It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fight For Jerusalem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
What is this significance of Jerusalem???

When David bought the Temple Mount from Ornan the Jebusite, the Rabbis say there was an already standing temple there to the "God of Heaven".

Earlier on in the Torah, Melekzedek blesses Abraham in the name of "El Elon" - the most high God.

Melekzedek, identified by the Jewish Rabbis with Shem, was priest of the most high God at his Temple at the Temple Mount.

This is quite an ancient tradition! Abraham lived circa 1700 BCE. David bought the site around 1000 BCE from a Jebusite priest, who was more then willing to donate the Temple to David.

Since the earliest of times, apparently, this site, mount Moriah, has been regarded as the 'root of creation'. The spot from which the "creation unfolds".

Infact, this is alluded to in the language of the book of Samuel. The site is called the 'goren' which means 'threshing floor'.

A threshing floor is a place where a raw product is 'threshed' and then 'winnowed'. It is other words alludes to the procession of reality, from the subtle spiritual worlds into concrete material existence.

Its said the temple structure built atop this spot will 'form' the energies as they come into the world. Similar to pressing cookie dough through a particular shape..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The entire field of creation is contained in microcosm at the site of the Temple Mount.

Hence, a structure built on the site can 'attune' the energies, through the law of sympathy, to a particular conception of reality.

The Muslims who built the dome of the rock, and i know this may come to a surprise, were actually from a Christian syrian sect. This being one of those things scholars would rather not discuss. That "Islam" developed as separate religion only in the 9th and 10th centuries.

The standard histories of Muhammad and the early development of Islam are based on Islamic literature that dates to the ninth and tenth centuries - some two centuries or more after the death of Muhammad in 632. Islamic literary sources do not exist for the seventh and eighth centuries, when, according to tradition, Muhammad and his immediate followers lived. All that is preserved from this time period are a few commemorative building inscriptions and assorted coins. Based on the premise that reliable history can only be written on the basis of sources that are contemporary with the events described, the contributors to this in-depth investigation present research that reveals the obscure origins of Islam in a completely new light. As the authors meticulously show, the name 'Muhammad' first appears on coins in Syria bearing Christian iconography. In this context the name is used as an honorific meaning 'revered' or 'praiseworthy' and can only refer to Jesus Christ, as Christianity was the predominant religion of the area at this time. This same reference exists in the building inscription of the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem, built by the caliph 'Abd al-Malik. The implication of these and other findings here presented is that the early Arab rulers adhered to a sect of Christianity. Indeed, evidence from the Koran, finalised at a much later time, shows that its central theological tenets were influenced by a pre-Nicean, Syrian Christianity. Linguistic analysis also indicates that Aramaic, the common language throughout the Near East for many centuries and the language of Syrian Christianity, significantly influenced the Arabic script and vocabulary used in the Koran. Finally, it was not until the end of the eighth and ninth centuries that Islam formed as a separate religion, and the Koran underwent a period of historical development of at least 200 years.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This unites the Christians and Muslims together; West and East, meeting up. Perhaps a clash between the two might be the aim? And the result will be a 'unified' religion? This is something the prototype 'messiah' frederick the II of Hohenstauffen apparently wanted back in the 12th century.

Anyways. The dome of the rock reflects a certain cosmic 'form', and this form is based on a particular perennial philosophy.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
From my studies the Temple Mount was the Annunaki control Center when they were here. Many say they will return, in those days they were seen and worshipped as Gods, and people have been anxiously awaiting their return. I think that one day a giant craft will descend, and land right on the "Rock" that was placed there for this purpose, and the craft will crush anything there to dust. But, that is just me, and my thoughts.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Interesting information there OP, but all it shows me is that religions can and do evolve. Primitive believers worshipped the god of sun and feared the god of thunder, practicing barbarism in there too for a while.

So for those of us who really don't understand the cause of the fight, I wonder if I'm the only one who wonders why a new temple could not be built on a different part of the temple acreage? From past articles, I understand that the property is huge and that there is disagreement about where the stone is supposed to be. (So is it a traditional idea that threatens to cause the blow up of the Middle East?) If built next to the dome of the rock, for instance, wouldn't that allow both religions to reside side by side?

I 'm not being sarcastic when I ask if a Messiah and Mahdi are awaited at the temple mount, wouldn't they be wise enough to know exactly where to go? So why is there a fight (as your title states)?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Maybe Jerusalem was the original spot where Adam was assembled. After his body was completed he was then settled in the garden, east of Eden. Eve was the only one described as being assembled in the garden of Eden.

Check for an energy-to-material replicating device under the dome of the rock.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

So for those of us who really don't understand the cause of the fight, I wonder if I'm the only one who wonders why a new temple could not be built on a different part of the temple acreage? From past articles, I understand that the property is huge and that there is disagreement about where the stone is supposed to be. (So is it a traditional idea that threatens to cause the blow up of the Middle East?) If built next to the dome of the rock, for instance, wouldn't that allow both religions to reside side by side?

The exact spot is where the dome of the Rock is built. Theres a REASON WHY the Muslims built it there. They arent stupid.

The dome of the Rock is more then just a "Mosque", but a microcosm of the universe.

I 'm not being sarcastic when I ask if a Messiah and Mahdi are awaited at the temple mount, wouldn't they be wise enough to know exactly where to go? So why is there a fight (as your title states)? signature: Forced Burmese Repatriation in 2012

I suppose i should have answered this in the original post.

