It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Werewolves Exist in the UK Some Evidence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I sometimes look around at this kind of stuff. Usually when i am in the frame of mind of
"there must be something in the world that is a mystery".

Well here's one i have missed.

Killer beasts that roam the UK Moors and Heaths.
People have been killed by these mysterious creatures, that
some are calling "Werewolves".

BBC News

A real werewolf is said to be a large unidentified species of wolf which has no tail and is usually quite long; often more than seven feet in length, and the animal carries out most of its hunting at night when the moon is full. But these strange creatures also go on the prowl most nights regardless of whether the moon is full or not. Most people have heard of the Beast of Bodmin Moor

Was wondering if anyone else can add a story or two.
edit on 20-9-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Were doctor ten and Rose Tyler there to kick off the start of Torchwood too ?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Theres one in London, although he's originally from America...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Damn, a yank in London, the irony!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Very interesting story there. The exotic life stories always amaze me by how much we haven't learned or discovered about the world all around us. My little list here doesn't have a Werewolf on it but it shows why I for one, won't take a story like yours and laugh at it.

14 Animals that should't still exist

Could there be Werewolves? Sure...Why not? The article you are linking to isn't suggesting these are human beings transforming under a full moon, but seems to suggest an off shoot or variant species of Wolf. I don't think anyone can confidently say such a critter cannot exist unless they've done a shoulder to shoulder human wall type search of the entire area in question...and then a clever animal could still hide and be missed. Maybe...they're smart enough to avoid humans when the odds aren't entirely in their favor.
Great thread!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

in the middle of my day,,,
i "click" on the Strangest things...

really i don't blame you for posting this nonsense..

i blame Myself.. for looking!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Here's the solution to that problem.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
There was a cheesy movie in the '80s called "Wolfen".
The book however was much better.
it postulated that werewolves were a species of intelligent canids that evolved alongside wolves like humans evolved alongside apes.
Interesting concept.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Well rigel4 I wish I could say I would love to but each time I tell this story it is less than well received but here goes.

I was visiting my Family in Springfield VA. years ago and was told of a story that Werewolves inhabited the area so I went with someone who lives there to a large clearing nearby. I wish I could say I arrived early and set up some cameras and such but as it turns out we arrived right on time.

We came to the edge of the woods and in the moon light (Not full moon but bright clear night) we saw two figures in the center. I would like to pause for a moment and tell you that this clearing was circular and about 50 yards across. Both of the figures were covered in fur and animal-human in appearance. One, who was standing on the hind legs, was a silver with black highlights or streaks but not stripped and had a strong, masculine sense about "him"and "He" was about 6-7 feet tall. The other was crouched down at "his" feet over something. It was dark brownish in color, smaller and seemed to have feminine attributes.

About 4 or 5 seconds after we arrived they both snapped their heads directly at us, at least in our direction, and took off towered the woods to our left. Both ran in upright positions on their hind legs, at which time I could see "her" to be 5-6 foot tall, and with three strides each were gone into the woods. Keep in mind that means three strides for 25 yards of distance moved.

Having seen werewolf movies before their appearance in facial structure left me no other way to describe them. their speed was amazing and graceful and it left no possible human hoax explanation. After they had left we went out to the spot where they had been and found the remains of a mutilated rabbit but no other signs save for pressed down grass.

We went back every night for 2 weeks and did not see them again. So there you have it, my experience with werewolves. I have spent many nights on the moors of the English Isle and felt uncomfortable but never experienced anything like I did that night.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

That's one of the oddest tales i ever heard. I mean. you have no reason to lie, especially when you might get
flamed.
Can you tell us how you felt when you saw these creatures. I would have been afraid of them.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
S&F. I swear I CANNOT wait to go to the UK next year. Lycanthropy has and always will remain my favorite subject.

I will definitely have to go check out those places when i get there. This reminds me of a story that i read in a book i just finished reading. "Will Storr Vs. The Supernatural". In one of the chapters he mentions that he goes to visit a family in the UK (i dont recall if he even names the place). The paranormal investigator he was interviewing mentioned that werewolves did exist and that he saw with his own eyes a woman transform into a werewolf. He saw her fingernails start to grow and her features change. He saw fur sprouting in this women all around her back.

Maybe this is the couple thats causing the attacks

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
reply to post by Agarta

That's one of the oddest tales i ever heard. I mean. you have no reason to lie, especially when you might get
flamed.
Can you tell us how you felt when you saw these creatures. I would have been afraid of them.

At first it was shock, as I do believe that cryptozoology is a viable form of science, I need to see it for myself, and was not really expecting to see anything that night. Then it shifted to excitement and as I kept my eyes on them fumbled for my camera. That may have been what alerted them to our presence or maybe our scent. When they looked at us it was a quick inhale in anticipation but there was no sign of us being in danger so fear didn't have time to set in I think.

Then the feeling of disappointment and awe when they took off to the woods. And of course excitement over the whole thing overtook everything. I know this shows rapid changes in emotion in a 5 second situation but if anyone has been in a situation like this, maybe not with werewolves, but when something unexpected is witnessed they know that it is never only a single emotion felt.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I hadn't considered the possibility before. I can see it, though.

Sasquatch have been reported for centuries, but, as far as I know, not one has ever been positively identified. Based on that, I suppose some type of wolf could be living quietly among us, unknown.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well consider this. I was originally from Scotland and spent 30 years of my life there. When i was young i used to walk the moors and hills, spend days out on rivers on lochs, and to this day i have never seen the Scottish wildcat.

A native species of wild cat. I wanted to see one , but just could never find them. More likely they saw me first.

So it is entirely possible that some kind of wolf animal can live in remoteplaces and not be found.
It is also possible that their is such things as shape shifting creatures.

What do the Native Americans say about this?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Thank you for giving such a detailed account, especially the details about the emotions of that amazing but brief 5 seconds. By giving us this detail, you have written it in such a way that we could experience it through your eyes, if we so chose.

I know that telling such an account puts it out there for people to say what they will - something that leaves many reluctant to share such remarkable encounters, in many subjects, on a host of levels. Thank you for not being one of them.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

That is a fascinating encounter & I admire your bravery in posting it as it's all too easy to see how some would use it as a means to ridicule and insult, as much as we may wish otherwise.The most striking part for me is the speed and fluidity of their movement, it's so far beyond my imagination that I can scarcely come to terms with it. This is one of those times when my mind is a little too rational for its own good...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Microwaved

I agree had I not seen it my self I would have a hard time picturing anything taking a 8+yrd stride. Maybe this is why we have such a hard time capturing them in sight, pics, or other. The Speed in which they took off was mind boggling.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Agarta because: missed a word didn't make sense

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I have heard of the beast of Bodmin before, yet I always thought it was a big cat. Puma's have been spotted around the UK and I think that was attributed to the stories.

Thanks for reminding me about the beast of Bodmin I was always scared of it when going on holidays to cornwall.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Theres one in London, although he's originally from America...

its been so long I forgot what bad acting that movie had in it

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I had a dream the other night that I was on an expedition in the Himalayas, and someone was trying to turn me into a werepig. I've never heard of a werepig, so have no idea why my brain came up with that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join