It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some advice from fellow ATS'ers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hello, My name is David I am currently 17 living in England and I am in a situation that needs some advice.
When I left secondary school I did nothing for a year, basically passed my driving test travelled a fair bit and met some amazing people while travelling. It is now September I have been enrolled into college but this is wear this tricky bit kicks in... I have alopecia have done for 7 years I wear a hat every day to get through my fears. College for 1 year costs £450 GBP I am studying Public Services. This course does not pay EMA so I am stuck in a situation and need advice on whether this college would be worth it for a year?. I am moving to Orlando Flordia(keys) with my family when I turn 18, So is there any need to waste my parents money for 1 year?...Bare in mind trying to wear a hat for 9 hours a day is kind of a big deal for someone like me, Never got on in school either.

I would like some advice guys/girls personal experience or idea's that may suit me?.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
my advice is go shadow someone for a year, in MOST cases it is 100% better than school

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SieMa

Personally I'd save the money if it's only going to be for one year, look for a part time or permanent job for 12 months and SAVE SOME MONEY.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Is shaving your head completely out of the question? How about a buzz cut?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Google alopecia areta or Gale porter, I'm in the same boat :/... And thanks guys I never actually thought about shadowing I shall look into it for sure.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SieMa

I'm a med student bro and never be ashamed of your condition man! But yeah, definitely save money, try and go out and get some experience, so when you are 18, you'll start school, at the right age and the right time =D

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I would just go with it and shave your head....a lot of women think it's sexy....I'm being serious!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
I would just go with it and shave your head....a lot of women think it's sexy....I'm being serious!

I'm proof

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Yes you are
I was being serious.....I know a lot of my friends (myself included) think it's attractive.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

The only reason I comment, is that I was in the pub with a close friend the other day and he was talking about me growing my hair, I told him in no uncertain terms that I liked it the way it is and it's going to stay that way, in his drunken state he decided to ask the young lady behind the bar (who was particularly good looking), she immediately told my pal that she preferred my head looking the way it was.

His reaction was priceless

Don't worry about it OP, a shaven head is a good look and easier to maintain, good luck

ETA: and thank you missus

edit on 20/9/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

You're welcome. It's really true...I thought Brad Pitt looked so good when he shaved his head....and I agree...you look good like that too!

OP....I hope you take this seriously...go with who you are, you don't have to change for ANYONE!

top topics

join