There are two main ways the cosmos can work. In accord with the divine wisdom, or against the divine wisdom. The Dome of the Rock works to manipulate the divine name - יהוה - which Gnostics call the "demiurge". This name denotes the basic totallity of existence. Each letter alludes to a particular "world". The first letter is the first and most subtlest world, while the last letter is this physical world of action.

Manipulation of the name by building a structure on the Temple Mount must have been discovered long ago. What did the Romans build on the Temple mount after they destroyed it? A temple to Jupiter (which they equated with the "jewish God").

Since this name, which in Hebrew - the holy tongue - means 'being', all of existence is reckoned to occur within it. The temple mount is the point in physical existence, on this planet earth, where the spiritual touches the physical, and existence itself unfolds.

Think of it like the crown of your head. The temple mount in Jerusalem is the "crown" of creation.

To go deeply into it would be going into a very subtle realm of metaphysics. The physical world is a "symbol", the physical externalization of inner reality. As such, outer space is a symbol or image, in this 'dimension', of the formless void which precedes creation/consciousness.

The sky corresponds to a spiritual consciousness, wisdom and understanding, while the earth and its various phenomena correspond to a more emotional and instinctual level of being...

My point with all this? There IS a specific point on the earth where this world all unfolds. In the same way, we, the microcosm, come forth from the crown of our head (this is where the fetus first forms)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Interesting theory .....

i am going to have to look more into the facts , the outside quote regarding the Christianity /Islam connection
what is the source on that ?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Your topic reminded me of one I started a while ago,

Book by,Nicholas Wade,asks the question, Was Muhammad actually Jesus?

Mohammed was not a historical person but a concoction after the fact based on a misreading of slogans used by the Jewish/Christian sects that gave rise to Islam. His discussions of the inscriptions of the Dome of the Rock and the claim that Abd al-Malik and a radical interpretation of the ruler Abd al-Malik:

In defining a unitary creed for Arab Christianity, 'Abd al-Malik seems to have reached back to this early Syriac tradition of Jesus as a plain human prophet and used it to oppose the Trinitarian approach of Hellenistic Christianity. In the "Praise Jesus" motto he put on his coins and in his great building, the Dome of the Rock at Jerusalem, he referred to Jesus, the revisionists say, as the "messenger of God."

Thus in Arabic, 'Abd al-Malik's unifying motto about Jesus was rendered as muhammadun rasul allah -- 'The messenger of God is to be praised." Muhammadun is a gerundive, meaning "one who should be praised." rasul is "messenger" and allah is "God."

To anyone with a passing knowledge of Islam, this is a central phrase of the faith and has an entirely different meaning -- "Muhammad is the messenger of God."

What proof is there that 'Abd al-Malik meant rasul allah to refer to Jesus? The proof, say the revisionists, is unambiguous and is provided by the inscriptions that 'Abd al-Malik had written inside the Dome of the Rock, "Allahum salli ala rasulika wa 'abdika isa ibn maryam -- God bless your messenger and servant, Jesus son of Mary" states the text on the inner northwest-north face of the octogaonal arcade. The inner, east-southeast face includes the words, "Inma I-masih isa ibn maryam rasulu llah -- For the Messaiah Jesus, son of Mary, is the messenger of God."

ryviewpoint.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ShamilAbdullah

A Very interesting book

Link

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I actually think they are one and the same religion, at a 'metaphysical' level. But at a doctrinal level, of course there many differences

The octagon alludes to the sophia - the 8th principle which transcends the world of the "7". And the Dome alludes to the Pleroma,where the Christ or "messenger" - ascended up to Heaven.

This form of the Temple differs sharply with the Jewish temple.

So, the two modes are essentially the Jewish mode vs. the Gnostic mode.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
And heres an explanation of the architectural symbolism of the dome of the Rock

The structure itself is in the shape of an octagon.

The octagon - 8 - refers to Sophia, the world above the world of the "demiurge".

So, the temple mount itself is the place where creation unfolds; where the spiritual and physical realms interpenetrate one another and 'creation' essentially takes place.

The dome of the rock aligns reality with the 'transcendant' world of sophia. The golden dome is the Pleroma - pure spirit - which rests or is percieved by the logos of sophia.

Thats the basic gnostic symbolism.

This temple completely differs from Solomons Temple, the 2nd Jewish Temple, and the Temple predicted by Ezekiel, all of which are in the form of a Rectangle, along with the myriad symbolic aspects, plus the Cohanic/levitical service to God as he relates to man in this world; through the name יהוה‎.

The Torah - the book he gave to the Jews, is the 'instruction' by which the Jews are to live in the land of Israel and officiate Gods temple. This 'service' draws down the name of God, the transcendant source of all, to mankind.

The dome of the rock completely disregards what the Jews say about God. To these people. the God of the Jews is a "lesser God" a demiurge, who is infact obscuring the truth of the "real" God.

This God, is merciful and does not seek to impose on man any moral strictures. Instead, man should focus and learn to live in accord with the divine 'self', the al khadir of Islam, Christ of Christianity..

So you got two groups - one very big and powerful, one very small and detested, who seek to influence the unconscious realms of existence through the Temple Mount.

Both have different views of God.. Each temple affects a different reality. One which seeks to 'look beyond' the world; ie; this world will not change, while the other seeks to change this world through the influence of the highest realms of existence.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Yes, the fight for church.

top topics

join