It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall St. Video of violent arrests today 9/20

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Jepic

Just a thought here, but the most recent numbers for the NYPD put their manpower at roughly 34,500 Officers. Kick who out again?? Lol.... If those yuppie kids actually managed to force the police to take a few steps back, the few dozen would grow into hundreds or, if needed, THOUSANDS of Police the second time they moved in. Lets have a REAL protest. Even Israel managed to pull off a serious show of 'pissed off' with over 400,000 on the street. THAT kind of protest changes things....This? This just gives TPTB some passing amusement and an arrest record for the kids.

Wall Street Occupation #1

Wall Street Occupation #2

C'mon, lets at least stay honest about what we see happening. This was no protest. This was a party the cops became tired of putting up with as it went into a 4th day.

We don't need protests. We need a revolution.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by omarm1984

...I wouldn't call those arrests violent, more like uncomfortable arrests.

...Violence is the wrong choice and the only choice for those who cannot think.

It wouldn't be violence, it would just be "uncomfortable", right?

I suppose you're trying to make a humorous play on words with my posts? I suppose you think those arrests were violent? They were not.

I see you edited your post. Allow me to respond.

For someone who doesn't like violence, you sure are lenient when it comes to cops using violence. I guess a bloodied finger and loss of circulation is not violent to you?

Just because someone uses the word violent to describe an arrest by police doesn't mean it is. Do you think for yourself? The police were making arrests and the people were resisting, which is to be expected. The police now have to use force to make the arrest (ie to turn the person over so they can be handcuffed) but that force isn't violence. If you wanna see police use violence there are plenty of videos right here on ATS, just do a search
. The police in this video are not beating anyone. They are trying to remove them and those that are being arrested are not cooperating so the police have to drag their dead weight to the van, and in the process one protester got a little boo boo on his finger and it bled a little bit. And btw, being handcuffed (or zipped tied) is always uncomfortable and too tight.

OH STOP THE INSANITY!! STOP THE VIOLENCE MR OFFICER!!

edit on 20-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I suppose you're trying to make a humorous play on words with my posts? I suppose you think those arrests were violent? They were not.

So according to you, we can tie up the hands of the cops and bankers until their hands have lost circulation, make their fingers bleed, step on their backs and have people shout "he can't breath" and that would be Ghandi-like non-violence?

What a crazy world you live in.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

You are wrong.

It doesn't matter whether they can "handle" a revolution or not - it is coming regardless. The people that don't want to man up and face the facts and continue living in their fantasy world that they believe is working, well they can move out of the way or else become the next "loyalists".

This whole damn thing is playing our like the American Revolution, and it won't be long until the shot heard round the world is heard once again.

As for these protesters being arrested... it was to be expected and it is why I am currently not standing on Wall Street as we speak. This protest, like all before it, is going to accomplish nothing of significance and will only further awaken the masses to the police state that America has come. It will be another check mark in a box that has already been checked full.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

reply to post by UniverSoul

No. You are wrong. How old are you? You don't have to answer but I'm assuming you're young and don't understand how the world works.

Violent revolution is never the answer. It worked for our forefathers but that doesn't mean it will work again. Just look at the French revolution, and learn what a complete tragedy that was. You really think Americans can handle a violent revolution? You've got to be kidding me!

haha im very young
and i would safely say that i understand very well the way the world works

nothing is really going to change if we dont take action.
you can do all the peaceful protest you want but nothing will change. and even if something does it wont be significant
do you honestly think the world is heading for a bright future if we dont do something? and if so how

All youngsters think they know everything, which of course what they know is very little. What you & I don't know could fill all the libraries in all of the world and then some. You clearly don't know how anything works if you think violence is the answer and peaceful protests get you nowhere
I'm not even gonna point you in the right direction to show you how wrong you are, because you wouldn't bother to listen.

