It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A woman finds the man she hates most in life ... and marries him.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
humans acting selfishly = the meaning of life is hate.

chill for awhile, you're just worked up right now. everything you're saying is bs.

i don't even get why you made this thread.

what's wrong with a woman marrying the man she hates most? nothing in this world is singularly good, or bad.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart

chill for awhile, you're just worked up right now. everything you're saying is bs.

what's wrong with a woman marrying the man she hates most? nothing in this world is singularly good, or bad.

I won't go so far as to say Grouchy is full of bs, his observations are valid in my opinion. Hate is a strong word though, control, power and yes selfishness are more appropriate. Maybe emasculate would be good too. I get what Grouchy is saying though it was initially hard to grasp what he was trying to say.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck

Originally posted by shagreen heart

I won't go so far as to say Grouchy is full of bs, his observations are valid in my opinion. Hate is a strong word though, control, power and yes selfishness are more appropriate. Maybe emasculate would be good too. I get what Grouchy is saying though it was initially hard to grasp what he was trying to say.

i get what he's saying. he's giving up though, and that's what is annoying.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
he doesnt need to give up. just take a little time to sort through his emotions. there is allkinds of love in this world if he will open his heart. not all women are withches

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I completely understand you Grouchy.

I am a schizoid. (Officially diagnosed with schizophrenia. But I so do hate that term... its too broad of an umbrella, with many misconceptions)
I suffer from anhedonia (Inability to feel pleasure) as well as blunted affect (limited emotions).
I very rarely experience pleasure, or emotions. As well I have a hard time relating to other people.
People might as well be holograms or robots. I see their bodies, but can't feel anything beyond.

The sexualized nature of this world baffles me.
I do not understand why sex is viewed as the primary goal of most of the population.
Well that is not entirely accurate. I understand it from a biological stand point, all life exists to procreate, but that is as far as it goes.
I will admit the physical sensation feels good, but I don't exactly believe in the whole, "If it feels good, do it' philosophy. Pleasure and enjoyment in this sense is done as soon climax is achieved and the chemical released in the brain dissipates.
There needs to be a deeper meaning behind it, and as far as I see there is none. At least not for me.

When I was younger I believed sex to be one of two things. An expression of love. And a method for reproduction
For me love is a foreign concept. One I doubt I will ever experience, at least not when it comes to another human being.

As for reproduction. I don't want to bring another child into this world. Plain and simple.
My views on that may change in the future, but I doubt it.
I will tell you this. If I did somehow have a child, I would do everything in my ability to take care of them. Not just their physical needs, but emotionally as well to the best of my abilities.
That kid will feel loved. I don't want that kid to become like me.

I view my condition as much a blessing as it is a curse, one of which I have attempted suicide in the past.
On one hand I am partially shielded from sadness. On the other hand I am incapable of fully experiencing happiness, joy, love as well as more negative emotions such as anger and yes even sadness.
I honestly believe that everyone I know could die tonight, and I wouldn't shed a tear. I would miss them, but my heart wouldn't tear apart like it should. And there is something screwed up about that.

Enough self pity. Back on topic.

I often describe myself as asexual, though I am sure it is quite inaccurate, as the female form does get me aroused. I just don't desire the act of sex and physical contact that goes along with it.
Calling myself asexual is just easier than explaining my condition to most people. It's a lot easier (Or at least takes less words.) to explain asexuality to a person than explaining schizophrenia or schizoidism.
Calling myself asexual almost always leads to an argument, though. People just do not understand how it is possible to not to be attracted men, women or other; as well how it is possible for some one not desire sex.
In such cases I do not know who to pity more. Them for their ignorance, or myself.

As for women. I am definitely not the person to ask.
I could count the women I have been in a relationship with on my one hand, and none of them were ideal.
I have only been with one women. And she is the one who screwed me over the most.

