It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solyndra Chief Won’t Answer U.S. House Queries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Solyndra LLC Chief Executive Officer Brian Harrison will decline to answer questions this week at the House Energy and Commerce Committee’s investigation hearing into the failure of the solar-panel manufacturer.

“Mr. Harrison intends to invoke his Fifth Amendment rights in response to any questions asked by this subcommittee and will not provide testimony,” Walter Brown, a lawyer at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP in San Francisco representing Harrison, wrote today to the investigations panel.

The letter, obtained today, cited the Sept. 8 FBI raid on Solyndra’s Fremont, California, offices and a Justice Department investigation into the company, which got about $527 million in U.S. loan guarantees from President Barack Obama’s administration. The company sought bankruptcy protection two days before the raid by Federal Bureau of Investigation agents.

Pretty convenient if you ask me. Probably does not want to incriminate himself or any of the people involved in getting his company the loans. I am just wondering how long he will be able to hide behind the Fifth Amendment? I think if he had nothing to hide he should have no issues talking to the committee, but instead by doing this he is just making the whole situation look that much more suspicious.

Source

I also like this little snippet from his attorney:

Jan Nielsen Little, an attorney at Keker & Van Nest LLP in San Francisco representing Stover, said in a letter, “it would be irresponsible for anyone in his position” to testify before the House committee given the federal investigation.

Wonder what would be so irresponsible about stating his case if there was nothing wrong with the situation?

*Mods I put this in this section because the story has direct political ties to Obama.*
edit on 9/20/2011 by SpaDe_ because: add info

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Nothing says "guilty" like zipping your lips...LOL

It has to tie in with information the FBI found during the raid of their corporate offices.

This is NOT going to just go away....much to the current administrations chagrin.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

It has to tie in with information the FBI found during the raid of their corporate offices.

This is NOT going to just go away....much to the current administrations chagrin.

I agree this one isn't just going to go away. It has too many eyes on it now to just die. I think that by the time this is all said and done we will see some resignations at the very least.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

I would like to see some incarcerations on this bad boy deal...and some resignations as you said. With that amount of moola flung to the wind, some heavy chunks, I'm sure, landed in a few private pockets. I want to see the "real" connect the dots happen, not some placate the masses child's' game.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Heck... Why should he cooperate? We have a Justice Department bought and paid for. They won't touch a friend of the Administration. We have a President who'd probably pardon anyone he likes if they DID get into a serious bind and a Congress that Obama will take off at the Knees if they get too spunky about looking into his corruption and criminal conduct from the White House...

...and people thought we had problems under Nixon. That man was the very example of propriety by comparison. I suppose this is life under deep, institutional corruption running from the Office of the President right on down. Trickle down, indeed.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Honestly, I wouldn't voluntarily offer up information to congress (or any cop, court, etc.) either, regardless of guilt or innocence. If they want me to talk, then gather sufficient evidence to subpoena me, let me get an attorney and we will go from there.

To me, saying "Nothing says "guilty" like zipping your lips" is equivalent to saying "Nothing says guilty like being against wire tapping "...or "Nothing says guilty like being opposed to video surveillance"...or "Nothing says guilty like being opposed to searches without a warrant"...etc...

I'm not saying that Solyndra does not have anything to hide. I'm only suggesting that their constitutional rights are just as precious as those of anyone else.

To drive my point home, I'm saying that silence does not suggest guilt; rather, it is an indication that someone knows their rights and the proper procedure that should be followed.

My 2-cents
edit on 20-9-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Here's a case where "special rendition" might actually do some good. They might want to waterboard him, since it is supposedly not torture. And if that doesn't work, take him out in the back hills of West Virginia, tie him to a tree and wait for someone to come by and say "You got a pretty mouth boy, I gonna make you squeal like a pig."

Seriously, if criminal intent and activity were involved between Solyndra and the WH, heads should roll (legally of course).

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
i think the whitehouse is the criminal here

they picked a chump set them up and push them to be profitable and make something of it.

they knew the tech wasnt ready but had no say in the matter i think solyndra was damned if they did and damned if they didnt,

the whitehouse picked a loser on purpose ponder that i am looking at solyndra as a patsy of the government at the moment

only time and further research will tell if thats accurate or not

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
"Solyndra Chief Won’t Answer U.S. House Queries"

Translation:

"Solyndra Chief Doesn't Want to be Found Face Down in a Ditch"

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus
"Solyndra Chief Won’t Answer U.S. House Queries"

Translation:

"Solyndra Chief Doesn't Want to be Found Face Down in a Ditch"

Now the White House has been subpoenaed by the House of Representatives.

What did they know and when did they know it?

Illegalities are beginning to surround Obama.

They may have to bring in Hillary in January 2012.
edit on 3-11-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Oblabla will claim "Executive Privilege" to anything that really ties him or Biden, to the poo covered shoe. He thinks he's above personal scrutiny.

IMO, he is a classic Sociopath. No empathy, no accountability, because he never thinks he is wrong, in any decision he makes. Anyone who questions his actions, is a mere fly to be swatted away with disdain.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Why on God's Green Earth would anyone get in front of a congressional hearing or house hearing or any other kind of hearing, after receiving oodles of cash from the government, and say anything besides pleading the 5th?

Anyone and everyone who latched on to the government teat in the last four years . .. and the years before that . . . have never been held accountable for anything they received.

It would set one hell of a precedent if they were forced to, now wouldn't it. For the government, it really shouldn't be a Constitution of convenience!!!

But it is.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I find interesting how these execs can so easily hide behind the Constitution but regular people get their Bill of Rights protections trampled all the time.

Oh well I can't wait for the results of that Congressional subpoena on the White House, Obama better hope he can use a teleprompter at a hearing.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
And it looks like the execs aren't the only ones that don't want to talk.

WH rejects subpoena request for Solyndra docs

"I can only conclude that your decision to issue a subpoena, authorized by a party-line vote, was driven more by partisan politics than a legitimate effort to conduct a responsible investigation," Obama's counsel, Kathryn Ruemmler, wrote in a letter to the top Republicans on the House Energy and Commerce committee.

It looks like Obama doesn't have to talk either. Our Dear Leader really is above the law.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus
And it looks like the execs aren't the only ones that don't want to talk.

WH rejects subpoena request for Solyndra docs

"I can only conclude that your decision to issue a subpoena, authorized by a party-line vote, was driven more by partisan politics than a legitimate effort to conduct a responsible investigation," Obama's counsel, Kathryn Ruemmler, wrote in a letter to the top Republicans on the House Energy and Commerce committee.

It looks like Obama doesn't have to talk either. Our Dear Leader really is above the law.

It's just a delaying tactic. There are a lot of them.

We actually already know what happened at Solyndra.
Team Obama threw money around all over the place. - Crony capitalism -
It's not our money. Who cares???

The big problem is that there is a glaring illegality with the Solyndra scandal.
The U.S taxpayers were put at the back of the line in case of a financial failure.

There are also glaring illegalities with the Fast & Furious scandal.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Obama believes he and his administration are above the law, and that everything that stands in his way like the debt, common sense, or even the law will just have to bend to his will.

new topics

top topics

join