It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS MEDIA BLACKOUT on Occupy wall street event

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Okay so I know there are a few posts already out there on this issue.. BUT there is an URGENT need to create a more prominent post about WHY the media is not reporting the violent arrests that occurred just a few hours ago, let alone the whole event since Saturday

www.occupywallst.org... is reporting that their media team which was broadcasting a stream of the event have all been arrested. Since media is not reporting, this was their sole means to be heard and be visible. We are now dependant on individuals who still have their cameras and cell phones to upload their videos and pics and blogs for new news. The COPS are outnumbering the protestors 10 to 1 and using violence instead of dialogue. IS THIS WHAT YOU FATHERS AND FOREFATHERS FOUGHT FOR IN ALL THE WARS???? These people aren't terrorists they're you an me, yearning to be heard by real people! YET THE MEDIA and TPTB are so SCARE YOU WILL FIND OUT they feel the need to black them out.

The cops took away their signs, bull horns, tarps, food, shelters and are corralling them more and more..

There was more info on the covering of Egypt’s revolution a mere few months ago, more than 1/2 a world away and their media was also exercising a black out. YET we applauded how they people found a way to empower themselves through twitter and facebook.. Problem is, here the government have also banned the hash tags #Occupywallstreet and any derivation of it.. Any facebook or streaming site is being systematically shut down.

I beg you all to write to write to your local paper's Editors in chief and hold them accountable to report the news on the wall street occupation. Take the info you find here in this post and make it viral, send to your friends, your neighbours, HELL EVEN YOUR GRANDPARENTS!!! THEY KNEW HOW TO PROTEST! and the government knows how many seniors vote! THE WORLD MUST KNOW!

Find more official info here:

occupywallst.org...

Thank you and may you all live free!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Re post and no, there isn't a media blackout conspiracy on this event.
Also,no, there isn't a media blackout conspiracy on this event.

And lastly, no, there isn't a media blackout conspiracy on this event.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
To be honest, this is nothing new, after a few days, this is what the police/swat do. I'm sorry this is all happening but just like I said before, standing there protesting isn't going to do anything.

"The only difference between what I do and what the government does is they have more weapons, men, and money"

~Al Capone~

Nothing is going to change by standing there with a sign.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iiquiringmind
WHY the media is not reporting the violent arrests that occurred just a few hours ago, let alone the whole event since Saturday

How about the Wall Street Journal?
If anyone wanted to cover it up, surely they would.
7 more arrests at Wall Street protest

And there are seriously hundreds of other media stories about it.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

WHY the media is not reporting the violent arrests that occurred just a few hours ago, let alone the whole event since Saturday

How about the Wall Street Journal?
If anyone wanted to cover it up, surely they would.
7 more arrests at Wall Street protest

And there are seriously hundreds of other media stories about it.

THERE ARE NO REPORTERS THERE! how can you say that? What are they reporting? police scanners thats what!

SHOW ME ONE LIVE NEWS CLIP FROM TODAY. ...exactly
edit on 20-9-2011 by Iiquiringmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
and also twitter is working here with the hashtags.

so yeah...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Iiquiringmind

What exactly is it they are supposed to be reporting? I'm tired of putting up the links of street photos of the "protest" but if that is a protest, I'm Daffy Duck. A few dozen kids in a park on their laptops and Iphones does not a protest make. It's kinda sad, actually. If media DOES begin focusing on this, I seriously doubt the people involved will appreciate the angle such coverage will likely follow, given the real situation.....or LACK of it...on Wall Street.

By the way...Someone needs to introduce many of those folks down there to a new invention they came out with. Gotta love American ingenuity. It's called the disposable razor. They may find better results with the public and media when they don't look like they've been without shower or basic hygiene for a lot longer than the protest has been going for.

edit on 20-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Iiquiringmind

What exactly is it they are supposed to be reporting? I'm tired of putting up the links of street photos of the "protest" but if that is a protest, I'm Daffy Duck. A few dozen kids in a park on their laptops and Iphones does not a protest make. It's kinda sad, actually. If media DOES begin focusing on this, I seriously doubt the people involved will appreciate the angle such coverage will likely follow, given the real situation.....or LACK of it...on Wall Street.

By the way...Someone needs to introduce many of those folks down there to a new invention they came out with. Gotta love American ingenuity. It's called the disposable razor. They may find better results with the public and media when they don't look like they've been without shower or basic hygiene for a lot longer than the protest has going for.

Perhaps you need a lesson in optics.. you think anyone will feel the plight of wealthy looking people? perhaps you only want to see successful people protesting.. meanwhile the poor, the famished and diseased begging for actually help are ignored by the hospital becasue they can't afford the health insurance they need to avoid being sick inorder to work in the first place.. maybe you want to hear about millions who are indebted to the gilsl and have no viable way out of their misery because they owe it all to some banker sipping martinis on the top floor. If peopl have money, they'd pay for taxes, which in turn would pay for the social system they need to provide the basics.

Man. I'm not even american and I can see the bull crap you guys are generting by supporting and/or ignoring the elite corruption.. and its spreading to my country via Harper (AKA in Barack's backpocket) government..

You're going to love their next phase.. joining Canada, the US and MExico as one nation..and forcing the AMERO on us..

Hope you guys like Beans and maple syrup with your bread and water .. oh and we're coming for your jobs too. Enjoy. We're used to working for peanuts for pay..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah
Re post and no, there isn't a media blackout conspiracy on this event.
Also,no, there isn't a media blackout conspiracy on this event.

And lastly, no, there isn't a media blackout conspiracy on this event.

