It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Camera Exposes Americans Will Submit and Not Question Authority When Ordered to Do the Most A

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Source

When I Watched John Stossel on Fox Business, He had the man who done Candid Camera for years on and off. The host of Candid Camera tell the audience on all his spoofs on camera might be funny. He also exposes the reality of people will not question authority even doing the most absurd things. You be the judge and you tell me. Is it scary people will not question authority? Watch and enjoy.

I know this is a show like Candid Camera conducting these experiments, but, the fact remains, people will blindly listen to authority figures.

Maybe it's just me, and I have always had a problem listening to authorities but this is an extreme. I was expelled from my school a few times just for proving a teacher wrong on a subject he was making us learn, I always figured why not teach it right rather than just repeat what the book says, but i had quite an experience in high school because of this little 'quirk'.

The fact remains police are no different, they are here for our benefit, they are not above us in anyway, they are no smarter than us, so why then, do people blindly follow them? Is it because hollywood has this obsession portraying them as some sort of super genius who know what is best in any situation?

This is just crazy to me and people need to wake up.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
My oh my,

How come I am never the lucky one to be approached like this.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

No kidding.

They wouldn't be allowed to put me on TV though, I would tell the guy where to go and how to get there.

They probably have people like that, but they show the dumb unquestioning people because it is more funny. It's just horrible that there is people out there like this.

Pred...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
What's really sad is the fact that I didn't need to see this video in order to know this.
This is pretty much common knowledge.
Americans are pussies and deserve what WE/THEY get.
If you CAN be enslaved they you SHOULD be enslaved.

How anyone can watch some of these clips from Candid Camera and actually laugh is beyond me.
I watch it and have to fight back tears because these clips point to a VERY sad reality.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

It might have something to do with the fluoride and other pharmaceuticals they put in the water. Plus most have seen what tazers can do. Plus America has the largest prison population on the planet. Plus Americans have watched enough COPS to see what happens when you don't submit.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Well that's a terrible way of thinking.

A true and strong person could and would never take advantage of anyone, ever.

Thats worse then being willing to bend to authority is taking advantage.

Your true colors are showing...

Pred...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
What's really sad is the fact that I didn't need to see this video in order to know this.

Says the guy from St. Louis, Missouri.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Predator: yes unfortunately most people are sheeps, not thinking, no balls "better do what the officer says".
A very famous psychological experiment proofed that years ago: the Milgram experiment
(check it out on wiki: en.wikipedia.org...

In short: they placed a proffessor conducting a test, some test people who had to ask question to a person, and give them electrical shock on wrong answers. the people on the other end have been actors, not really geting electrocuted, but acting like it.

Most testers went, without asking questions, up to lethal electrical charges. If you are interested in it you ll even find videos of the experiment. It s disgusting to watch.

And the other thing: at the time the video here was done it was considered absurd to go through a body scanner at the airport. -- Look where we are now at ! Bodyscanners on all airports.

And why ?? Again because the sheeps just let them be chased around by the dogs.

By the way; after WWII at the Nuremberg and other trials the Nazis have been asked why they killed all these innocent people, and did not hesitate or ask questions. One of the most common answer; It was an order.

That's their excuse. Someone in an uniform told me, so I do not have to think that i am a human being that should act like one.

And that's is why know everybody who is a free thinker and ask questions now is considered a dange by the gov's - free thinkers can not be controlled as easy as sheeps, and that scares the dogs.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Just maybe we have it all wrong. I know ATSers are tired of authority, but if this guys' observations are correct, then maybe we should be hoping for more "intrusive authoritive figures" so people get pissed enough to just resist.

I really dislike authority, and I have very few dealings with them in recent years. I've had many dealings in the past which leads me to distrust them.

Hell with it, bring on totalitarianism.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

A true and strong person could and would never take advantage of anyone, ever.

First of all,

I make no claims of being a "strong person".

Second,
The people enslaving our planet are not "true and strong". and they have no problem taking advantage of humanity.

I am not your enemy, THEY ARE, and YOU ARE, but not me.
It is a sad thing to watch for sure.
I wish it didn't have to be this way but,
if you are going to "LET" someone enslave you then.......
it is nobodys fault but......YOUR OWN!

You can't exactly piss and moan about being a slave when you so eagerly do the bidding of your masters.

People either need to rise up against their oppressors en masse or....
start getting used to their enslavement.
If you ever get tired of being a slave at any time....YOU CAN STOP!!!!
If you are a slave it is because

A. You have accepted being a slave and you are too scared to do what is necessary to free yourself.
B. You don't know you are a slave.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

YES, says ME!
What exactly is your point?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Just another one how social conditioning works:
Marc Dice asking people to sign for abolishing the first amendment:

... and getting loads of signatures

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Many are simply flat out stupid. Hidden cameras have also shown people don't know which countries border the US to the north, and the south, as well as that some don't know when 9/11 occurred. How can someone not know when 9/11 occurred? The answer is in the question!

Yes, people need to wake up. But given what I see every day, especially the hoards of zombies driving on our highways, I have no confidence any "waking up" will happen in my lifetime. Some here seem to think there will be a huge awakening in 2012. Yeah right. The majority of this country still can't comprehend/understand something as simply as "slower traffic keep to the right".
edit on 20-9-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

YES, says ME!
What exactly is your point?

The irony, Screwed. A docile kept dog tells other docile kept dogs they deserve what they get.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I'm not saying YOU deserve what YOU get.
I am saying that WE deserve what WE get.
Sorry if i didn't clarify.

The truth is the truth,
I am only being honest, from my point of view of course.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I thought it was hilarious. Good for Peter Funt, talking about questioning authority. It's nice to hear anybody talking about this.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
You see this everyday with people blindly obeying rules and laws that buck any type of common sense priciples. This thread gets a star and flag my friend!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well this should be no surprise if you have studied the history of some of the less known institutions and programs in the us during the 50s before and beyond.

There has always been a vested interest in the global elite & government wanting to socially engineer society.

When you are conditioned from a young age to beleive that the government is there to help you and the government is the say all end all source, then of course it's going to come naturally to you to not question the source "of all truth".

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Texas is Closed today:

LMAO

Oh dear...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

c'mon guy, speak for yourself. I find some of the toughest acting people out there break pretty quick under pressure. there's a lot of people that have integrity and strength when it comes down to life changing events.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join