It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all shooters out there, DONT buy this scope!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I bought a NCStar scope from this company, a 4-14x50mm, 30mm tube, and mounted it on a .308 rifle. It was a fairly nice clear sight picture for the money (about $95). After about 120 rounds, the rear ocular backed off the end of the scope tube due to recoil. (First of all, .308 isnt a really superpowerful round, and any scope out there should be able to take an unlimited amount of that kind of recoil.)

The company claims to have a lifetime warranty. I packaged it up, along with a copy of the receipt and shipped it back to the company. They called me up and said that there is no way that normaly usage could have caused this kind of damage. They told me it looked like I had hit it with a hammer, and I would NOT be getting it repaired or replaced.

So, if you are a shooter and in the market for new optics, DO NOT buy from this company. Once they get your money, the warranty is about as useful as toilet paper.

www.ncstar.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hey bro,

Contact the better business bureau and file a complaint. Also write a letter to the CEO of the company and copy the president of the company you bought the scope from (kmart, etc.) saying you reported them.. I'd be surprised if you didn't get some action.

Tough luck

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:27 AM
link   
...ahhhh snap! Funny you should mention this (well, not funny as in haha funny, but you know)...have a hunting buddy with a similar scope fitted on a .270, so certainly NOT anywhere near the recoil of the .308 you're using...and yep...his lasted about a year before suffering the same fate...

...crap gear indeed...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Buy a Zeiss ! Nothing beat a Zeiss.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Buy a Zeiss ! Nothing beat a Zeiss. Posted by Ultra Phoenix

Sadly, I agree. You get what you pay for. Should have known not to get it in the first place.

Just dont make the same mistake I did!

top topics

join