It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall St. Video of violent arrests today 9/20

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ARealandTrueAmerican

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by Swills

violence is the answer when it comes to ridding the world of the tyrany that controls it, becaus we all know tptb wont actually listen to peacefull protests. nothing good will come from it apart from raising awarness
we must fight
or we are going to loose our freedoms very soon

edit on 20-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

Not too familiar with world history?

Violent revolutions only end up being as bad as those they overthrew.

what about the French and the American revolution?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by omarm1984

Given the photo series I've been watching out of the Wall Street "occupation", I'm going to guess the NYPD figured they were given Saturday, Sunday and even Monday to be fools down there and give the tourists a spectacle to gawk at. Enough is Enough at some point though. If it'd been a real protest? Sounds good... The photo series doesn't show a protest though, they show a bunch of middle-upper class kids trying to recreate their concept of what they think the 1960's must have been like or something.

Sorry if some people were rooting for this to 'be something' but it appears it never was. People just can't set up and camp out wherever they please, for however long they please. Society wouldn't work very well for very long with that going on just so kids can feel special and get some TV time. I think Ill conceived would be a fair description of the whole idea.

edit on 20-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

you've come into several related threads and pissed on people who are doing something. you're merely showing us all you can't even give keyboard support from the warmth of Mom's basement. i'm not saying these people in this gathering are changing the world, but i give credit where it is due. they are doers. sleeping on a NYC street takes more courage than you imagine. giving up the luxury of hanging at home with the stocked fridge and the john just down the hall shows some spirit. just as for a child that tosses 25 cents into a Salvation Army bucket, i applaud their humanity and their spirit. would you feel better about yourself if these young people got shot by government hired goons like the unarmed peaceful protest college students at Kent State did so long ago? they are putting themselves in peril. read the news, we've got unarmed citizens being tazed and shot by LEO's every week across this country for doing less than protesting.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

people please have a look at this
www.abovetopsecret.com...
it is a plan that tries to account for everyones views in this issue
we can make change
we can rid the world of evil

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
so many people so quick to defend the cops or put down the protesters with some preconceived personal opinion, the "kids" must be "yuppy liberals" blah blah blah

Conservative and Liberal, D & R are products we have been sold, divide and conquer at its best. And its worked brilliantly.

Maybe people are just getting sick and tired of the Tyranny, the greed, the corruption? No it couldnt be right?
Must be something else...

People need to wake up and take a look in the mirror. Take some personal responsibility and realize that this machine, this system doesnt care about the people at all, it is in place for Control over the masses and nothing more.

Even if they didnt have a permit to protest.... thats permission with a paid fee , not a right, which means you are not free.

Denial, Pretending things dont exist or justifying and trying to rationalize the actions of the jack boot thugs dragging protesters away while guarding the financial ponzi scheme district of the Elite who profit at the expense of anyone... wake up
edit on 20-9-2011 by awakened1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm not a violent individual, but i gotta say, the peaceful protest arguments are almost laughable.

Here's what TPTB think of peaceful protests: "Let them march all they want, as long as they continue to pay their taxes." --Alexander Haig, US Secretary of State (1981-1989)

If you really want want to win this fight peacefully it's simple. Put your signs away, go back home, relax, and STOP paying your taxes. Of course it wouldn't work unless everybody did it which means it'll probably never work. Because even if it were well organized and everybody was onboard there are still way too many spineless wimpy pussies out there that would be too scared to stand up and say I've had enough! For them, losing all their freedoms and being abused by their government is a small price to pay for the privilege of having satellite TV, shopping malls on every corner and plenty of sports teams and celebrities to gossip about. They don't want to rock that boat.

No worries though, there's always the violent revolution option which wouldn't require everybody. Or you could just get rich so all this nonsense doesn't bother you as much. They haven't taken that right away from us yet. Then you could use your money and power and sense of right and wrong to influence lawmakers to actually abide by the constitution instead of using it as a door mat to wipe their feet on. Or hire a band of ninjas to eliminate the roots of these problems, your choice.

The only good thing I see from all this is it demonstrates that more people are starting to wake up, which is a step in the right direction anyway.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Venomilk

edit: Where is your sense of Wonderment and Adventure !? The Magic that is sentience.
What you have just pointed out is large scale apathy.

