It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A woman finds the man she hates most in life ... and marries him.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Dont you dare bring pagans into this arguement.

We are a lot more unhibited then you are. Now that is freedom.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

Be open minded, truthfull and honest. You will begin to see a different world. You are master of your life... if you are unhappy with the world around you... CHANGE IT!

I think what he is talking about is more about human nature and not so much the world..

I have to laugh at you types who say..you don't like things.."change it"..

Looks like that isn't always working so well..for the ones that do try....sometimes downright disastrous when they are really trying to expose lies and corruption, and bring it to light..so people can be aware and change it.

So your BS about how you will begin to see the world in different way if you are open minded ,honest and truthful..is a load of malarkey.. because those are exactly the qualities , that made me see how jaded, and hurting humanity was... and I learned to be less honest, with ones that would violate that trust, and less truthful with those who did not care about truth, but only validation.

I think the op has probably seen a good measure of the realities of relationships today, and if has made the choice to be celibate..and sees the reality of relationships , as such, it is through his own experience..that he has done so...and we need to respect his observations, and his choices.

I think its sort of funny how he titled the thread.. which I don't think he meant literally, but was more tongue in cheek assessment.

edit on 29-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Get your facts straight before spewing such nonsense.

No one likes a drama queen.

The vietnam war alone for Americans was about 60,000. But if you want to look at Vietnam, its 1,110,000.

The number of deaths for WWII is the same.

Comparing relationships to car crashes is just nonsense. Your looking for any excuse to avoid commitment.

In fact, you remind me of another ATSer we had problems with.

People die. Period. Whether it be car crashes, plane crashes, lightening, or go old fashioned whether it be the wild west falling in a mine or being hung for stealing a horse Car crashes have gone up, maternal and infant deaths during childbirth have gone down.

So you are celebate but think you can make decisions on relationships and tell us all how rotten they are?

Why would your friends even come to you for advice? that is like going to a priest.

This world isnt any worse or any better then it has been. nothing is more annoying then the: i am afraid to bring a child into this world.
Statistically speaking, crime is the same. think people have gotten worse? Go to the Roman Colseum and tell me if that would happen today.

The thread starter is a wimp. he has opted out of life and trying to make himself seem superior for it. instead of trying to make it through trial and error like the rest of us, he just opts out.

The cowards way out.

Real men keep trying.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

This world isnt any worse or any better then it has been. nothing is more annoying then the: i am afraid to bring a child into this world. Statistically speaking, crime is the same. think people have gotten worse? Go to the Roman Colseum and tell me if that would happen today. The thread starter is a wimp. he has opted out of life and trying to make himself seem superior for it. instead of trying to make it through trial and error like the rest of us, he just opts out. The cowards way out. Real men keep trying.

annoying to you..understandable to others..considering the quality and quantity of hard hearted humans walking this planet.

The Op is totally allowed to have his jaded opinion if that is what hes observed.

Real men sometimes don't see the value of drama that often goes along with relationships , and if he is comfortable how he is..who are you to call him a coward.

Real men aren't afraid to be honest about who they are and why....and I think this is what the op did here.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I think the op has probably seen a good measure of the realities of relationships today, and if has made the choice to be celibate... and sees the reality of relationships, as such, it is through his own experience... that he has done so... and we need to respect his observations, and his choices.

And we do. He can be celibate until the cows come home. Nobody is going to try to stop him withdrawing his horses from the human race. Nobody, except perhaps his own father, is going to tell him he is wrong or a fool for opting out of the sexual competition. At worst he will be judged unfit to compete, and therefore not worth anybody’s attention.

But when he tries to make us believe that his beliefs apply to everybody, that those who participate in and enjoy sexual relationships are deluded or conniving or immoral, he is asking for trouble. We have all had our ups and downs with regard to our sexual relationships; but unlike the OP, most of us think the benefits and pleasures of them more than worth the risks, failures and embarrassments. When someone whose knowledge of human sexual affairs is obviously limited and negative presumes to advise those who know better from personal experience, he must expect to be treated with ridicule and even contempt.

So you are celibate but think you can make decisions on relationships and tell us all how rotten they are? Why would your friends even come to you for advice? that is like going to a priest.

Worse, actually. At least the priest can draw on the knowledge he acquires in the confession-booth.

Nothing is more annoying then the: i am afraid to bring a child into this world. Statistically speaking, crime is the same. think people have gotten worse? Go to the Roman Coliseum and tell me if that would happen today.

Exactly. In fact, crime in the rich world keeps falling.

Want to think a gratifying thought? Just imagine how long the OP would have lasted in Ancient Rome.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I do believe in the right to not procreate. and it is amazing if someoen chooses not to have kids, how people lean on them.

If someone thinks they cannot handle children and opt out, more power to them I say. And good for them.

Yes there are bad people in this world. There have always been bad people in the world. there are wicked people. But the people who think the world is not fit to bring children in watch too much news and think that somehow, the ax murderer you hear about 8 states away affects them.

But the poster took a superior stance and is basically telling us that we are all just breeders and are doing everything wrong. When he basically opted out of the race to sit on the sideline.

