It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall St. Video of violent arrests today 9/20

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Their is actually a lot more thier the numbers are fluctuation because some are able to leave the area to bring in supplies their is a LIVE feed here of the ongoing protest.

www.truth-out.org...
LIVE FEED

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Does anybody seriously think that this small crowd of unarmed protesters can successfully win a firefight with the NYPD? These uniformed and unarmored cops are just the front line of an armed force of robocops and militia which could easily subdue several thousand brick throwers and street fighters in the middle of Manhattan Island. This crowd has neither the numbers nor the firepower to pull off a civilian insurrection and "take New York City"... just think about it.

What they do have is a plan for a non-violent protest and apparently they have at least some of the organization and intelligence it will take to pull it off successfully, or it would not have lasted for the 4 days it has already lasted.

This isn't a fight, it's a first effort, and theatre for some positive media attention. It's a first effort towards getting some public empathy for a cause which a lot of United States citizens believe, or should believe, to be a worthy cause.

About 99%, actually. That's about the percentage of US citizens who would support this effort if they were able to either ( 1.) muster the courage, or ( 2.) free their minds of a lifetime of bad media programming, disinformation, and social conditioning that borders on brainwashing.

99%. Most, if not all of us US citizens here, are in that 99%, whether we know it or not. We should support these protesters. Their cause is our cause.

If it's going to turn ugly, let the cops be the ones to make it turn ugly, and get the evidence on video. This is a stage play for a video audience and for public support. Whoever throws the first stone and makes it violent will only turn out to be the villain of the piece.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absco

Originally posted by Observer99 Go somewhere that allows such things and then organize a real protest, instead of blowing hot air on here, and maybe accomplish something.

But I bet you wouldn't join in?

And why is that? You know absolutely nothing about me. Pretending to makes you look foolish. "I bet you are a coward" etc directed at someone on the internet you don't know. Pathetic.

But yeah, in fact if YOU were organizing anything, I certainly wouldn't be involved. You're nothing but a divider.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
And why is that? You know absolutely nothing about me. Pretending to makes you look foolish. "I bet you are a coward" etc directed at someone on the internet you don't know. Pathetic.

But yeah, in fact if YOU were organizing anything, I certainly wouldn't be involved. You're nothing but a divider.

And you act like you know everything there is to know about the world and how it works. Well gee professor, please enlighten me with your infinite wisdom and all knowing eyes of knowledge. Please let all who are here on the forums listen to your beautiful and wise words of wisdom of how the world works and everything in between!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The good news is that, first, this video has been aired by RT, and second, our numbers have gained strength from barely 100 this morning to 300 this afternoon. Today's event has not killed us, it has only made us stronger.
Thank you to all those who support the movement.
Follow the live webcast here www.livestream.com...
edit on 20-9-2011 by omarm1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldWriter
reply to post by omarm1984

So the occupation isn't that successful, people need to meet the police aggression head on, fight fire with fire. Shoot the #ers we can make smoke bombs flash grenades off youtube. So why not arrest the police? we have zip ties too.

I always imagined a counter civilian force that would come out into the riot wearing all white body armor suits.

People aren't intelligent enough to organize in that manner, nor are they angry enough.

Once the SHTF in front of their eyes will they act, but their is no numbers in that.
Just a single individual that can be demonized and called a Terrorist.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

good, good. le plan is working. send some fake activists to stage a fake protest,
distribute some fake propaganda throughout twitterverse, wait for cops arrive,
send some more fake propaganda throughout twitterverse, wait for cops to
be (well) cops (assholes), film it, distribute it, wait for assange and left gatekeepers
to sprinkle some of their wisdom on top of it and VOILA!

that's how news is being produced nowadays. "revolution". and it's televised
and marketed through corporate sponsored fake social networks. it's... it's...
it's... brilliant, actually.

i could be wrong, though. (coughs)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

you, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

edit on 20-9-2011 by psyop911 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2011 by psyop911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

That why only a few showed up! We must be the most blood thirsty people on Earth, but when it comes to blooding our own selves few will step up to bat.

