It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall St. Video of violent arrests today 9/20

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
no offense, but the video in the OP doesn't show Violent arrest. when you use violent, i would expect some type of excessive bodily harm to a suspect during the arrest. ll it looks like (from the video) is only a cut finger.

now if he was jumped, beat up, arms broken, black eyes... etc... id consider that as violent.

BTW do you know if these protests are still going on or did they disperse?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by omarm1984
Ok heres the back story:
The tarps were there protecting our stuff from the rain. As you may know, many protesters have been sleeping in this park.
When we came back from marching around Wall st. The cops decided they wanted to take away the tarps, but they wouldn't tell us why. So a few people laid down on top of the tarps so that the cops wouldn't take them. This is when the cops started picking those people up and throwing them out. As you can see at the 0:20 mark, that's a person getting thrown in the air by a cop.
We have permits, there's absolutely no reason for this to have taken place. The cops were just taking advantage our numbers that dwindled by the rain. They only did this to instigate us, because if they really had to take the tarps, they would've done it when most of us were away marching.

Most of these protesters have college degrees, they are all very well read and well spoken. They are not dead beats, they are dressed to get dirty not to impress the fashion police.

This is what democracy looks like.

HEAR HEAR!

This what democracy looks LIKE!
edit on 20-9-2011 by Iiquiringmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It seems you all have a different opinion of the word "violence" than most other Citizens.

Its funny to watch all you ATS'ers say funny things such as "we have the numbers" or "we need to start a revolution"

You do realize that all the opinions generally shared by ATSers are not at all agreed with by Society?

If WE needed a revolution, people would be pouring into the streets every day all across our beautiful Nation.

Did you ever think about that? Or did you just assume b/c all the members on this board agree with you, and the 4 friends you have outside of here might agree with you, that the rest of the nation does?

Did you ever think about the Americans that love our country the way it is? We have AK 47s, shotguns, m16s, handguns too ya know, and if ANYONE tries to mess with our country, your #ed.

You will never have a revolution because the PEOPLE don't want it nor need it.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I have never seen cops drag people out of a drug house on their face.....

I mean come on that one officer was build like ARNOLD and he was dragging that kid.....

LOL you need a permit..... Oh wait they had one....

Thats right you need a permit from the people you want to protest against.......

This country is sooo Bass Ackwards.....

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
^Usually when they bring people out of a drug house its on a stretcher.

Protesting is dead in this country. It doesn't help anyone except the police in that they get to display force. Force is NOT violence. You can move something without being violent. These people just make the police look like they are in control.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

mean seriously how can cops just do this crap and get away with it? How can other cops just stand there and watch it?

Because WE love our own enslavement.
We are too afraid to actually do what needs to be done.
Once that fear has been removed, things WILL change.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

I completely agree that violence is sometimes necessary to achieve a desired result. Hell, doesn't this country use violence every signal day to enforce its policies; both foreign and domestic? The ones in power don’t really give a crap about the average Joe on the street and they sure as hell can careless about our futures or the future of our children. WE ARE SLAVES! So if we have to take to the streets and fight fire with fire, so be it. We need to wake up and reclaim or souls.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Ahh children so full of energy. The only way to beat them is not to become them but to turn them into us

Think about it

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

There actually was no permit obtained...it never would've been issued for a protest like this in the first place. That being said, the protest was tolerated much longer than I thought it would be, but you're right that the crackdown was inevitable, with or without permits/violent troublemakers.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Video of violent arrests ??

No offense to the thread poster but I've had worse happen to me at a Frat party. This is another reason why I don't take these "Protesters" or the people putting the info online seriously. This threads title and that video description are exaggerated. I've seen and been involved in some really ugly and violent exchangees with cops before.

That video was mild by comparison.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by omarm1984

Force is needed for it to get through to these mindless cops. I can't stand being on the west coast and seeing this. I'd be all up their face with their tyranical laws. Here is a video that shows how oblivious cops are at the orders of their masters affect on citizens.
They need some cattle prods and rope for those police in Wall St.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

those police were CLEARLY treating the people detained like animals.

regardless of your personal opinions about how democracy works.

we were guaranteed the right to peaceful assembly in the CONSTITUTION
(in case u have never heard of that document) "

society doesn't work like that" give me a break... probably one of the cops on tape posting.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by omarm1984
This happened this morning at 10am
Cops tried to take our stuff for no reason. As always NO media coverage.

edit on Tue Sep 20 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: edited in error

Here's my motto: if you're gonna challenge the militia make sure you have your inhaler. STOP WHINING WHEN YOU GET ARRESTED!!! Stoicism has its virtue.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by omarm1984

People just can't set up and camp out wherever they please, for however long they please. Society wouldn't work very well for very long with that going on just so kids can feel special and get some TV time.

edit on 20-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

If certain groups of people pulled the stick out of their ass, it certainly could.

Maybe this was all a test run to check the reactions.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I can only foresee this degenerating into another mindless cop hate thread.

Emphasis on another.

I mean seriously.

That's all I have to say.

Good day.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
Ahh children so full of energy. The only way to beat them is not to become them but to turn them into us

Think about it

What an enlightened statement. We should turn them into us...you mean turn them it to slaves? Take everything from them? Take all their liberties in the name of freedom?

You just might have the right idea!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
i knew this would happen it kinda has to in way...the more crap thay (police) pull the more likely we are to actuly DO SOMTHING about it.
wher ther is a will ther is a way and our voices wil be heard!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
I'm going to assume that this demonstration had a legal permit, or this would've happened much earlier. I am further guessing that the permit expired last night, or this morning.

I really didn't see any police violence, no tasers, doesn't mean it didn't happen. It reminded me of the peacefull sit-ins of the '60 and '70, that did result in real violence. But this wasn't anything like those days.
youtu.be...

Actually the Mayor of New York gave the O.K. for protests:

Mayor Bloomberg gives "O.K." to Anonymous protesters
www.abovetopsecret.com...

“People have a right to protest, and if they want to protest, we’ll be happy to make sure they have locations to do it,” New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said Sept. 15 at a press conference. “As long as they do it where other people’s rights are respected, this is the place where people can speak their minds, and that’s what makes New York New York.”

SOURCE

ETA: Apparently the police didn't get the memo.
edit on 9/20/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: ETA

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Actually the path should be...

1. Ask to change their ways.
2. civil disobedience.
3. crack their skulls.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by Swills

Actually the path should be...

1. Ask to change their ways.
2. civil disobedience.
3. crack their skulls.

That's how we founded the U.S.A. And we're obligated to do the same according to the Declaration of Independence... to throw of the despotic shackles and the like:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
www.ushistory.org...

edit on 9/20/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: link

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join