Like the fat guy at the football game yelling at the quarterback.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

But when he tries to make us believe that his beliefs apply to everybody, that those who participate in and enjoy sexual relationships are deluded or conniving or immoral, he is asking for trouble. We have all had our ups and downs with regard to our sexual relationships; but unlike the OP, most of us think the benefits and pleasures of them more than worth the risks, failures and embarrassments. When someone whose knowledge of human sexual affairs is obviously limited and negative presumes to advise those who know better from personal experience, he must expect to be treated with ridicule and even contempt.

You make some great points, and I have to say I agree with those statements.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Yes there are bad people in this world. There have always been bad people in the world. there are wicked people. But the people who think the world is not fit to bring children in watch too much news and think that somehow, the ax murderer you hear about 8 states away affects them.

Maybe it not just about the axe murderers..

Maybe its about the way so called "normal" humans act out as well.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

The thread starter is a wimp. he has opted out of life and trying to make himself seem superior for it. instead of trying to make it through trial and error like the rest of us, he just opts out.

The cowards way out.

Real men keep trying.

i think the issue here is less about risk of loss but more about the potential gains, which just fall far short of the required expenditure for both, the promised and the expected experience in question. look, i can see your point, because if enough people shrugged you off, you'd lose a lot of market value, for lack of a better word, but since there seems the lack of general empathy wrt. men's relationships, i can't help but chuckle at such attempts at 'motivation'.

btw, is there a prize for being a real man? just 100bux? a baseball cap? medal of d***ishness? no? well, then let's say that supply and demand apply. if it takes a boat load of money to get on board so to speak, a lot of people will choose the boatload of money over strife and that is not an exaggeration.

================================================================================

Originally posted by Astyanax

1. Descending by inheritance

2. Transmitted from one generation to another

3. Holding one’s position by inheritance

4. Of or pertaining to inheritance

you can quote general dictionary entries all you like, the context is quite clear from the thread and down's doesn't belong in your list. this reveals either carelessness in posting examples or plain ignorance of the subject. given the overall experience i suspect the latter, no surprises here.

oh, while we are at it:

Originally posted by Astyanax

Want to think a gratifying thought? Just imagine how long the OP would have lasted in Ancient Rome.

how does having a mate and children improve your chances in Ancient Rome? curious thought i had that the people who are most violent and dangerous will hardly be model citizens but will have the edge at war and fighting in general. maybe some people are wishing for the wrong things in their lives. as i said what you don't understand can kill you.
edit on 2011.9.30 by Long Lance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

To answer your questions:

1) self respect

2) a lot of people pay a whole lot of money and go through a whole lot of strife to have children.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

To answer your questions:

1) self respect

2) a lot of people pay a whole lot of money and go through a whole lot of strife to have children.

would be nice if couples were actually in it together but as it stands the man's role is being reduced to that of an ATM that is legally required to absorb various kinds of abuse, while doing the same to a real ATM will result in charges of vandalism...

adversity of the environment is an issue but it doesn't dominate, what really inflicts a lot of damage is inter-personal hostility for the sake of it. the same 'spirit' is at the same time (ab-)using any given proverb, stereotype or tradition (literally everything, in fact) to suit manipulative purposes. being a 'real' (insert preferential item) is all nice as long as it serves a purpose i can actually identify with or at least doesn't run counter to my instincts, conviction and experience. riddle me this: are children the only reason to have a relationship in your opinion? using that train of thought you eventually end up in Sharia territory, all is ok, so long as children pop up to perpetuate the madness. remember you are not alone in the world, life will go one without you anyway.

speaking of proverbs, let me address the one about enemies and friends, the former of which alledgedly have to be kept closer than the latter for whatever reason. if you're a masochist, this is good advice, for the rest of us i believe you should seek what you want. should we all discard experience when something just does not work out? isn't one definition of insanity (dead peoples' remarks carry so much more authority, y'know) doing the same thing over and over expecting different results? why shouldn't the logic apply here as well?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Let’s just cut to the chase here, shall we?

Listen to all these fine specimens of manhood whinging about how mercenary women are and how the world is a pile of excrement.

What are they willing to give in return? Will they love, honour, cherish and protect?

Will they fiddlesticks. Every woman knows what they want – and how little they are willing to give in return.

As if the world owed them a woman. Pah.

No man who liked women ever lacked for a bed to sleep in at night and a warm body to hold.

Misanthropes and misogynists get what they deserve.

Which, from women, is nothing.

It’s time this thread was put to bed. Preferably with a sledgehammer.

edit on 2/10/11 by Astyanax because: it wasn’t angry enough the first time.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I like how the narrator starts with "I don't think many people have heard of mysandry."

Men have been totally erased from planet earth.

David Grouchy
edit on 24-1-2012 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Here is a list of Serial Killer Females.
All under the guise of nurses.

