were dismissed by the medical community.

According to Dr. Simmons, keeping your fingers out of our ears will greatly reduce our chances of catching colds and the flu, but we need to keep in mind that these 2 are microscopic and can be air-born and may land on/in our ears. Once these microscopic bodies have entered the inner-ear, they then begin to breed, and from there they have access to every avenue throughout our bodies to travel, and infect and make us sick.

Remarkable results can be achieved in curing colds and the flu within 12-14 hours when we administer a few drops of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) into each ear. The H2O2 starts working within 2-3 minutes in killing the cold or flu. There will be some bubbling and in some cases mild stinging might occur. I do this myself and I can assure you that it is not painful in any way. It tickles more than anything.

Wait until the bubbling subsides - usually a few minutes - then drain onto a tissue and repeat with the other ear.

Although this practice is perfectly safe for infants and children to use, the loud bubbling and stinging may frighten them, and they will need someone they trust to put the hydrogen peroxide in their ears. DO NOT get hydrogen peroxide in the eyes - if you do, flush with water.

References:

(1) Science News August 8, 1998; Vol. 154, Issue. 6; pg. 83-85

reply to post by KySc5

edit on 20/9/11 by Australiana because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I wouldn't try drinking the stuff you buy in the brown bottle at Walgreen's.

If you want to experiment with peroxide, go to a health food store or look for food grade peroxide online.

I've tried it as a blood oxygen enhancer. It was mixed with fruit juice.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KySc5

Hey friend - like the LONG post immediately above mine says, hydrogen peroxide kills all sorts of stuff.

WARNING - YOU ARE FULL OF BENEFICIAL AND NECESSARY MICROBES.

As such, I would personally recommend against any actual consumption, unless you put a LOT more research into it first (beyond ATS) to ensure your safety and understand the risks.

Having said that, yes, it's definitely fine to mix with baking soda and use as a toothpaste. After I finish my last tube of Tom's of Maine toothpaste, I'll be going back to this as it's very effective and dirt-cheap with 3% store bought - if you ever try this, just be sure to use a small amount of peroxide to make a paste with the baking soda - I mixed mine a little too runny one time and burned my gums for a couple of days. Not terrible, but not fun.

Be safe out there.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
You see how the "Food Grade" part is always pushed? Most pushing it don't even know what it means. They don't know its to cover selling you pennies worth of a product for many dollars by tricking you into thinking it's something special. Beware where you use your credit card.

I half suspect those pushing the Food Grade stuff are actually schilling for a website, but then I'm on ATS so I think that way.

I'd say ask your personal Physician, meaning a person with the proper education and credentials to dispense medical advice. Even that is not enough as you need to talk to one you trust, not involved in the sale of any product like "Food Grade" stuff or somebody who got tricked and now can't admit they got took. Don't forget that placebo's work either.

The Internet is full of wanna be MD's dispensing medical advice of all kinds. They don't actually care if their advice hurts you or not since they seldom ever look to valid research to back up their claims. They just Parrot the person who tricked them into buying something.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I will. Your advice is much appreciated.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
When my dog ate a bag of Hershey kisses, the vet had me pour a 1/4 cup down her throat. 30 seconds later she started making that weird whoomp whoomp sound and promptly threw up a foamy brown mess full of tin foil and little strips of paper.

Luckily, it was on my wife's side of the bed.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It should also be known that hydrogen peroxide should NEVER be used to cleanse wounds such as scrapes and small injuries which are superficial. This is due to the human skin having a large supply of staph bacteria on the skin....and staph needs Oxygen to thrive....the bubbles in peroxide are due to Oxygen.

It it meant to be used to cleanse deeper wounds, to keep bacteria from growing inside the wound.

This is probably the only thing I remember from Microbiology class!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Could you train my Wife's Cats to stop throwing up in the hall on the path to the bathroom? It's just no damn fun in bare feet at 3 AM with the light out and I have to pee. I can hear the Cats laughing at me leering from their dark corners.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Do not ever drink peroxide, it will make you puke/crap uncontrollably.

Does anyone remember when Mancow did it?

You can mix baking soda and peroxide to brush your teeth-my father-inlaw does it every single day.

All in all peroxide, baking soda, and vinegar are very powerful and natural healers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join