It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler and his dreams of an Ubermensch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
There's something I've been wondering about for a long time and recently - while reading a novel about this subject - I was thinking maybe someone on ATS can give me an answer.

Hitler and his Nazis wanted to create a race of blue eyed, blond people: Ariens.

They wanted these people intelligent, strong, long, athletic etc. etc.

From all I read this was a big issue with those Nazi's.
They also adored their leader Hitler.

Now I've seen a lot of pictures of Hitler and nowhere he looked long, strong, athletic, let alone blond and blue eyed.

How could those Nazi's adore (and follow) such a small, dark looking man and at the same time consider the opposite type as the Ubermensch.

Can anyone explain to me how these two thing go together?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by notsosunny

Do as I say, not how I look.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by notsosunny

Hitler was not a german.
Anyway it is hard to imagine how people have thought and felt in those days.
People must have known of the crimes that were happening. So what were they thinking then?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Nearly all of the top Nazi officials fit nowhere near the ideal Aryan. I guess it's a case of hating qualities other people have that you see in yourself.

Victor Frankl, a psychoanalyst, wrote a book about Hitler, "The Pathology of Evil". He thinks Hitler's racist and demented philosophy stemmed from his own self-loathing. For instance, the Nazis passed a law forbidding Gnetiles to work as domestic servants in Jewish homes. Well, Hitler's paternal grandmother was a maid for a Jewish family, the Frankenbergers. She became pregnant, and the family sent her money regularly (hint hint).

Someone in the family probably impregnated her, so Hitler was part Jewish. The law was Hitler's way of making sure another Adolf Hitler was never born. It's all just conjecture, but it's an interesting read!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsosunny

Hitler and his Nazis wanted to create a race of blue eyed, blond people: Ariens.

They wanted these people intelligent, strong, long, athletic etc. etc.

First, I'm not so sure about the veracity of the blue eyed, blond people thing. I know many people say that...but that doesn't really mean it's true.

The second part is what I believe to be the truth. The most important characteristic would have been intelligence. And Hitler had a lot of that. He was a genius, and that's a fact. I strongly disagree with his beliefs, opinions, and actions, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a genius.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by timi0000

I heard about his being being part Jewish and indeed,that could explain his acts.

And there is no doubt that he was very intelligent. And charismatic.

But that still doesn't explain why so many people (and not the most stupid)were so fanatical about this.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by timi0000

Sounds like an interesting book indeed.
Hope I can find it.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I suppose people didn't care for his looks, but for what ideas he brought to the table.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I think his Aryan "superman" was an ideal for the future.
However, there was apparently a lot of propaganda at the time, which did paint posters and images of him with blue eyes.
The Germanic people were themselves placed into higher and lower categories that needed "adjustment", or a perfect ethnic recipe.

At first maybe people didn't notice, but later there were reports of women swooning over his blue eyes, so there must have been some auto-suggestion or self-hypnosis at play, although few would have seen Hitler as close as some pictures today imply (he was very paranoid for good reason, since there were constant assassination attempts).
It appears that he may have considered himself a vessel, but a poor specimen, which is why he didn't have kids.
Actually most of his henchmen were poor specimens, but the next generation were to be better.

He was really a very withdrawn dictator after gaining power, and all public images were strictly censored.

Once people have faith in something they also tend to convince themselves.
Just like many Christians today believe that a bunch of pedophiles, frauds, adulterers, war-mongers and "closet" queens run their moral religion, and even perform miracles!
Go figure.
edit on 20-9-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
The most important characteristic would have been intelligence. And Hitler had a lot of that. He was a genius, and that's a fact. I strongly disagree with his beliefs, opinions, and actions, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a genius.

I doubt that. You don't start/ lead a war on two fronts.

As for the OP's questions, Hitler even wanted to create a capital city called "Germania" which was supposed to have all geniuses, scientists and "Übermenschen" located there. The so called "Übermensch" was supposed to be a super-human, to create a "superior race" and eventually to create "Supersoldaten" (super soldiers). All of that stuff is content in German history class.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

nice to get a reply from someone in Germany.

Are the history books in Germany really giving an objective view of WWll?
That would be great because Japan is still omitting a lot.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsosunny
reply to post by Dalbeck

nice to get a reply from someone in Germany.

Are the history books in Germany really giving an objective view of WWll?
That would be great because Japan is still omitting a lot.

Hi notsosunny,

yes, the history books and class is actually giving an objective view of WW2, in fact there are a lot of books and videos shown to the pupils with uncensored content of the Holocausts and KZsm starving people etc you name it.

I think it's good to show it to the younger ones (I think beginning in the 7th or 8th grade) so that nothing the same can be repeated.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The most ironic part is that Hitler is from Jewish descent. He had his geneological record fabricated in some instances, although I believe there was still some tell-tale detail that was overlooked. I just remember reading about this a while back. As to why everyone followed him...

He started out attempting to infiltrate the party to help others in their work against it. But soon he found himself enamored with it, and joined. He moved up through the ranks until he became the leader of the party. Basically he created a false flag event, and then "coerced" the president to give him more power, and eventually he established himself as a dictator.

It is important to remember through all of that time, he was using propaganda on his people. He also stimulated a horrible post WWI economy, basically by rebuilding their devastated military. So people really did love him. Back in the early 90's I remember something being discussed that went something like this: my aunt's grandmother lived in Germany during WWII, and my aunt grew up there. She died in the 90's, but whenever the subject came up, she swore Hitler was the savior of Germany, and that all the bad stuff was simply fabricated to help bring him down and destroy his legacy..

Of course most evidence shows that this is not entirely true, but this serves to illustrate the level of dedication that most of the populace had for the guy. Looking back it is quite easy to say they made a huge mistake, but honestly I do not think at that time they could have predicted just how ambitiously insane he actually was. It is not that he was insane, but rather ideological to an extreme degree. It was just unfortunate that some with those goals and morals was able to gain control of an entire nation's military powers.

Hitler is one of the reasons I say that most politiicians are either out for themselves, or they have illusions of grandeur and seek power over others. I say this because normal people do not seek power over other people to that degree. I think that goes beyond ambition. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is my opinion.

join