She was the only person I had ever cared for. Being in her presence made me feel invincible as though I could lift the heavens and the earth. She is also the only person who has ever hurt me. Lets call her Mew.
Mew and I wen't out for a few months but broke up, due to her 'inability to stand my presence'
I then dated consecutively two of her friends. Both failed because apparently when I looked at Mew my eyes would 'get all fuzzy'.
Six months after Mew and I broke up I had gotten a part time job at Zellers and all of sudden she wanted to hang out with me again. I would buy her things and in return we entered into a friends with benefits arrangement. I personally found the sexual interactions a bit mundane, and mostly focused on pleasuring her. (In retrospect I think I had the idea of being a john a bit wrong. One is supposed to pay for sex. Not pay to pleasure the whore.)
I call her whore. Mainly because after a while I got caught stealing some products from work for her. And you know what she did? She goes around telling everyone I was stalking her and had raped her.
All of my friends also happened to be her friends, and they all took her side. For the first time I felt truly alone.
This was 5 years ago and I still have not forgiven her for that. She is the only person I desire to see brutal things happen to them.

edit on 20-9-2011 by FreezingVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

You know what davidgrouchy.....you are right somewhat.

“I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I. But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn” (1Corinthians 7:8,9)

If you can not contain then it is better to marry then to burn davidgrouchy, the path of the one is not for everybody. Maybe it is time for you to seriously consider getting married......I am sure you can find some female that hates you enough to accomplish that. And you seem to have made a good start with this thread.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Thanks for the advice and video clip.

Watching it now.

David Grouchy

(edit)

That was great!
A smile and a laugh.

Thanks for that.

David Grouchy
edit on 21-9-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FreezingVoid

Wow dude sounds like you found a woman that was colder and felt less emotions then even you do, and ended up being taken for a ride. Aint life grand somebody should welcome you to that club. For such a club exists, and is gaining new members everyday, or so I have been told.

I think your story could go on the shelf with all the other stories of people both male and female that got taken for a ride. In such a library the walls will be stacked to the ceiling with books of such sad tales. But who would want to read them all, because if you read one you have read them all.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Actually I find DG's thoughts refreshing.

I'm also sick to death of the importance placed on the 'religion of sex' in the world.

All it does is CONTROL people.

From what you think to what you eat to what you wear to how you perceive yourself and others to what you do, and do not do... Follow nearly each and every action back to it's driving source, and force... And no, the root is not money, but, sex. And not for 'procreation' - but for control.

About the reference to car deaths? Yeah, I kind of get that also. We're so concerned with what we're TOLD to be concerned about (like 911) but wait! When there's more than enough death spread around from cars? But no-one's told to take notice of those deaths! Why? Because cars make money, gas is the life blood. Can't expose that now can we...

You're refreshing DG. Thank you.

peace

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreezingVoid
She is the only person I desire to see brutal things happen to them.

The best revenge is success. Open up and you WILL find somebody worthy of you.
I had a similar situation with my last ex. She worked for 3 months to pry me open and when I finally caved, she ended up just stabbing me in the back. I had to go through Hell while with her and I just never fully understood why she went through all that time and trouble just to destroy the relationship like that. I guess we all have self destructive tendancies, some more driven than others. I had my friends turn on me as well because of her lies... I said fk it and let them go... I mean if I knew them way longer than they knew her, and they chose to believe her without even coming to speak to me first. That should say enough of your so called "friends" and where their loyalty stands. "The world is only as good as it allows you to be", and that's the truth. You gotta know when to take the L and take it right on the chin.

It's all about control and power, so just don't play their game anymore.
edit on 21-9-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I find the OP a bit confusing.. difficult to see the connections and meanings,
So it intrigues me
Attracts me
My curiosity stretches forth with desire to
understand.

This is the powerful dynamic that occurs with consciousness
Opposites attract
Known goes forth towards unknown,
Self towards "not self".
Repulsion and attraction are two experiences of the same thing, ultimately.

This is what frees,
and expands,
self.... this attraction to what is it's opposite
This is where creativity occurs, on varying levels,
be they physical, emotional, or mental.

This is what awakens the ego
releases it from it's prison
of perception in good and evil

Unless fear of death grips it
Fear of losing self,
of changing, of expanding
blocks it's motion
and freezes it's walls
bringing it quicker to what it has been running from
Death.

.....for repulsion and attraction
are ultimately the same thing

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

My song of the day.................

