It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CTV Cancels Ad over Saudi Pressure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

eye of newt sales are up 600% in the past month alone...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
CTV are a bunch of cowards. They should have told the Saudis to STICK IT.

And since the Saudis did this, they should have GIVEN the ad to all the competitive networks FOR FREE and played the ad OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR WEEKS just to show them to not screw with Canada.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Konstantinos

On a personal point of view, yes, I would endorse the use of oil-sands extraction over sending our $ to Saudi Arabia, and I think many more compatriots and even Americans would agree with me.

Since when do 2 wrongs make a right? Sorry, the correct response is neither is good.

It is unacceptable for a foreign country to try and squash freedom of speech in Canada.
The tar sands project has gathered scorn from around the world for good reason.

The only good answer is to end our dependency on oil from anywhere. I agree wholeheartedly with avoiding Saudi oil for the reasons given. I also would agree with avoiding tar sands oil too.

The so-called anti Saudi add is bogus propaganda to support an equally dirty operation in Alberta. You should see this.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm surprised by this outcome. Considering how gung ho Team Harper is when it comes to promoting the Athabasca oil sands, I would have expected a more extensive anti-Saudi media campaign.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Very good points, but this whole fiasco has made me question what exactly is behind the oppposition to the oil-sands initiative?
Is it truly because it's an environmental danger? Or is there OPEC back-funding to try and squash potential competition?
It may be a much more tangled web than we perceive...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Ah the beauty of Canada. Yes we have oil and damn plenty of it
we will use it, and we will sell it , that is what this resource is for, it's part in our survival, and a stepping stone to alternative energy. There is more about than just the oppression of women in SA, the concept of the thread I believe is the attempt from the Saudi's to oppress our own rights and freedoms. To anyone who believes that Saudi Arabia isn't in this for financial reasons as well as Canada is dillusional.

The sleeping giant ( Oh Canada) has been a QUIET thorn in the Saudi's side for years, they are well aware of the oil we have, the environmental stance we hold( yes we are green friendly), and how we assert ourselves in looking for new technology. They have every reason to worry! Good for Sun News Network for keeping this story alive and good for Ethical Oil for creating our " Once upon a time".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join