It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency sirens going off at strange times, disaster comes but from what angle?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Something strange is happening in my town and it just started recently. The emergency sirens have been going off at odd hours and at random times on different days other than the normally scheduled time at 12:00 noon on wednesdays. Everyone i've talked to doesn't know why its happening and they have never seen this happen when the weather was fair and there were no chances of tornadoes other than the appointed time on wednesdays.

There was a post on here earlier i saw that meantioned that NASA was warning it's employees that a major disaster was coming and to stock up on survival supplies and food. I dunno if that has anything to do with it or if the U.S. is going to be dragged into a war with Turkey and Egypt over Israel's shenanigans. Lately the entire world has slipped through the gates of Hell and everyone feels like something is afoot even if they can't put their finger on what it is. Christians speak of the Tribulation beginning, the MSM hints at a possible WW3, gearing up over the junk going on in the middle east with Israel and Turkey. The world's economy is in the toilet and the Euro is due to imminentaly fail. China igniting it's economical war by withdrawing its backing to the EU.

All of that ontop of the strange weather patterns, earthquakes, the ring of fire is gearing up it activity which probably means Mt. St. Helens will probably erupt and increasing rumors that the Yellowstone caldera may be rising because of earthquakes in the region and the super eruption it will produce will pretty much screw anyone within 1500 mile diameter and possibly blanket out the sun and cause mass extinctions. Then there's these strange hurricanes that push into Canada which are unusual to say the least. We've seen the worst wildfires on record in Texas.

NASA and Stephen Hawking warn about aggressive alien invaders that may exist and looking to conquer us for resources and everyone looks up at the stars in fear of what may or may not be coming and Ronald Reagan even convened the U.N. in 1986 (i think that year) and tried to put together a defense plan for space invaders. Sometimes im starting to wonder if the planet earth has stepped off into the Twilight Zone. not to mention the fact we have a giant asteroid called Apophis thats on it's way to earth and everyone is afraid of the comet Elenin.

Strangley enough the U.S. government doesn't seem all that concerned about warning it's people. as it keeps us in the dark while these congressmen and the president go on their campaign trails and look pretty for the camera, i can't help but feel everyone in the world has a target painted on their backs. MSM does cover these events but they are not connecting the dots. Why are they still trying to play dumb with us? I think theyre going to play dumb right up until the end when its too late for us to try to do anything about it. What the hell is going on and why do the world's governments fail at connecting the dots? Are they purposely trying to snooker us and leave us in the cold with our breeches down?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

That is really weird. It's been happening in my town as well. They were going off late in the afternoon but only in our area and on Sunday.

I checked our page when they went off just to make sure:

The sirens have a silent test feature, which allows us to test them at anytime. They are tested silently every Wednesday at noon and a full test is conducted the first Friday of every month at noon.

Very odd!! My mom was freaked out. This has never happened in the 30 years that I can remember living in the area. Not to sound paranoid but it is very strange for sure.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Could you please explain (for those of us that don't have siren tests) what these sirens are for? Are they hurricane, tornado or "terrorists" sirens? We don't have sirens like that in Adelaide. So these sirens are usually tested once a month normally? You could try asking your local council as to why this is happening as they may have installed faulty new software/hardware or something possibly?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

Yes-they are used to alert the population to floods, wildfires, nuclear attack,etc.
If you watch some of the videos from Fukishima during the tsunami you can hear them in the background....

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Have you tried calling the fire station (or wherever the siren is located) and asking them why this is happening? You may not get the truth, but it would be interesting to hear what they say....

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
this is my first reply/post/response, so please bare with me

I live in Ohio and we have always had weekly test here at noon (12:00am), Wednesday until about a year ago when they switched the day to Fridays. But here recently I have noticed the tornado sirens have gone off at weird times on random days. ( and no there wasn't tornado, I checked TV & weather) where do you live OP, if i may ask...?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If something like that were happening in my area (in the US) I would assume it was being done on purpose. Get every one use to hearing it, then when it is "REAL" no one pays attention. Much like certain areas in the mid-west US that are use to hearing tornado sirens and eventually don't pay much attention to them.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I know that locally when we test our's its on the first Monday of each month, and has to be a clear weather day. Our local emergency management office is in charge of sounding them if necessary during any severe weather or other event as needed. I do know that on occasion a siren will randomly go off for a short duration of time due to some of them being older and the control boxes mounted on the poles acting up. Also, at one time we had a local guy who got a hold of the tones required to activate them and was using a service monitor at his home hooked to his outside ham radio antenna to trigger the sirens. He was eventually caught and dealt with. The city is currently in the process of upgrading the older sirens to newer style Whelen units since the ones that are acting up are quite old.

So, it's possible that maybe some local joker is doing it. However, there's also always the possibility that it is some form of "notice" for certain individuals. Hard to say really...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

I agree, most people around here, when they hear the siren they dont even worry about it. i remember over the summer my town had a siren going off for over an hour while we were eating at a restaurant, people still coming in as if nothing was going on. black and greenish clouds were even in the sky..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Nothing to worry about, The US is getting their Nation wide alert system up and running for November 9th.

EAS Emergency Alert System

www.gsnmagazine.com...
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Christians speak of the Tribulation beginning,

Read the bible. Pray to God for understanding.

35Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ

That is really weird. It's been happening in my town as well. They were going off late in the afternoon but only in our area and on Sunday.

I checked our page when they went off just to make sure:

The sirens have a silent test feature, which allows us to test them at anytime. They are tested silently every Wednesday at noon and a full test is conducted the first Friday of every month at noon.

Very odd!! My mom was freaked out. This has never happened in the 30 years that I can remember living in the area. Not to sound paranoid but it is very strange for sure.

what the hell i want silent mode here every monday 12:35 on the dot they do the siren test for the chemical plants X.x and the high pitched is just annoying specially when ur gf is on midnights...talk about cranky.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

You know, in Silent Hill, when the sirens went off, sh*t just got real..

Perhaps Pyramid Head is behind this?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Absco

LoL right, I loved that movie.. If I hear the siren, I'll make sure to duck for cover when he comes out.

*Haven't heard anything unusual here.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I thought this was very sad but related to the topic at hand, it has to do with the tornado in Joplin. Apparently it has to do with the people getting used to the sirens as well, and it ended in tragedy. Everyone knows that there are warnings for a reason, but when there are warnings for no apparent reason,it creates a "boy who cried wolf" situation.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Last evening to the far north of you our newscast featured a problematic oil refinery fire down your way and mentioned the toxic fumes. Does your town monitor for such fumes? That would be an important fact to learn, wouldn't it?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Get a grip.

Apocalypse/Elenin tripe is something to waste Zombie Sheeple's time and stop you finding the truth

There are disasters all the time. Look in the newspapers. However, there is not about to be a big one. The world is not about to end or be invaded.

There are some really worrying things happening in the world though. There are wars. There is a global economic crisis caused by the failing inherent in a capitalist world with nothing to protect the less powerful. There are millions with no home and little food....

What are you worried about?
edit on 20/9/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

Last evening to the far north of you our newscast featured a problematic oil refinery fire down your way and mentioned the toxic fumes. Does your town monitor for such fumes? That would be an important fact to learn, wouldn't it?

I didn't see anything about it. Where was this? Thanks.
Nothing in the news either.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I found one link. Not saying this is it, because the news network I had on has nothing about it on its site. So here's another

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

I found one link. Not saying this is it, because the news network I had on has nothing about it on its site. So here's another

I'm no where near it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join