It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detailed satellite photos show death camps North Korea still deny even exist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Just out of curiosity, how do we know that these images are what they are claimed to be?

The very idea that what is claimed is true makes me hurt severely. But we have been lied to so many times that I am just cynical as a default mindset.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
those damn morth koreans. makes you sick doesn't it.

makes you sick to your goddam stomach. those nasty north koreans that you just wanna hate for those horrible camps.

makes you so mad doesn't it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
and on another point. isn't great to see a story like this that shows how useful and good satellite monitoring can be. it just proves how lucky we are that there is satellites in space watching over everything we do.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

makes you sick to your goddam stomach. those nasty north koreans that you just wanna hate for those horrible camps.

Touche`!

"Human Rights" generally tends to be whatever we are dumb enough to believe it is. Of course , people tend to be incapable of independant thought, and rely on what they are told.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
Where is the proof that these are death camps? Or even detention camps?

Looking at them in Google Earth, they just look like farming communities. And they are spread out over a very large area. If you go and look them up right now, you will find similar clusters of buildings nearby. And several miles of crop land.

Sure, they could be forced labor camps. But again, what proof is there?

The "proof" is in the stories from refugees and survivors of thes camps.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05

Wow. It makes me sick to know these kind of things are happening and perpetrated by the government no less. Its a sad time we are living in. Is there anything that can be done to prevent this from happening?

Do the powers of the world turn an eye on these kinds of things? Is knowing these camps exist and that these deaths actually occur enough reason to start interfering with North Korea and its people?

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
I think U have something in your ALL SEEING EYES
... not to be a TRILATERALismer BUTT... Is not America the dream that was always the nightmare... until you/we/whoever woke up and rubbed the money sand out of your BIG EYES.... as in a book plug called 'AN ENORMOUS CRIME'
... HEY... pass the blame on the left hand side... thanX man... DAM that's goOd shhiERR-it

Mr X-ULTRA/FORBIDDEN-FRUIT-EATER... Just saying like James
... Can the Gods chosen Ones please return the Manna machine... We have starving lesser chosen people who need it

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

... Ditto that with an... As above so as Below = C

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Most of you are disturbed people.
The OP is about North Korean death camps and all the posts on here are about scouring the satellite images to make comparisons to fictional US death camps. Your energy is turned to damning the US for gross crimes against humanity that are real in N Korea and have nothing to do with the US and everything to do with evil dictatorships like the one in N Korea.

What a pathetic thread this turned out to be.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Just out of curiosity, how do we know that these images are what they are claimed to be?

The very idea that what is claimed is true makes me hurt severely. But we have been lied to so many times that I am just cynical as a default mindset.

There isn't enough detail. As far as I can tell they are buildings. Possibly a prison.

The article claims death camps but there is no real evidence of that.

With our satellite technology we have the capability to photograph or videotape a shooting in the street. Why can't we see any of that evidence?

Perhaps this has the chance to be taken totally out of context?

Just because it's North Korea, doesn't mean every accusation is always true. We need verification and substantiation. This could just be propaganda.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I understand your emotional response, I too find it disturbing. BUT, to suggest we have no Right or Authority to go into N. Korea because of someone dying defies all that this Nation was founded on and would cause more death in the long run. It is sad, but it is NOT AMERICA'S BUSINESS! We have our own Tyrants to deal with first me thinks!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Gator

a camp is a camp, be it death, rescue, refugee, etc etc.

That doesn't make them all death camps.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by p51mustang

And where would those be then??

Here's a list of all the Rex 84 "death camps" - perhaps you could look up any near you & see what's actually there?

Go and look at the actual site(s) as well - let us know what you find.

I've seen the one in Beech Grove Indiana in person. my roomate and I videoed the whole thing from the road. We drove passed it once and the second time we passed by a black Ford Taurus came out of nowhere and started following us. We didnt want to jump to conclusions that someone was 'tailing' us, so we did the normal "Check to see if someone is following you" procedure. We made 4 right turns and he was still right on our butt. We though okay this guy sure looks like he's following us, but we wanted alittle more proof. So I made a sudden lane change across 3 lanes of traffic at an intersection (the kind of manuver that would get you a reckless driving ticket) and he made the same moves. So I decided enough was enough. I turned right into the entrance of a neighbor hood, pulled out the 9mm that was between my seat and we waited for him to turn in behind us. When we turned around to see where he was, he just slowly drove passed the neighborhood and once he saw that we were stopped with the doors open he sped off.

