It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Song idea (need input)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
rough song idea. not structured at all. input would be greatly appreciated

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
it needs to be longer and have words............other than that i liked it, not sure what else to say

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by peanutman27

thanks bud...yeah i just wanted to see what people thought of the idea of the song..im gonna finish..just started, so ill continue posting progress in this thread

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hey man, I really like the sound of it so far. I'm actually currently jamming along to it on my geeetar (you have to spell it like that because of your awesome lead guitar tone)

If I had to offer my ideas, I would maybe change the second snare hit in each measure. I think that it creates a bit too much of an offbeat feel which might disrupt the flow of the intro.
To put it in another way: When you nod your head along to the song, the first snare comes when you drop your head, the second one comes when you lift your head. In my opinion, you would want the snares to be on the drops, rather than the ups. Personal preference

Nice work, I'm off to jam some more

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
What it needs is simple:

First you let the guitar and all these cruel dissonances away ( I figure they are generated by pulling dried animal guts that are attached to a wooden board of some sort )

Then you start from the scratch, add a basedrum, base loop, percussions and hihat .. and then you set up an array of synths for some melodic stuff .. maybe some TB303 style acid elements .. and THEN you might be getting somewhere.

I can only speak for my definition of aural pleasure of course, but since you asked ..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

LOL

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Needs more cowbell !

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I think your song sounds really great, just finish it! I love that lead guitar, did you play it all by yourself?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

yeah..its way different now

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I think you should add an instrument that makes you stand out. Your idea seems a bit recycled. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but think outside of the box. Try maybe even to fuse another genre of music to make a unique style.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by religiousmurder

thank..i don't mind if anyone think there opinion sounds harsh..i love all the input from you guys!..thank you, for taking your time to listen to it! cheers!

new topics

top topics

join