You don't know jack. Responding to you and repeating myself is a waste of my time. Hopefully others will see this as well and ignore your comments.

well ok i think i know everything. might i add you old guys really done a good job on this whole society thing. but hey best intentions?
yeah i dont know much.

once again i dont think violence is morally right but in our situation (if we really want REAL change) its the only option. unless you can think of a realistic way to actually change things without it id like to hear.
i am listening and i understand..but standing up to authority is not a bad thing.
what you need to understand is that tptb have developed a smarter way of aggresive control, its subliminal and dangerous. we are controlled by a thing called money, which doesnt answer to peacefull protest. but it is however a made up thing that is protected by authority.
ok keep telling me i dont know anything. your the one who hasnt got an answer, im just thinking realisticly based on what i see in the world around me

ok and i hope you dont respond unless you can say something other than im dumb, but hey
FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE right?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Violence is the wrong choice and the only choice for those who cannot think.

So in other words these cops, according to you, cannot think?

It would be one thing if you were against all violence, but when you come out telling people to be like Ghandi and MLK and then say that these arrests were not violent it just shows your bias in the situation. I just wanted to point that out to you.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

So according to you, we can tie up the hands of the cops and bankers until their hands have lost circulation, make their fingers bleed, step on their backs and have people shout "he can't breath" and that would be Ghandi-like non-violence?

What a crazy world you live in.

Why ATS gave you a silver lining is beyond me. You are not a contributor in my opinion.

I'm not even going to defend myself to your lame accusations that you say are according to me. You're argument is fictional and weak.

I'm done with this thread. Go ahead guys, go fight fire with fire. I'll be sure to attend your funerals.

Deny ignorance much?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It' s really great to see the people on Tahrir Square fight for democracy and and against the tyrannic leaders of their country. Full support for the "arab spring", full support for democracy and free speech !

Oh, I posted in the wrong forum - Did I ?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

No. You are wrong. How old are you? You don't have to answer but I'm assuming you're young and don't understand how the world works.

Violent revolution is never the answer. It worked for our forefathers but that doesn't mean it will work again. Just look at the French revolution, and learn what a complete tragedy that was. You really think Americans can handle a violent revolution? You've got to be kidding me!

haha im very young
and i would safely say that i understand very well the way the world works

nothing is really going to change if we dont take action.
you can do all the peaceful protest you want but nothing will change. and even if something does it wont be significant
do you honestly think the world is heading for a bright future if we dont do something? and if so how

All youngsters think they know everything, which of course what they know is very little. What you & I don't know could fill all the libraries in all of the world and then some. You clearly don't know how anything works if you think violence is the answer and peaceful protests get you nowhere
I'm not even gonna point you in the right direction to show you how wrong you are, because you wouldn't bother to listen.

You don't know jack. Responding to you and repeating myself is a waste of my time. Hopefully others will see this as well and ignore your comments.

It takes both sides (police and protesters) for a peaceful protest to work. If one of those sides makes a wrong move or decides the show is over, then say bye-bye to the peaceful protests and say hello to either riot or a failed protest.

You don't understand. At the end of the day you can have every single citizen of the US protesting against the government and it still won't affect them. They'll carry on business as usual.

The only way that you'll get the US back comes in two options. Both of which see a mass of people forcefully removing the "parasites" from power. Literally physically removing them, like you do with all parasites.

1. You either get the police and military to your side. Then move to washington.
2. You overpower the police and military Then move to washington.

Either way, in the end the action towards peace and liberty has to be physical. Not written on signs.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Just because someone uses the word violent to describe an arrest by police doesn't mean it is.

The police now have to use force to make the arrest but that force isn't violence.

So according to your logic, we can use as much force as we want so long as we don't call it violence?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This is good news, no? Our saviors the police have come in to protect the state from a violent communist revolution. that's what was happening right?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

I'll agree to a point. Radical change is fast becoming the only real choice left us as all other avenues close before our eyes or, in the case of voting, become so corrupt it's laughable to think the effort is even worth it for national races.

Having said that, and agreed with the overall concept, I have to note something here. In Egypt or Tunisia it was fairly clear. 'Us vs Them' and no one had any illusions as to the end game when one side or the other won the struggle. America is NOTHING remotely close. It's about a hundred groups of 'Us' vs 'Them'. That wouldn't be a real problem if most of those groups weren't also equally interested in going after EACH OTHER almost as much as 'Them'.