But then you might say it was just some stupid kid messing with us. Well when he drove past we could see at the top of his licence plate it said "State". So this wasnt just some stupid kid, it was atleast someone that worked for the guberment.

And some tidbits about the facility itself. I saw the old 90's video of the place and most of the stuff that was showed in the video was still there. They had multiple layers of razor wire pointing IN !!
Razor wire pointing inward (like a prison) is to keep people in, not out. If this place is what they say it is (an AMTRAK train repair shop) than there should be only 2 thing within those fences. Train's and people that work on train's.

So why have multiple layers of prison style razor wire if you are "just" a repair shop?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I checked out the OP's article.

All I saw was images of organized building structures, probably goverment in origin. I don't know how it is determined from Google maps that these are prison camps though. They look more like barracks to me.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
who said that those images are "death camps". You see ... that's how the rumors are made. And you can see coments "it makes me sick, lets nuke them" based on those pics and claims of the author that these are death camps. In that case you people make me sick ... haha

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
People -

I have no way of confirming 100% that these images are 'death camps', im just passing the message. The idea that these camps are 'death camps' is due to the testimony of Kang Chol-Hwan and his book The Aquariums of Pyongyang. He was supposedly in the camps until 1992 and after seeing the satellite images he confirmed some of the locations and that they were growing.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
every country has prisons lol
dumbest thread in ages

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Barbed wire doesn't "point" in any direction.

You put it on the inside of fences so that it is harder for people to damage it - and you have fences and barbed wire to keep vandals out of large industrial complexes.

So you got "followed" by a black Taurus with "State" on the plate........sadly for your story it makes for a good story but still isn't actually evidence of anything.

Here's a better look at Amtrak's Beech Grove facility - perhaps you should join a railway interst group and take a tor of it nextime time they do?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

All those "FEMA camps" in that link are identified as bogus - National Guard training camp, an Amtrak repair facility, etc.

are identified as bogus? reallly i dont think so

Perhaps you ahould have a look at the link, and check the information on each camp, and tell us all why it is wrong then??

Either that or present some credible information that they actually exist in the first place??

the list includes military prisons, old abandoned forrestry camps, in fact almost any bit of federal land that might be used for anything - whether in current use or not.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by chooselove

Its not simply the fact there are prisons but the conditions they are kept in and reasons citizens are taken there. Heres a quote from the UN

Torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment, public executions, extra judicial and arbitrary detention, the absence of due process and the rule of law, imposition of the death penalty for political reasons, the existence of a large number of prison camps and the extensive use of forced labour;

Sanctions on citizens of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea who have been repatriated from abroad, such as treating their departure as treason leading to punishments of internment, torture, inhuman or degrading treatment or the death penalty;

All-pervasive and severe restrictions on the freedoms of thought, conscience, religion, opinion and expression, peaceful assembly and association and on access of everyone to information, and limitations imposed on every person who wishes to move freely within the country and travel abroad;

Continued violation of the human rights and fundamental freedoms of women, in particular the trafficking of women for prostitution or forced marriage, ethnically motivated forced abortions, including by labour inducing injection or natural delivery, as well as infanticide of children of repatriated mothers, including in police detention centres and labour training camps.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
reply to post by chooselove

Its not simply the fact there are prisons but the conditions they are kept in and reasons citizens are taken there. Heres a quote from the UN

I agree. The North Koreans have admitted to abducting foreign nationals. For example some Japanese families were simply snatched off the beach by naval units using submarines. If the North Korean regime is that paranoid then goodness only knows what they do to their own citizens who don't conform to the party line.

en.wikipedia.org...

Plenty of evidence has emerged of North Koreas collective punishment mentality. Even though the person who committed the crime against the state might not be alive or has defected the family must suffer.

www.hrw.org...

A North Korean Air Force Pilot defected with his MiG-19 to South Korea back in 1996. He admitted to leaving behind his Wife, Father and two children. Under collective punishment you can only imagine that his family ended up in the detention camps?

www.itnsource.com...

TJ

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join