It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall St. Video of violent arrests today 9/20

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Themadalchemist
This is sickening....

This country was founded FOR the people, what we have now is a form of SERFDOM. Why are people being degraded to a form of insignificance? Why are the masses working to support an institution who does not give a flying phuck about them? WE are looked upon as slaves in a plantation... all they want us to do is keep the plantation running, and we have no choice if we want shelter and food....think about it

Just think about it

Meh. Most of those people were hippies. They weren't there to reclaim their liberty. They were there because they wanted more handouts and didn't feel like they were getting their "fair share" at the teats of mama pig.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
what always gets me is that there is more of them than there are of cops. Just because they have guns, you wanted a protest, you wanted to protect freedoms and you clearly have a passion, just overthrow the cops, and take control of their power. So yes, create anarchy, you'll probably die. 99% chance you will but at least you will get the attention of others. The media will actually show what happened, report why dozens of cops and people died fighting for a cause. American hipster hippy's think they know what it is to do something? Whatever.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by omarm1984

Sorry if some people were rooting for this to 'be something' but it appears it never was. People just can't set up and camp out wherever they please, for however long they please.

How do you know their camp was causing problems? So for so long as their camp isn't causing foot traffic to get blocked out or backed up, they should be able to set up camp for however long the please in a public place.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
@ that being violent. Sorry, that was like watching highschool kids get rounded up for skipping class.

"Oh my gosh he is bleeding."

"Excuse me sir, he looks like he is in distress, you can see discoloration in his hands..."

G20 was much better, best moment, was a reporter on TV saying how the G20 was going by with little force being used by Police. As they were saying this, a bunch of plainclothes threw a guy into a minivan and hog tied him.

Like this:

edit on 20-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

haha I like how near the end of the video, the cop left his baton on the ground and one of the cops rushed to snag it.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Absco because: burrito pizza bears

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
LOL That was no where near violent arrests. If you are resisting, the officer is going to use just enough force to make the arrest. Going limp when an officer is trying to arrest you is in fact resisting arrest. All those thinking violence is the only way to change the system is sorely mistaken. You shut the machine down by cutting off its food. Until the 50% that pay income tax change their dependents to 20, then nothing is going to change. Plus I don't think I want a bunch of kids that haven't had to work for a living, telling me a communist society is best. I like the fact my earnings has increased with hard work and experience. In the world they want, there will be no protesting what so ever. Then you can complain about violence from the police when they just put a bullet in your head instead of zip ties being too tight.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Absco

I'm still amazed at the amount of people who are willing to sit back and take this kind of shiite under the guise of "peaceful protests work".

Show me 1 that has on this level and I'll believe it. Everyone who feels that it's time for a violent revolution is right on track. For all his singing of "Give Peace a Chance" and "Imagine", even John Lenneon would've been fed up by now.

You wanna know what the REAL problem is? You'll probably see WAY more people involved in a "flash dance", or whatever the kids call it where everyone Tweets each other to meet at a certain place and time to dance the night away, then you will of people Tweeting each other to form VERY large numbers of people protesting Wall Street. For all of peoples' talk of how we need change, the vast majority simply don't have guts to go thru with it.

You know why protests in the Middle East and other countries on that side of globe have worked while our "protests" don't? Becasue people go out en masse, get their hands dirty, fight, and die for the cause. THOSE guys and girls are Patriots. They have numbers bigger than the people they are fighting so, as a result, they win. Individuals may die, but the cause will win. We've seen this a lot in the past few years but, still, we don't pick up rocks, guns, whatever we need, and get the job done because we think we're more civilized than that. We think we're better than that. No. We're WEAKER than that.

Most people on this side of the globe simply don't have the stomach for that sort of thing. That's why they're called sheeple, and that's why they deserve that title. They'd rather curl up in a ball and take what's given to them for 76.5 years, then go out with a bang, a purpose and real reason their kids and grandkids can be proud. You know what the difference between dying young and dying old is?

None.

Because you're still gonna die.

At least the people who stand up to fight and die for a cause, can die with the dignity of knowing that they helped affect a positive change in the world. What are you, average American, going to die for ? C.O.D.? Your S.U.V.? Doubtful.

I for for one aint going down without a fight, and you can take THAT to Wall Street.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

You're my hero.

As I've always said, I'm willing to die for what I believe in. Al Capone was a genius in the criminal sense, he knew how to run a mini version of what the government is.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Absco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
You shut the machine down by cutting off its food. Until the 50% that pay income tax change their dependents to 20, then nothing is going to change.

Hey, I think I like that idea. You may be right on that one. Let's take it a step further as well, and get people to, en masse, walk into stores, mechanic shops, wherever it is that people pay for goods and services and simply walk out without paying. Not just 10 or 20 people either. Everybody. At the same time. Every day, every week every month until TPTB meet our demands of a different government and more jobs by bringing back they jobs that they took from us when they shipped them overseas.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absco
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

You're my hero.

As I've always said, I'm willing to die for what I believe in. Al Capone was a genius in the criminal sense, he knew how to run a mini version of what the government is.

Then where's my star?????