The sad thing is that had it been 10,000 people they would not have dared! I wonder what kind of response a well armed mob of several thousand would garner?

edit on 20-9-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyop911

good, good. le plan is working. send some fake activists to stage a fake protest,
distribute some fake propaganda throughout twitterverse, wait for cops arrive,
send some more fake propaganda throughout twitterverse, wait for cops to
be (well) cops (assholes), film it, distribute it, wait for assange and left gatekeepers
to sprinkle some of their wisdom on top of it and VOILA!

that's how news is being produced nowadays. "revolution". and it's televised
and marketed through corporate sponsored fake social networks. it's... it's...
it's... brilliant, actually.

i could be wrong, though. (coughs)

Why do you have a need to be an a-hole? To fill a void in your life? These people are doing something for the benefit of America, not its detriment. If you don't care about what happens outside your little reality that you've created for yourself then stfu and stop criticizing the people that do care. This also goes to all the other a-holes who have a need to criticize those who are only trying to help.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
Everyone who feels that it's time for a violent revolution is right on track.

violent revolutions are a hoax. just another prop in the circus show we call society.
a peaceful man stands tall.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluesman462002
reply to post by Swills

Since When Has Peace Won A War?

violence needs and breeds violence. and tptb need violence as an excuse.
why? because thay have bigger guns than you. that's why. anyone who is
calling for more violence ain't nuttin better than those snatch-and-grab
cops @ G20.

# you and your violent revolutions. excuse my french.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by seachange

No its not. You have 2 types of resisting arrest. One is physical resistance and the other is passive resistance. Going limp is considered passive resistance. An officer responds to each form of resistance with equal to or one step greater force in order to make the arrest with the least amount of physical injury to all parties involved. If an officer orders someone under arrest, the person has options that range from compliance to resistance with deadly force. They chose passive resistance and the officers executed the arrest with the proper amount of force required to make the arrest.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I would suggest a Violent uprising..

If the powers that be do not listen to peaceful protests it speaks volumes about their attitude towards those Protesting..

"# the grovelling peasants they will enjoy what we tell them to if not Just remove them"
- ANY BANKER, EMPEROR or KING.

Everyone needs to take the rose tinted glasses off so they can see all the blood.

GET ANGRY

YOU WILL NOT BE LABELED USURPERS BECAUSE YOU ARE TAKING BACK YOUR LAND FROM INTERNATIONAL INTERESTS BECAUSE THEY DO NOT UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION THEY HAVE THEIR OWN DOCUMENTS AND FEALTY TO ATTEND TO.

Further: You need a permit to Protest? I do not want to live on this planet anymore forget I said anything just go back to sleep and enjoy your wrestling.

reply to post by wardk28

Crushing his sternum with the full weight of his body knees firmly planted on his right shoulder blade as his left arm and shoulder is underneath him?
Certainly that is acceptable for going limp and letting the officer handcuff him.

edit on 20-9-2011 by Gestas because: When you play the Game of Thrones you win or you die.

Edit #2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I do not mean to insight genocide or death, I am Just saying that the American Army is already disgruntled enough with their leaders that it is basically..

Businessmen and Police versus the People and The Army..

Funfact: If they where not scared they would have let the Protest either flicker out or actually attended to the grievances of the populace and everyone could be all smiles
!

Evidently this is not the case and proves my "Quote"
edit on 20-9-2011 by Gestas because: 20,000$ says I now have people hunting me down for making this post.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chelley
Their is actually a lot more thier the numbers are fluctuation because some are able to leave the area to bring in supplies their is a LIVE feed here of the ongoing protest.

www.truth-out.org...
LIVE FEED

so "earlier." their megaphone was taken. awesome how they ended up with a HUGE megaphone.
each action has an equal and opposite reaction. they give up their megaphone and the hundreds of voices echo the message instead. hundreds can rumbles the air, and according to various occultists, metaphysicists etc create a united "brainwave" (but thats another story) they say they can take the signs down by 9:30 or the police will. so they film the signs being taken down.
trying to silence something will amplify it instead. this did start as a little show of anything, but it is evolving. but thats just opinion

if they can adapt like they are supposed to, they can get the right message accross. ill be watching the streams from now on, trying to stop the "weeklong" protest, may galvanize and strengthen. we will see

as for the arrests op. they didnt take it like a man. rather or not your cuffs are too tight, screw it, its not about you, its about the message. she had a camera in your FACE bro, asking for your story....."my name is yadda yadda yadda.....i have not resisted anything, i am protesting lawfully and may be about to be arrested. we marched, leaving our supplies at the camp, lightly guarded, but they decided untill we were back to take our stuff. ow my finger...i didnt see it was bleeding
"looks at finger."we were just laying on our tarps so they wouldnt take all our supplies"

i didnt see the police recording for evidence, not unless their "unconfortable" arrest (only if the pointless, degrading, dragging by the feet) caused a bigger problem. it was borderline violent because of the subconscious disrespect to a few of the dragged protestors, but only because it was designed to look that way. they are still there, they still are "permitted" to assemble and speak their minds.

if everyone jumped in, as a few have suggested earlier is "right"....it wouldve been demonized, and been plastered all over by the presstitutes. it wouldve "been something" negative, and the group wouldnt be evolving like its seeming to.

disobey as much as they will let you if that is your message. others will see your action and push that boundry a bit further, and maybe together we can get a bit of freedom that our grandfathers enjoyed. but you cant do that if you look like a whiney kid that is protesting WALL STREET, first off (not the ones funding wall street and harnessing its power unfairly...btw) and look like you have no passion

"man, i really want to spread a message to save america.. but these cuffs are cutting of the circulation to the hand i have pinned under my back at an awkward angle" no passion

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
that is truley disgusting behavior by the police, i wonder how long it will take from filming these crimes from 2 ft away to actually stopping them.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by Swills

violence is the answer when it comes to ridding the world of the tyrany that controls it, becaus we all know tptb wont actually listen to peacefull protests. nothing good will come from it apart from raising awarness
we must fight
or we are going to loose our freedoms very soon

edit on 20-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

Not too familiar with world history?