1862 – Catherine Wilson – England – 5-7 victims
1868 – Marie Jeanneret – Switzerland – 7-8 victims
1883 – Maria Swanenburg – Leiden, Netherlands – §
1901 – Jane Toppan – USA – 31-100 victims
1917 – Amy Archer-Gilligan – Connecticut – 20-40, or more, victims
1925 – Martha Wise – Hardscrabble Valley, Virginia? – 3 victims
1925 – Antoinette Scierri – St. Gilles, France – 30 victims
1928 – Bertha Gifford – Catawissa, Missouri – 17 victims §
1938 – Anna Marie Hahn – USA – 5-15, or more, victims
1960 – Marie Fikáčková – Czechoslovakia – 10 infant victims §
1975 – Lenora Perez – Ann Arbor, Michigan – 10 victims (conviction overturned) §
1975 – Filipina Narciso – Ann Arbor, Michigan – 10 victims (conviction overturned) §
1977 – Cecile Bombeek – Wettern, Belgium – up to 30 victims §
1983 – Genene Jones – Kerrville, Texas – estimated 47 victims
1985 – Terri Eden Rachals – Maples Albany, Georgia – 6-9 victims
1985 – Bobbie Sue Terrell – St. Petersburg?, Florida – 12, or more, victims
1986 – Ann Green – New York, New York – possibly over 400 victims §
1987 – Gwedolyn Gail Graham – Walker, Michigan – 5 victims
1987 – Catherine May Wood – Walker, Michigan – 5 victims §
1987 – Dorothy Matajke – Little Rock, Arkansas – 3, or more, victims §
1989 – Maria Gruber, “Lainz Angels of Death” – Vienna, Austria – 49-300 victims
1989 – Irene Leidolf, “Lainz Angels of Death” – Vienna, Austria – 49-300 victims
1989 – Stephanija Meyer, “Lainz Angels of Death” – Vienna, Austria – 49-300 victims
1989 – Waltraud Wagner, “Lainz Angels of Death” – Vienna, Austria – 49-300 victims
1989 – Michaela Röder, “Wuppertal Angel of D” – Wuppertal, Germany – 10 victims §
1991 – Beverly Allitt – Lincolnshire, England – 4 victims died, 9 others harmed
1992 – Marianne Nölle – Cologne, Germany – 7-8 victims
1993 – Darlene Leon – Banning, California – 17 victims §
1995 – Kathleen Anne Atkinson – Newcastle upon Tyne, England – 4 victims
1996 – Kristen Gilbert – Northampton, Massachusetts – 5, or more, victims
1995 – “Martha U” –– Belgium? – 4-13 victims
1998 – Christine Malèvre – Mantes-la-Jolie, France – 7-30 victims
2001 – Timea Faludi – Budapest, Hungary – 40 victims §
2001 – Barbara Salisbury – Pontybodkin, Wales – 4 attempts, all survived §
2002 – Vickie Dawn Jackson – Nocona, Texas – 10 victims §
2002 – Lucy Quirina De Berk – The Hague, Netherlands – 13 victims §
2004 – Ann Grigg-Booth – Nelson, England – 20 victims §
2005 – Abraão José Bueno – Rio de Janiero, Brazil – 4 victims died, 4 survived §
2007 – Irene Becker – Berlin, Germany – 5 victims §

Blogspot: The Unknown History of Misandry

How many more are there that we don't even know about.

David Grouchy

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Warning: language

Apparently I'm not the only one who gets it.

This video was uploaded three days ago.

After watching this video,
and reflecting on some of the challenging comments posted in this thread, I have to wonder.

Are all the arguments aimed at me, as an individual, still valid. I mean, the video above is proof someone else is having similar experiences. That in this world men are worthless.

David Grouchy

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

ooooooo a whole whopping 37 since 1862.

Yep, I am convinced, odds say my bff is a serial killer.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Both reactions are the same but they are not opposites of each other.

The opposite of love isn't hate, its lack of emotion altogether.

If someone is reacting, either out of love or hate, that means there is still an emotional connection for it to be based on.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

ooooooo a whole whopping 37 since 1862.

Yep, I am convinced, odds say my bff is a serial killer.

... is this intended to suggest that men are not dying off _fast_ enough at the hands of women?

I also remember an earlier comment where I was told to not "drag paganism into it."

Of course I was defending my own decision to remain celibate and merely said
that somehow society deems me mentally ill if "I'm not out there supporting the
birth control industry by participating in sex with zesty pagan lust."

So I have to wonder.
Why the deflection from the issue of celibacy.

Nothing like a cause martyr who jumps on a grenade that isn't there
and then demands exhoneration for their imaginary wounds.

David Grouchy

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

A comedian decided to set the world record for the most times being kicked in the groin.

At first, one can see that he has trouble convincing the women to kick him on camera.

But once they do, one can see how much joy and satisfaction they get from it.

It's almost like therapy for tons of pent up anger, frustration, and resentment.

As the lady at the end says... "I've been wanting to do that for a long time."

Truely, this generations men, are learning their proper place.

David Grouchy

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
what a sport!

All of the sudden I like that guy more than first impressions.

I think I might watch it a few more times.

ftr, I have never kicked a guy in the nuts.

and they call women crazy... we are some of the most controlled creatures!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join