It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency sirens going off at strange times, disaster comes but from what angle?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana
Could you please explain (for those of us that don't have siren tests) what these sirens are for? Are they hurricane, tornado or "terrorists" sirens? We don't have sirens like that in Adelaide. So these sirens are usually tested once a month normally? You could try asking your local council as to why this is happening as they may have installed faulty new software/hardware or something possibly?

Emergency sirens are just what the name states, when theres an emergency like a natural disaster about to hapen like tornadoes or floods etc. they go off, but none of that has happened and there havent been any fires in town, theyre just going off at random times sometimes several times a week at od dhours. Once day last week they went off at 3 AM for n oapparent reason. The sirens were originally instituted During the 50's and 60's because of threat of nuclear attack in the cold war.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Have you tried calling the fire station (or wherever the siren is located) and asking them why this is happening? You may not get the truth, but it would be interesting to hear what they say....

Yeah, i asked, they didnt say there was a fire, just that they didn't know why they were going off.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma419
this is my first reply/post/response, so please bare with me

I live in Ohio and we have always had weekly test here at noon (12:00am), Wednesday until about a year ago when they switched the day to Fridays. But here recently I have noticed the tornado sirens have gone off at weird times on random days. ( and no there wasn't tornado, I checked TV & weather) where do you live OP, if i may ask...?

I live in rural arkansas.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The past month i have noticed the sirens going off at all times .. noon to even 6pm . seemed like every other day i would hear it . And all the days the weather was fine . Who knows . If it's my time to go .. so be it .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join