It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else looking forward to RAGE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think this game looks great although my opinion has changed a few times.
The release date has been pushed back several times but is now set at 7th October for the UK.

From the people that brought us Doom and Quake.... and the graphics look absolutely stunning.

If you're in the UK, you can pre-order this for £34.99 at Blockbuster.

If you're gonna just watch one trailer, watch the first one

edit on 20/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Had this pre-ordered for months now...Bethesda is my gaming house of Joy... They seem to have taken the best parts of, Doom, Bioshock, Borderlands, and Fallout, then making a beautiful world with some excellent storyline.

I have been a gamer since I could hold a joystick...that's right JOYstick, I ordered this for PS3 but I may get a version for 360 as well just because I have a ton of friends over there that will be grouping to play. My wife, only likes games like this, hates COD and any game where the action isn't quit bloody enough, she saw the trailers the other night and wants to buy it tomorrow... ahh the joys of having a woman that loves watching gaming...doesn't skeeze on my friends list while i'm away and buys me new games

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanternOfDiogenes
Had this pre-ordered for months now...Bethesda is my gaming house of Joy... They seem to have taken the best parts of, Doom, Bioshock, Borderlands, and Fallout, then making a beautiful world with some excellent storyline.

I know, everyone is saying that It's Borderlands + Fallout.... but I see Bioshock in there, several other games.
This does look epic.

I have been a gamer since I could hold a joystick...that's right JOYstick,

Oh same as that man...

I had an Atari 2600.... with Pong and whatever that racing game was

An Amstrad CPC 464 which was their version of the Spectrum 128k

A Sega Master System

A Nintendo nGame-Boy

A Sega Mega-Drive

A Commodore Amiga 600

A Sega Mega-CD (Attachment for the megadrive, Never got the 32x)

A Playstation (Swapped my Alien Workshop skateboard for it in about 96/97)

An Xbox

A PSP (ended up selling)

And now an Xbox 360

And I still have almost all of these in the loft somewhere....

edit on 20/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
this game will rule, these kinds of game are my addiction.....and i need my fix

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Rage looks great, I doubt my crap pc can run it at anywhere near max settings tho
Im actually getting quite desperate to upgrade my pc for this, skyrim and battlefield 3

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yeah if its post apocalyptic, in the desert, and has anytype of vehicle in it, it's going to get accused of that...I judge game for game, I expected much more from Borderlands...not that it wasn't fun, but I just hoped for I dont know.. more? I guess.

I have a hard fast rule of games, If you can code water droplets to hit and streak your screen and it looks real...... I am in

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Wow this looks brillant i cant believe i haven't heard of this, its going on my 'to get list' for sure.

Is this from ID because it reminds me of there style, and doom 2 i played online for years and that was my second favourite game ever.

One thing i like is that there seems to be abit of strategy involved.
One thing i dont like is the turret they use in the trailler, it reminds me of borderlands, while it was a decent game the turret was use stupid and made things easy.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ugghh My ps3 got stolen like 3 months ago...... I wasn't so worried about it because Rage seemed so far off and there was nothing else besides that and ES5 I wanted to play........ Now I'm scrambling to find a new ps3 for a decent price on craigslist, the release date just keeps creeping up, and i'm sad i might not be able to play.......

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Ooops wrong response sorry about your PS3 man that sucks.... I hate it when my console dies..

edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CharterZZ

It is an Id Bethesda joint... why it is going to kick @$$

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I'm not sure what this game is all about.
Is it an openworld thing like Fallout3? But more like Borderlands? Or if Bethesda done Borderlands?
Whats with the racing? Is that the only multiplayer mode?

At the moment i'm playing Dead Island, but after that i want to get back into Brink, (also by Bethesda).

What are the gameplay details? I can't view vids here.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Here ya go....

LINK TO RAGE

Also this

interviews.teamxbox.com...
edit on 21/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
After reading the interview it does like like it may be good.
Maybe like the game I wanted Borderlands to be.
I do think they should have made a straight co-op story mode though, or drop in drop out play, this co-op mode they do have sounds very arcade-ish, just run and shoot through the level.

I will probably get this but only after the price drop. Seems like there are some far more in depth games coming our way.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Preordered like a month ago.

Riddle me this..
I hit a minus sign nxt to thread title and now video games forum doesnt come up in recent post.

Y u no like me ats?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Preordered Rage and another game dark souls for the PS3 months ago, and both are going to rock and both come out at the same time on 10/4/2011.

Now its just a matter of waiting for the countdown of days, till release date. Tick tock, tick tock it's slowly getting there.

I don't usually play first person shooters unless they have a good online competitive mode, and usually only online mode now a days, but for rage I made an exception, not only is the game the best looking I have seen, but it promises, and it looks like it will deliver on the story mode game-play side as well. And if the online is good or even decent then it will probably make the best game of 2011, or one of the best.

Really all you have to do is watch the vids in the op, and how can you not be pumped for this game. Once October 4th hits, its going to be hard to leave my room, for anything but bathroom and necessities.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
reply to post by blupblup

Really all you have to do is watch the vids in the op, and how can you not be pumped for this game.

Because between Fallout 3 and Borderlands, I've seen all this before.
It seems all they have that is new is ammo mods.
I'm just not that excited for it.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Sounds like your just burned out on the whole genre of first person shooter/rpg/action game, I know it happened to me months ago with all the call of duty's and halos and fallout's. Though I think rage will be better then both fallout 3 and borderlands. When you get burned out even the coolest games, dont do it no more.

I'f I were you I would try Dark Souls, its coming out on the same day, and its more of an old school dark action rpg, the kind that keeps you coming back for more, after all the deaths you had.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It looks really good, but I'll give it some time for the initial price to drop a bit, see how it does.

I hate buying a game for almost $50, then, by the time I get to play it, it's gone down to $30. It's more the principle than the money, I mean, if they can afford to sell if for $30, why fleece the customer? Just seems unethical.

top topics

join