Thanks man. It all starts on sites like this too, because it's a good place to gauge numbers. And that's a good place to start.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
LOL That was no where near violent arrests. If you are resisting, the officer is going to use just enough force to make the arrest. Going limp when an officer is trying to arrest you is in fact resisting arrest.

Obviously not. Failing to help them arrest you is a whole different ball game than actively stopping them from arresting you.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by UniverSoul

No. You are wrong. How old are you? You don't have to answer but I'm assuming you're young and don't understand how the world works.

Violent revolution is never the answer. It worked for our forefathers but that doesn't mean it will work again. Just look at the French revolution, and learn what a complete tragedy that was. You really think modern day Americans can handle a violent revolution? You've got to be kidding me!

edit on 20-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

The elite own the government, the courts and the media. There is no other option at this point, son. Violent revolution or living under tyranny, your choice.

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
You know what the difference between dying young and dying old is?

The difference is I get to live my life. Be serious.

As for why Americans aren't doing what some other countries are doing -- lots of reasons for it, one is we are kept better entertained by our masters, but the other is that we aren't given the venue, time and opportunity to do it properly. I am fed up right now, have been for a while. What do I do? Walk out by myself and start protesting? I'll get laughed at by the ignorant masses and then put in jail by the police state, nothing will be accomplished except I have given myself a criminal record. Go somewhere that allows such things and then organize a real protest, instead of blowing hot air on here, and maybe accomplish something.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Observer99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

reply to post by UniverSoul

No. You are wrong. How old are you? You don't have to answer but I'm assuming you're young and don't understand how the world works.

Violent revolution is never the answer. It worked for our forefathers but that doesn't mean it will work again. Just look at the French revolution, and learn what a complete tragedy that was. You really think Americans can handle a violent revolution? You've got to be kidding me!

edit on 20-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

haha im very young
and i would safely say that i understand very well the way the world works

nothing is really going to change if we dont take action.
you can do all the peaceful protest you want but nothing will change. and even if something does it wont be significant
do you honestly think the world is heading for a bright future if we dont do something? and if so how

All youngsters think they know everything, which of course what they know is very little. What you & I don't know could fill all the libraries in all of the world and then some. You clearly don't know how anything works if you think violence is the answer and peaceful protests get you nowhere
I'm not even gonna point you in the right direction to show you how wrong you are, because you wouldn't bother to listen.

You don't know jack. Responding to you and repeating myself is a waste of my time. Hopefully others will see this as well and ignore your comments.

i'm 42 and i know that the police use violence and it works....they get it done....they don't just stand there with signs begging us to stop doing crimes....they come in with force and weapons, now which do you think works better?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
When something like this happens, people need to step up and pummel the cops. I mean pummel!!!!!! that would send a message! There should have been thousands there. Make it so there is nothing that the cops can do!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99 Go somewhere that allows such things and then organize a real protest, instead of blowing hot air on here, and maybe accomplish something.

But I bet you wouldn't join in?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The arrest were anything but violent, it was SOP and for a good reason. The American people are incapable of fomenting any type of tangible resistance in the face of modern adversity. A nation of 300 million souls to whom the truth of their situation has never been more apparent but who will collectively do nothing.

How does one rise up when your average American can't plan past their next paycheck and to whom the ideals set forth in the creation of this nation are nothing more than ideas at best if they even have a remote understanding of their history.

There will be no revolution when so many are cowed by their televisions, there will be no revolution when your average American would die in under a week without logistical and easy access to life's necessities. Anyone who thinks it's probable or inevitable is just another member of a starry-eyed circle jerk trying to remember when people had the scruples to right what was wrong.

The contempt for the citizenry has been evident for over a century, we have seen the wizard behind the curtain, we know what he thinks of us and we choose to draw the curtain back and exist.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wow....I hate to say it but you're right. Judging from those photos that seemed like a pretty pathetic protest. It looked more like the size of group you'd see camped out in front of a book store the night before the new Harry Potter books comes out or something. The cops looked like they were all looking around saying "Is this it? This is pathetic!"

And the group itself? They looked like a bunch of hipsters....and by that I don't mean to offend them, it's just an observation. Good for them for actually getting out and protesting....but what does it mean when the only people that show up for a protest are a bunch of hipster kids?
Poor planning is my guess....I never even heard about this protest till I read about it on ATS.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." - John F. Kennedy

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

The difference is I get to live my life. Be serious.

While you kids and grandkids don't. Be serious.

Take a look at the world around you. Do you honestly believe it is going to be this way forever? The entire globe is poised for a financial meltdown becasue of the way the fat cats here in America have "handled" the money. I'll bet you just don't understand why the rest of the world doesn't like us do you?

Your way of thinking will not allow a revolution. It's a snowball that starts with one flake, like you for example, and gets bigger and bigger.

Mine and many others like me will however. It's a snowball that starts small, and with time, gets bigger and bigger.

Think about that while people are blowing more hot air out of their barrels.

edit on 20-9-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: Clarity

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Ffs, if people go to public protests, they should expect that the possibility of arrest is substantially high, depending on the situation that unfolds. Now, none of us know exactly what the people being detained had comitted, but i will tell you that they all are being a public nuisance, which in turn offenders can be arrested if continuing to do so. And for how long, 3 days?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join