It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who owns America? Hint: It's not China!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I for one have always thought that China owned the majority US Debt, seems I was wrong...

globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com...

Truth is elusive. But it's a good thing we have math.

Yes it is!

Many people — politicians and pundits alike — prattle on that China and, to a lesser extent Japan, own most of America's $14.3 trillion in government debt.

But there's one little problem with that conventional wisdom: it's just not true. While the Chinese, Japanese and plenty of other foreigners own substantial amounts, it's really Americans who hold most of America's debt.

globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com...

Visit the above link for a pretty good break down of who actually owes and you might be surprised...

So we all hear about .Gov raping the social security funds, etc... well it seems they have pulled like a double swifty by somehow stealing the money from the people and making them somehow owe the money they stole as well...

Only in the good ole' US of A peoples!

edit on 20-9-2011 by ParAvion because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2011 by ParAvion because: formatting

edit on 20-9-2011 by ParAvion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
According to the "math" the treasury/Fed owns most of the debt at 1.6 Trillion. Now if you will excuse me I have to go lend myself some money so I can pay my electric bill...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is not possible. WE didn't spend this money. the government did.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
sabbathrock.com...

This might be of some interest about Britain owning America, Vatican owning Britain and the Pope abolishing any law in the US

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ParAvion

So the world doesn’t come apart when America defaults – that’s one off the conspiracy list. Should have figured that all that money would find its way back to TPTB in the US.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by atoptreetops
This is not possible. WE didn't spend this money. the government did.

That's what happens when "We" have been taken out of government. They decide and "We" pay, they speak and "We" do as told, they destroy our economy and "We" suffer, they start wars and "We" pay with our blood.

"We" need to make a statement so strong that "They" regain their fear.

History has shown that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have slowly and by perverse means, transformed it into tyranny.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Americans are debt owners, as simply explained here:

[specially this]

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this.

I wanted to reply so I can quickly find this thread and use it as a future reference.

* Hong Kong: $121.9 billion (0.9 percent)
* Caribbean banking centers: $148.3 (1 percent)
* Taiwan: $153.4 billion (1.1 percent)
* Brazil: $211.4 billion (1.5 percent)
* Oil exporting countries: $229.8 billion (1.6 percent)
* Mutual funds: $300.5 billion (2 percent)
* Commercial banks: $301.8 billion (2.1 percent)
* State, local and federal retirement funds: $320.9 billion (2.2 percent)
* Money market mutual funds: $337.7 billion (2.4 percent)
* United Kingdom: $346.5 billion (2.4 percent)
* Private pension funds: $504.7 billion (3.5 percent)
* State and local governments: $506.1 billion (3.5 percent)
* Japan: $912.4 billion (6.4 percent)
* U.S. households: $959.4 billion (6.6 percent)
* China: $1.16 trillion (8 percent)
* The U.S. Treasury: $1.63 trillion (11.3 percent)
* Social Security trust fund: $2.67 trillion (19 percent)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Now this is the reason why the taxes are so low in the USA. Taxes in USA would probably be as high as in Germany for instance, if the US would not have borrowed so much from it self
edit on 21-9-2011 by nagabonar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by piotrburz
Americans are debt owners, as simply explained here:

[specially this]

Wow, thanks for this, by far the best explanation of the monetary system I've encountered.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

seriously ,where are you from? 1860's USA ? This is the biggest joke I ever read. USA has income tax of 35% and other taxes like 40% corporate tax along and these incessant taxes are hemorrhaging our small business,which causes big businesses to go offshore.

We should learn from Russia which has flat tax of 13% .Hell,Russia today sure is becoming more and more like USA I dreamt off.

You can pay more taxes if you like in the 'home of the fee and land of the slave' ala USA of today.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Best value is what's important, not lowest taxes. Basically the lower the tax the better but for comparable services and infrastructure. For instance infrastructure (how much time do I require to import production goods and export productions goods across the world - time is money), functioning law institutions (also important for many firms, especially high tech firms because of intellectual property), education system (firms need qualified workers) and so on.
The question is: where do I get the best bang for buck? depending on the type of company you run you will have different preferences. hint: do not entrepeneur a high tech company in russia.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
So? US lends money to US.
and the US pay intrest to who?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hate to burst your bubble guys and gals. It is not us or even the federal government that owns everything. It is the Federal Reserve. A private bank which is who the US Government the vast majority of it's debt too. Not just that... but the Federal Reserve has bought trillions of the "Toxic Assets" and namely "Mortgage Backed Securities", so that means the Federal Reserve owns your mortgages too.

Always, and I mean always, follow the money. However in a world of fiat currency, tangible assets such as real estate, stocks, precious metals, etc. is more important to follow than just currency.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Actually its the Rothchilds who own the entire worlds debt, including the U.S. and China's debt ontop of the EU and the United Arab Emerites. They own the entire world.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nagabonar
Now this is the reason why the taxes are so low in the USA. Taxes in USA would probably be as high as in Germany for instance, if the US would not have borrowed so much from it self
edit on 21-9-2011 by nagabonar because: (no reason given)
lucky for U Obama is the clone of RA...

Mr X-ULTRA/ALL-SEEING... LetIng U all know that as of 1 Nano-Second ago I'm your BOSS America
... Now let's get this party started... before someone else buys it from me who only wants U-ALL to stay awake and work all day and night... I know there's a pill 4 that

edit on 21-9-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: I own America now

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Don't worry Americans, we still have most of our dirt. Our dirt is worth more than our debt.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

to a point if Wal mart or 7/11 this your dirt is a money making spot, your gonna loose that spot of dirt it is called "eminent domain" and i for one think TPTB will lie deceive you any chance they can get, if the FRB (fed reserve bank) sells holdings to china, who then, would we owe? the fed or china? and then your have the electronic printing press, oh thank you Mr. Bernanke www.resourceinvestor.com... from the link

The Fed simply created, via Bernanke’s electronic printing press, the dollars with which it bought – and is buying – massive quantities of US Treasuries.
so they now just print want they want... nice

edit on 21-9-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Actually its the Rothchilds who own the entire worlds debt, including the U.S. and China's debt ontop of the EU and the United Arab Emerites. They own the entire world.
UB a smart One... But I hope Urr not the lone wolf Obama is talking about

Famous quote of owners of America organization:

" I CARE NOT(about anything butt money) what puppet is in place on the throne of England/America/David Icke to rule the Empire strikes back,... The man/Reptilian that controls the Britains/U$D/Real&Alchemized Gold suppLIES controls the Earth Prision Planet world... And what do U-ALL think the "He who owns the Domains of the Digi-Money world" do for fun

Mr X-ULTRA/QUANTUM... Going on Vacation to this great little secret hot spot on Mars... I'll send U-ALL a Digi-transmit-ion post card

edit on 21-9-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: I forgot my tooth brush

edit on 21-9-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: this time it was the ribbed condoms... alway want to be prepared with stored supplies wile the E last

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
According to the "math" the treasury/Fed owns most of the debt at 1.6 Trillion. Now if you will excuse me I have to go lend myself some money so I can pay my electric bill...

This is the QE (quantitative easing).
Normally central bank creates money and lends it to other banks. This is not called QE.
QE is fresh money created that directly pays Govt expenses. So it is circular accounting gimmick, by showing it on the books of Fed. It is not real debt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join