Anon kiddies wanting more rights and to not be treated as servants and to let their voice be heard..

I'm not talking about the protestors I'm talking about every single citizen of Said Country or if I had it my way every single person on the planet right this instant but I am just the Messenger.

But fret not a Gargantuan Paradigm shift is taking place and once it comes to a head well.. we will live in a Magical world..

Every human being has heard my voice.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 20-9-2011 by Gestas because: Wake up.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Given the photo series I've been watching out of the Wall Street "occupation", I'm going to guess the NYPD figured they were given Saturday, Sunday and even Monday to be fools down there and give the tourists a spectacle to gawk at. Enough is Enough at some point though. If it'd been a real protest? Sounds good... The photo series doesn't show a protest though, they show a bunch of middle-upper class kids trying to recreate their concept of what they think the 1960's must have been like or something.

Sorry if some people were rooting for this to 'be something' but it appears it never was. People just can't set up and camp out wherever they please, for however long they please. Society wouldn't work very well for very long with that going on just so kids can feel special and get some TV time. I think Ill conceived would be a fair description of the whole idea.

edit on 20-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Just a couple questions, Einstein:

First, what does their socio-economic status have to do with anything, secondly, by what authority do you determine the means by which somebody protests? People can have a sit-in, hunger strike, march, chant, pray, whatever the hell they want. Because it doesn't emulate your self-important vision of what a protest is means absolutely nothing to me and probably the rest of humanity. Get over yourself.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by omarm1984

Originally posted by ARealandTrueAmerican

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by Swills

violence is the answer when it comes to ridding the world of the tyrany that controls it, becaus we all know tptb wont actually listen to peacefull protests. nothing good will come from it apart from raising awarness
we must fight
or we are going to loose our freedoms very soon

edit on 20-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

Not too familiar with world history?

Violent revolutions only end up being as bad as those they overthrew.

what about the French and the American revolution?

Haha apparently those revolutions didn't accomplish anything..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Swingline50022

THE LAWYERS GUILD IS ON SITE TO PROTECT THE RIGHTS OF PROTESTERS

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
redacted
edit on 20-9-2011 by Venomilk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I agree. We should emulate those who died in the second world war and marched in lockstep into the gas chambers, all peaceful and stuff. Yea, that's the ticket. Oh yea, and the revolutionary war was a mistake too. We should still be under the rule of Great Britain.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
first thing that happens in a violent revolution is they break into your house and take your stuff. even the pics of your friends, your favorite books, cds, dvds, games, magazines, food, and ruin the memories of your family. then they rape your sister and your female friends, kill your grandparents, and shoot your mom and dad (right after torturing them to give up their bank info and car keys). then they go next door and repeat the process.

edit on 20-9-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
in the french revolution people were disemboweling the folks they encountered who actually had anything of value. they drug the catholic priests and nuns out into the street, stripped them naked and paraded them thru town. they were a hundred times worse then the priests, who were freakin' bad enough. violence doesn't solve anything. all it does it let the few sociopaths in the society, get ahead of the game at the expense of everyone you love and know. governments have so many laws they have to abide by before they can do that to large groups of their own citizens, but in a revolution, the mob mentality kicks in and people becoming roaming mobs of animals who destroy everything in their path.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

There are many of us till around from the last time the people in this country had to stand up for their country and their rights. Stand against a government out only for themselves at the cost of the Citizens.The citizens who put them in office and pay their salaries. Although Alexander Haig said let them protest all they want as long as they pay taxes. Haig was and is considered an idiot. What is more discussed is that the Military Industrial Complex and TPTB do not want another another Vietnam and the turmoil that went along with it. I have no idea how the American people have become such cowards. It is not our right it is our duty to stop dictatorship and tyranny. The law of the land is not to protect the government from the people but the people from the government. To those who want to tuck tail and run then run. Question is run to where? Whether we like it or not we are all on a burning ship and the ship is about to sink. We can either try to put the fire out or all be burned alive. Ostrich with the head in the sand will not stop it from being burned alive. You may not like it but being an American means and has always meant a constant fight, a constant battle, A constant war for your freedom.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyop911

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
Everyone who feels that it's time for a violent revolution is right on track.

violent revolutions are a hoax. just another prop in the circus show we call society.
a peaceful man stands tall.