Well I would agree with you to a certain extent. There are a few stories here and there but nothing really coming from the Big National MSM outlets, the very same outlets who will spend weeks on nonsense, like the Casey Anthony trial. You would think they would jump all over this, but then you remember who they serve and reporting this does not support their or their superiors agenda. Then again, I don't watch Fox, CNN, MSNBC nor do I visit their websites, so I could be dead wrong, but I went onto Google, typed in Wall Street protest, hit the News section, and came up with little. RT news is covering this though
and small regional MSM outlets have titles like this,

Why Does Mainstream Media Ignore Progressive Protest? | The Atlanta Post

atlantapost.com...

Here's a few examples

rt.com...

www.abc6onyourside.com...

www.thestreet.com...

Occupy Wall Street – America’s own Arab Spring?

But I'm not surprised. Rarely does the National MSM cover American protests, and when they do they lie about it to make it fit their agendas.

CNN Wants This Video Banned (SEE WHY)

So in conclusion National MSM is most likely purposely ignoring this event, as usual.

edit on 20-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If it's not tptb's dream, it ain't going on the screen.

It's a simple as that.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I have a feeling this "event" isn't as big as people are making it out to be on the forums. Maybe they're not covering it because its not worth covering if only 100 people came.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I changed my mind. One last shot for those who missed them.

The Actual Wall Street "Protest" - Set #1

The Actual Wall Street "Protest" - Set #2

Funny....but it would seem the optics were working very well indeed. A bit too well, if I might add. There are times when the age of HD photography really isn't the best thing after all. Cryptome isn't MSM, and in fact, that is precisely why it's on my short list of sites that get checked at least once a day. They tend to just put out what exists...and decide for yourself what you think. They way it should be, in my view.

They also have a full 'Protest Series' they are maintaining there which show the same street level amateur photos of Syria, Egypt, Tunisia, Israel and other locations in the very recent past if one might want a comparison to Wall Street. I know those were in my mind as I laughed at what people there called a 'Day of Rage'.

Oh... One other quick note.. I don't expect rich people in Italian suits to be protesting Wall Street. However, there is a matter of basic self respect. Not you, OP, but the folks in some of these pictures. Hygiene isn't about making public statements but making one's own self healthy and acceptable in the presence of others. Lack of it generally hurts someone's point or cause long before their first words are even heard.

Just my thoughts...and with that I believe I'll head on to other topics and leave this one be. The NYPD has insured this little event is coming to a close anyway. Better luck next "Protest".

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Elsek

or maybe its worth covering, but the TPTB are preventing it from being covered in the 1st place.

Show me ONE news team covering this protest.. be it to confirm the actual numbers of people gathered or report that its too small to be worth reporting.. I SEE NEITHER ! what I do see is protestors trying to get the word out and being silenced.

All I see is keystone cops preventing the people from exercising their freedowms and liberties...

We even have a law firm doing pro-bono work to protect the arrested and are about to go to a judge to return the tents and tarps the protesters had for shelter.. I.e. BASIC RIGHTS!

edit on 20-9-2011 by Iiquiringmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thank you .. and sadly I'm also starting to think they better regroup and try again... learn from their mistakes.. we need to get seniors who were real protesters out again to teach the younger generation how to fight for their rights..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
What media black out? I saw this covered on a few major news channels.
And I was there on the second day, there is absolutely nothing to cover.
The police were friendly and nice and the people were nice, its like everyone gathered for tea and biscuits rather than a protest or demonstration. They did have a bunch of signs though, and I did take pictures.

img696.imageshack.us...
img641.imageshack.us...
img832.imageshack.us...
img190.imageshack.us...

I have a lot more where that came from and some video's
If this is still going on I can get more footage, maybe we need is more people. =/

edit on 20-9-2011 by OmegaOwl because: Sorry about that guys, the pictures are too big so I just posted the URL

edit on 20-9-2011 by OmegaOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaOwl
What media black out? I saw this covered on a few major news channels.

To use a saying I've seen used here by other posters.. Link or it didn't happen. I saw one fluff peice by CNN yesterday. NO ONE was actually on site asking questions or filming..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Welcome to the world of being dismissed by MSM

A Tea Partier

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsek
I have a feeling this "event" isn't as big as people are making it out to be on the forums. Maybe they're not covering it because its not worth covering if only 100 people came.

It definitely isn't as big as it wanted to be. I've read crazy numbers like an attendance of 20,000 to 50,000 people, but reports have said at least 1000 people showed up, maybe even a little more. But that's no excuse to not cover it. I figured real journalist are in it for the story and this is definitely a story no matter how big you think it is. Now does it need to be covered like the Casey Anthony trial? No, but it is definitely something to talk about and I guess they aren't talking at all.

Has anyone seen any reports of this on the national MSM networks? I don't watch them so I have no clue what it on their channels.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Batgirl was there! I wish they took more pictures of the protest signs.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Thank you .. and sadly I'm also starting to think they better regroup and try again... learn from their mistakes.. we need to get seniors who were real protesters out again to teach the younger generation how to fight for their rights..

You wanna know how to be successful at this? Keep coming back to protest. I think many people thought some huge turn out was gonna happen Saturday and I guess from it big changes were occur within a few days. Well, even if 50,000 people did show up on the first day and came back Monday it wouldn't change anything, not immediately anyway. For this to take effect these protest must endure overtime. Tell Wall Street, we may not be many right now but we're not leaving anytime soon. It will be hard during the week, because people have lives, but on the weekends (or any day off whenever it is) come back to protest again and again, and if people can do it during the week, no matter how small, trust me it will only help. And over time there could be a snowball effect with more turn outs week after week. But either way, if we the people are persistent the MSM will have to cover this.

To win this game you gotta look at the big picture. You win this in the long run. If anyone thought a few days of protests was gonna do anything then they live in la la land.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join