Violent revolutions only end up being as bad as those they overthrew.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Venomilk

I concur with what you are saying to some extent but hey that's Life!

I just wanted to say don't forget when they take those people back to the station they are going to beat the ever-loving [REDACTED] out of them make a few trouble makers disappear..

A neat trick they have is they put a phone book on-top of where they want to hurt you and start wailing on the phone-book, The thickness is just right to allow the force of the blow hurt you but enough so it will not leave a mark on your body..

reply to post by ARealandTrueAmerican

Indeed, However The greater or Lesser ?

Change has to happen before anything can take place violent or peaceful stagnation is worse than death.

and as for History The Renaissance
edit on 20-9-2011 by Gestas because: Doses of Humility

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gestas
reply to post by Venomilk

I concur with what you are saying to some extent but hey that's Life!

I just wanted to say don't forget when they take those people back to the station they are going to beat the ever-loving [REDACTED] out of them make a few trouble makers disappear..

A neat trick they have is they put a phone book on-top of where they want to hurt you and start wailing on the phone-book, The thickness is just right to allow the force of the blow hurt you but enough so it will not leave a mark on your body..

and i hope that wouldnt happen. but think about it. will you believe that claim from someone that acted like that black haired kid? or would it be believable from the one that was stoic? i dont think anything like that would happen, not if the main goal was to incite. they did pretty well, but you can tell it was still only a little intimidation jab. keep watching. i dont predict anything, but i feel something in my gut with whats been in the news lately.

imagine the first "worst case" news report "violence has escalated and given way to lawlessness and rioting in parts of new york city where a protest headed by "anonymous" the hacking group (responsible for yadda yadda) turned violent. the protest had been going on for 5 days and tensions have flared and abated, but chaos erupted when masses of protestors swarmed officers making arrests"

"riot police are currently handling the situation"
"now onto sports"

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
reply to post by seachange

No its not. You have 2 types of resisting arrest. One is physical resistance and the other is passive resistance. Going limp is considered passive resistance. An officer responds to each form of resistance with equal to or one step greater force in order to make the arrest with the least amount of physical injury to all parties involved. If an officer orders someone under arrest, the person has options that range from compliance to resistance with deadly force. They chose passive resistance and the officers executed the arrest with the proper amount of force required to make the arrest.

Compelling someone to do something by force is slavery. Slavery is illegal. Therefore avoiding assisting an officer (what you call "passive resistance") is legal.

Here is the scenario for you: There is parapalegic person named Joe who can only move from the neck up (so in this case they can speak). Joe is suspected of domestic terrorism because he was placed in charge of a company that competes with the US Dollar, which the FBI has made clear is domestic terrorism. The police go to Joe's house as follows:
FBI Officer Betterman: Freeze terrorist! See this silly gold star on my clothes? It means I'm super special and you have to do everything I say even when it isn't the law, and I command you to walk your parapalegic ass on to that cage I've got in my car.
Joe: Well... no. I can't.
FBI Officer Betterman: Oh, well not only are you a terrorist but you are now passively resisting arrest, and you just disobeyed a police officer. Thats two more charges. I'm going to mace you now. (FBI Officer Betterman then maces Joe for disobedience)
Joe: (crying in pain)That is mean FBI Officer Betterman. You are a bad person.
FBI Officer Betterman: No, just a better person. Now I'll drag your sorry ass to jail where you'll suffer even more haha. Now I know why I joined the force.

Well, there you have a typical police scenario in the USA. So, in that scenario is Joe guilty of passively resisting arrest? How about disobying a police officer? Yes, or no. If disobeying police is a crime, then Joe is a criminal because he disobeyed the order. And if (non-existent and oxymoronic) passive resistence is a crime then he did that too. He is innocent of passively resisting arrest because there is no such thing. People made that up that charge to see people suffer. You're wrong.

In one case you have someone who cannot send signals through his nervous system to his legs for health reasons. In another case you have someone who cannot send signals through his nervous system to his legs for ethics reasons. Both reasons are valid reasons to not move one's legs.
edit on 20-9-2011 by seachange because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join