Apparently not. Have you SEEN the video?

How are violent revolutions a hoax in a society that doesn't have any?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

There are many of us till around from the last time the people in this country had to stand up for their country and their rights. Stand against a government out only for themselves at the cost of the Citizens.The citizens who put them in office and pay their salaries. Although Alexander Haig said let them protest all they want as long as they pay taxes. Haig was and is considered an idiot. What is more discussed is that the Military Industrial Complex and TPTB do not want another another Vietnam and the turmoil that went along with it. I have no idea how the American people have become such cowards. It is not our right it is our duty to stop dictatorship and tyranny. The law of the land is not to protect the government from the people but the people from the government. To those who want to tuck tail and run then run. Question is run to where? Whether we like it or not we are all on a burning ship and the ship is about to sink. We can either try to put the fire out or all be burned alive. Ostrich with the head in the sand will not stop it from being burned alive. You may not like it but being an American means and has always meant a constant fight, a constant battle, A constant war for your freedom.

cowards? what the hell, it isn't cowardice we recognized the hostile takeoever, and we recognize from history, what the end game of that is, and we know from history that the result is alot of people suffer and things often end up even worse than they were before. a hell of alot of good it did the russian people to have violet revolution. stalin killed like, 40,000,000 of his own people. his own people, but he did that by sending out violent mobs to kill anybody that had anything that wasn't living in the major cities. if you lived in moscow, you were safe. if you had a farm or lived in a small town you were ripe for the barbarian horde to break in, take your stuff, and kill your whole family. then when that wasn't fun anymore, they just starved them all to death, enmasse, and made wagers about how it would play out for sociological experiments.

"will the good christian people eat each other?" "will they revert to being the animals that they are and just refuse to address? " "this will prove evolution!"

bunch of bull crap if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

If these people were so innocent, why are they resisting arrest?

All the protestors had to do is follow instructions, and then they would have been able to plead their case. Once this goes before a judge, each side would be able to present evidence. As a result of resisting arrest, these protestors can no longer plead 'not guilty'.

Now, the police have them resisting arrest on video.

Police knew these protestors would break the law, and they brought cameras to protect themselves from false accusations. It was a smart call on their behalf.

edit on 9/20/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

I keep saying, some of these people are professional protesters. I read right on the Day of Rage site that one womwn who writes for Toronto Star was arrested at the G20 summit, and here she is chanting and such. They just move from one protest to the next. They have learned already tricks of the trade for getting around the cops and stuff and how to demand Miranda rights and how to look like you are being crushed under the boot of the evil police state.
Now I understand the concept of the police state, but there are professional agitators. Code Pink was there the first day cause I saw pics, and also CPUSA. Medea Benjamin is a professional protester.

I bet the cops were on alert, as this protest was advertised well in advance. Sure they came armed with a way to provide evidence.
edit on 20-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
OK this revolution nonsense is a bunch of young people who have no clue and are not the least bit mature in their life yet of understanding what will happen if they keep doing this.If this stuff keeps growing it could be a total disaster.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
in the french revolution people were disemboweling the folks they encountered who actually had anything of value. they drug the catholic priests and nuns out into the street, stripped them naked and paraded them thru town. they were a hundred times worse then the priests, who were freakin' bad enough. violence doesn't solve anything. all it does it let the few sociopaths in the society, get ahead of the game at the expense of everyone you love and know. governments have so many laws they have to abide by before they can do that to large groups of their own citizens, but in a revolution, the mob mentality kicks in and people becoming roaming mobs of animals who destroy everything in their path.

yep and put the rich and the royalty heads under the guillotine. Today they are just trying to force the rich to pay their share...as they say, not that I agree with it.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It is utter nonsense that we can rid the world of evil.This is the same mindset of Adolf Hitler and the Nazis.Ok to protest your right and the abuse the government may or may not be doing.Just understand this stuff is down right dangeorus if it grows real big and out of control.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join