It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canton PD Notification Arrest & Officer Conduct: Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Canton PD Notification Arrest & Officer Conduct

www.ohioccw.org

It's being called "The cop heard 'round the world"... This Canton Concealed Carry arrest is a perfect example of why the law on "mandatory notification" needs to be changed quickly.

This video is real life evidence of a re-occurring problem in Ohio law with gun owners: The poorly defined "promptly inform" law leaves a gaping opportunity for police officers to cite a gun owner with a misdemeanor when they can't find anything else to charge that person with, or when they want to make
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 20-9-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
youtu.be...
Ohioans for Concealed Carry has just posted this Dash Cam vid... no doubt this one will soon go viral ...
Note lots of cussing... and threats from the officer... this guy really lost his cool... and his lack of professionalism could have gotten him killed..
Canton Police announced Thursday 7/21 that the officer was relieved of all duties in June following an internal investigation complaint filed in this matter.

The Canton Repository reported that the Disciplinary Hearing was postponed until December 1st. The criminal charges against William Bartlett remain to be pursued by the City of Canton, with a trial still scheduled for October 6th, 2011. A suppression hearing is scheduled for September 28th, where the defense will request unknown evidence to be suppressed from the trial on grounds unknown to OFCC at this time.

www.ohioccw.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry, keep up the good work tho!
edit on 9/20/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
not much to say, some people just cant handle power

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I am convinced that any policeman under the age of 40 is 'just' like this one. Same mold. They no longer can diffuse a situation and resort to violence because they are hiring brawn and not brains. I don't care what sort of watered down criminal justice degree they wave around, strip them of their badges and there isn't a single rocket scientist candidate among the uniformed gorillas likely to hassle you for daring to live on the same planet that they do.

They are all the same.

Once more police supporters in a group chant "It's just a few bad apples!!!"
Like we have never heard that excuse before.
Just like we have never heard "they were following procedures" Or the older singular version "I was just following orders." Didn't work in the second half of the 1940s and in the very near future it won't work either.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry, keep up the good work tho!
edit on 9/20/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

No issue here, one story is Breaking News, the other a regular forum, feel free to post in either one

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I viewed this video a while back, I believe here on ATS.

It is quite shocking and embarrassing to hear this "officer" lose his cool.
We are seeing all too many situations where LEO's abuse their power.

But it's a power struggle.
LEO's must realize they don't hold much power. (although they think to the contrary)
And they should respect all people.
Until proven guilty.

Unfortunately there is an increase in abusive LEO's and this is one of many videos.

I also believe there will be an increase in tensions between civilians and LEO's...
Just because of the daily loss of freedoms and rights that are occuring.
Also because of the people actually knowing their rights by doing real research.
Instead of blindly following what they are "told".

edit on 20-9-2011 by havok because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
seriously totally 100 percent SNAFU

cop to the drive :dont speak

waits and waits and waits

cop loses it you should have told me

cuss cuss cuss

close to caving in your blank head........

yeah no excuses needs fired.

top topics

join