Revolution may very well come again to our land...but it'll be a bloody mess IMHO. No romance, no real heroes and certainly nothing to compare to the romantic vision of rebellion so many seem to carry. It's something I won't hide from, when or if it comes, but all the same...I'll remain hopeful against logic that it doesn't happen. There is nothing attractive about millions of my fellow countrymen dead in the streets and fields, regardless of who wins in the end. Just my take.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Just because someone uses the word violent to describe an arrest by police doesn't mean it is.

The police now have to use force to make the arrest but that force isn't violence.

So according to your logic, we can use as much force as we want so long as we don't call it violence?

This is your logic and it is completely flawed. I do believe this what they call a strawman argument. Enjoy this thread.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Why ATS gave you a silver lining is beyond me. You are not a contributor in my opinion.

Jealous much? Coming from someone who made their account on May of this year, what right do you have to comment on anyone's contribution? The answer is, not much.
edit on 20-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Ok heres the back story:
The tarps were there protecting our stuff from the rain. As you may know, many protesters have been sleeping in this park.
When we came back from marching around Wall st. The cops decided they wanted to take away the tarps, but they wouldn't tell us why. So a few people laid down on top of the tarps so that the cops wouldn't take them. This is when the cops started picking those people up and throwing them out. As you can see at the 0:20 mark, that's a person getting thrown in the air by a cop.
We have permits, there's absolutely no reason for this to have taken place. The cops were just taking advantage our numbers that dwindled by the rain. They only did this to instigate us, because if they really had to take the tarps, they would've done it when most of us were away marching.

Most of these protesters have college degrees, they are all very well read and well spoken. They are not dead beats, they are dressed to get dirty not to impress the fashion police.

This is what democracy looks like.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by Jepic

I'll agree to a point. Radical change is fast becoming the only real choice left us as all other avenues close before our eyes or, in the case of voting, become so corrupt it's laughable to think the effort is even worth it for national races.

Having said that, and agreed with the overall concept, I have to note something here. In Egypt or Tunisia it was fairly clear. 'Us vs Them' and no one had any illusions as to the end game when one side or the other won the struggle. America is NOTHING remotely close. It's about a hundred groups of 'Us' vs 'Them'. That wouldn't be a real problem if most of those groups weren't also equally interested in going after EACH OTHER almost as much as 'Them'.

Revolution may very well come again to our land...but it'll be a bloody mess IMHO. No romance, no real heroes and certainly nothing to compare to the romantic vision of rebellion so many seem to carry. It's something I won't hide from, when or if it comes, but all the same...I'll remain hopeful against logic that it doesn't happen. There is nothing attractive about millions of my fellow countrymen dead in the streets and fields, regardless of who wins in the end. Just my take.

Absolutely nothing attractive in your fellow countrymen dying. But it is a necessary evil.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

haha swills what a party pooper.
did a youngster just beat an older person in an argument?
cause i dont see you coming up with an answer yet.
once again:
Q: how can we actually make real change without a violent uprising

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Sorry pal but my logic is not flawed, it's your logic that is flawed. You are against violence and you even invoke both MLK and Ghandi, and then you say that police force is not violent. And then you try and ridicule me for being a silver content contributor with an account that is 4 months old
And you say "I was above top secret at one time" really? Until they banned your account, right?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I doubt real change can take place in a society so set in its old ways such as this one. The only choice I see is to create our own community built on a resource based economy.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by omarm1984

I doubt real change can take place in a society so set in its old ways such as this one. The only choice I see is to create our own community built on a resource based economy.

well i think that many of us are opening our eyes now and we could easily change society. i would love to live in a small resource based economy, but in this society it cost a lot of money..everything does
even if i had the money for myself id still support the change because i hope that one day the whole world can be free from the greed and hate that seems to consume so many people so much
theres so much i want to say. i wish i could word my thoughts better because i know im thinking logically.

i thank you so much for being there and taking action. i wish i could be there, if i had money and knew someone in ny i would be there backing youse up.
surely you would agree that as much as we protest, the people that control the world arent going to listen

you people are my heros, and everything has to start somewhere. lets hope you are paving the way and this wont be forgotten

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join