"This Is A Lie"

How each of us decides
I've never been sure
The part we play
The way we are
How each of us denies any other way in the world
Why each of us must choose
I've never understood
One special friend
One true love
Why each of us must lose everyone else in the world

However unsure
However unwise
Day after day play out our lives
However confused
Pretending to know to the end

But this isn't truth this isn't right
This isn't love this isn't life this isn't real
This is a lie

How each of us believes
I've never really known
In heaven unseen and hell unknown
How each of us dreams to understand anything at all
Why each of us decides
I've never been sure
The part we take
The way we are
Why each of us denies every other way in the world

However unsure
However unwise
Day after day play out our lives
However confused
Pretending to know to the end

But this isn't truth this isn't right
This is a lie
This isn't truth this isn't right
This is a lie

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Male sexual losers seem to constitute an unusually large sub-set of ATS members.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm... sick to death of the importance placed on the 'religion of sex' in the world. All it does is CONTROL people.

Well, yes. What do you think the purpose of life is?

You are here to protect and reproduce your genes. You may think you’re a fine chap with consciousness of the world and lots of free will and an immortal soul and all the rest of the trimmings, but in reality you’re just a survival and reproduction machine for your genes.

They created you and gave you a mind. It may have been their greatest mistake.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
And no, the root is not money, but, sex.

It's interesting that you mention this connection.

From what I've read of the Epic of Gilgamesh,
prostitution was invented simultaneously with money.

There were two major temples in ancient Sumer.
The womens' temple, and the mens' temple (basically the army).
A woman couldn't join the womens' temple if she was a virgin.
Any woman who wanted to get initiated would take a coin
with the image of the king on it and go outside and sit on
the steps of the womens' temple placing the coin besider her.
Any man comming by could take her inside and redeem the coin
by deflowering her.

The tradition has continued through the entire course of western civilization
when ever wealth is created.

First they pay you to do it, then you have to pay to do it forever after.
Take Bill Gates and the invention of software as an industry.
In the early days he paid computer makers if they would
ship with dos installed. This lowered their cost,
and Gates got market penitration.
Now we have to pay for operating sytems.

The examples are almost endless,
and this is a defining attribute of western culture and wealth.

But yes,
The coin with face was invented simultaneously
as the act of being paid for sex.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Male [color=gold] sexual losers seem to constitute an unusually large sub-set of ATS members.

I'm used to far worse comments than that.
People seem to have an instinct to attack what ever doesn't fit into their preconcieved categories.

For instance one guy from the home town told me,
(while simultaneously representing)
"Never tell a Black man you are not having sex."
And he showed me his face of disgusting disapproval.

So "Male sexual loser" is actually kind in comparison.

... queue music

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

The cap fit, did it? Heh heh.

I’ve called myself a sexual loser a few times. I’ve never blamed women or ‘the way of the world’ for it, though.

And when I finally found the magic formula, it wasn’t the world that changed; it was I.

Just a thought you may want to consider.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Don't worry.. The Illusion is ending soon and all of this warped nonsense
will cease from this non reality that never was. Nothing here is real, nor
does it have any meaning what so ever. Screw what other people think,
live your life the way you want to, not the way everyone else wants you to.
They don't matter.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
The cap fit, did it? Heh heh.

I’ve called myself a sexual loser a few times. I’ve never blamed women or ‘the way of the world’ for it, though.

And when I finally found the magic formula, it wasn’t the world that changed; it was I.

Just a thought you may want to consider.

Oh, please don't misunderstand me.

I accept the label because it allows us to continue the conversation,
but I reject all the baggage associated with it.

For instance, does bragging prove anything?
Then neither does being called a loser.

We seem to be in the area of "reputation space"
where one plays to the audience more than addressing the ideas.

And inside "reputation space" the current zeit geist
is that sexual celibacy is a heinous crime to be treated
by professional care providers.

I wish very much to put the whole premise to question.

Is virginity valueless?
Even from the perspective of our genes?

Or to ask the question another way...

Either money is about food or it is about sex.
Which paradigm do you suspect we are swimming in now.

David Grouchy

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
It's time to whip out a book recommendation. I know it's not the best book but it kinda sorta does fit in to this.

The Art of Loving - Erich Fromm

Don't criticize just read and make up your own conclusions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join