It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Occupy Wall St. Video of violent arrests today 9/20

page: 11
112
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
so can anybody tell us where the food and money to pay the utility companies and gas stations is gonna come from and how people are going to be able to get to work? how we're gonna pay our mortgages, if we have one? suppose we just have to surrender our homes and everything we've worked for our entire lives? it's not like most of us have anything extravagant. most of the extravagant homes are empty or owned by people this kind thing is not going to impact, as they already have all their money in foreign countries and even alternate homes in safer places. but time and effort must be worth more than ZERO!

you're being manipulated to destroy your own country, because it's just not happening fast enough for the people trying to ruin it. they're afraid we're gonna manage to fix it before they can finish it off.

can't crash that economy fast enough eh? and you say THEY are trying to crash the economy? you must be their accomplices
edit on 21-9-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

im saying remove the economy
the fact that people have to pay stuff like mortgages is a joke. working your whole life for pointless crap. it makes no sense
were trying to remove what is ruining our countries.
i dont see what your trying to prove here, you really need to take a look around you
if we cant get people to open their eyes then tptb have won




posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

Originally posted by undo
so can anybody tell us where the food and money to pay the utility companies and gas stations is gonna come from and how people are going to be able to get to work? how we're gonna pay our mortgages, if we have one? suppose we just have to surrender our homes and everything we've worked for our entire lives? it's not like most of us have anything extravagant. most of the extravagant homes are empty or owned by people this kind thing is not going to impact, as they already have all their money in foreign countries and even alternate homes in safer places. but time and effort must be worth more than ZERO!

you're being manipulated to destroy your own country, because it's just not happening fast enough for the people trying to ruin it. they're afraid we're gonna manage to fix it before they can finish it off.

can't crash that economy fast enough eh? and you say THEY are trying to crash the economy? you must be their accomplices
edit on 21-9-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

im saying remove the economy
the fact that people have to pay stuff like mortgages is a joke. working your whole life for pointless crap. it makes no sense
were trying to remove what is ruining our countries.
i dont see what your trying to prove here, you really need to take a look around you
if we cant get people to open their eyes then tptb have won


i am taking a look around me. without money, the utility companies will close down. no more air conditioning for my family or the elderly woman next door (florida). it's like a death sentence for about 30 percent of the population unless they already have enough money for alternative energy. so who ends up suffering? not you, ass hole.



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
i warned you this wasn't going to be pretty. but when people say stuff like you're saying, it's equivalent to holding a gun at the heads of people that i love. and i love you too, i apologize for saying a potty word. i'm just so stunned and shocked you can't see past the crap they crank out in these socialist revolutions that always end up the same way. stealing a bunch of peoples stuff, blaming it on the wrong guy, killing the people you stole from, and blaiming that on the wrong people, then waltzing off into the sunset with everybody's stuff.



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
i warned you this wasn't going to be pretty. but when people say stuff like you're saying, it's equivalent to holding a gun at the heads of people that i love. and i love you too, i apologize for saying a potty word. i'm just so stunned and shocked you can't see past the crap they crank out in these socialist revolutions that always end up the same way. stealing a bunch of peoples stuff, blaming it on the wrong guy, killing the people you stole from, and blaiming that on the wrong people, then waltzing off into the sunset with everybody's stuff.


Of course Karl Marx's communist manifesto was written during the industrial revoluton, when nations were still very agrarian. As a joke one night i posted a vid of the Fiddler On The Roof guy singing If I were a rich man, because that's the original setting for the Bolshevik Revolution. Communism sought to revolutionize by forcing everyone into collectivist farms. I think some modern Greenies also have this idea of forcing people into these collectives only in addition to the farms, it will be like windmill turbine facilities or something.
Dr. Zhivago anyone? en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 21-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul
 





nothing is really going to change if we dont take action.

you can do all the peaceful protest you want but nothing will change.


Actually, if there is violence the US is ready to declare martial law. If martial law is declared, what you just saw on this video would be a picnic compared to what each one of us would face. Sometimes I think they are trying to push us to violence. Why, if the violence is too bad Mom and Pop would beg for martial law.

As a previous poster reminded us with the video of Kent State, (Four Dead In Ohio) there was no police brutality, just normal arrests. Of course they dragged them off and put them in cuffs that were too tight. Everyone's cuffs are always too tight. There were no riot gear evident, no rubber bullets fired into the crowd as has happened many times before.

Personally, my BS detector is going off right now. Do you really think that they would give out a permit for a protest on Wall Street? And if they didn't have a permit, do you think they would let them stay for three and a half days? Something doesn't make sense, and personally I still don't trust Anonymous. I keep waiting for the Govt folks to make another Cointelpro move to manage public opinion and wonder if we are seeing that now.

I know, paranoia. Remember what Abbey Hoffman said; "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you."



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by undo
i warned you this wasn't going to be pretty. but when people say stuff like you're saying, it's equivalent to holding a gun at the heads of people that i love. and i love you too, i apologize for saying a potty word. i'm just so stunned and shocked you can't see past the crap they crank out in these socialist revolutions that always end up the same way. stealing a bunch of peoples stuff, blaming it on the wrong guy, killing the people you stole from, and blaiming that on the wrong people, then waltzing off into the sunset with everybody's stuff.


Of course Karl Marx's communist manifesto was written during the industrial revoluton, when nations were still very agrarian. As a joke one night i posted a vid of the Fiddler On The Roof guy singing If I were a rich man, because that's the original setting for the Bolshevik Revolution. Communism sought to revolutionize by forcing everyone into collectivist farms. I think some modern Greenies also have this idea of forcing people into these collectives only in addition to the farms, it will be like windmill turbine facilities or something.
Dr. Zhivago anyone?
edit on 21-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)


key words there being "forced" and "collective" as the collective is the mob mentality that killed people in genocides down thru history. the collective is easily manipulated, as has been proven like a kajillion times. the collective can be convinced, that for the good of all mankind, it's best if religion is outlawed, or amalgamated into a soup so thin, it doens't even resemble itself, it's best that people with green eyes or blue eyes, be outlawed, children be aborted, women be forcibly given IUDs, forcible abortions, dictating every waking moment of our lives, from the moment we get up to what we stick in our mouths to what we do when we bathe, to how we light our houses, or what kind of water we drink, how often we have sex, and under what circumstances, what to feel about your own sexuality or someone else's, you can't even think your own damn thoughts.

that's about the gist of it. just replace any words related to religion with words related to government, and wallah, same bat time, same bat channel
edit on 21-9-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by undo
 


Of course. George Orwell wrote his book 1984 as a result of the collective communism of the Bolsheviks. I read that book in high school and it had a profound effect on me. Solzhenitsyn exposed the sytem of gulags too. Also, a friend of mine around that time gave me a novel based on a family's exile to Siberia. I remember also that hippies talked about going into communes and such. Except the communists probably would never let them have pot. In fact, rock music was considered an evil influence. I remember that. Some of the younger people do not know these things.


Until the late 80's, The Beatle's music was either banned or difficult to obtain in Russia because Communism considered it subversive to its own youth culture. Their music was smuggled in by others as if they were smuggling in drugs and usually in the same manner or technique. It became easier due to the media it was on becoming smaller, yet, if caught, the person would suffer for it at the hands of the KGB. During the 60's, when the band was actually together


perrya.hubpages.com...

I wonder if some of these young idealists understand that communism is about the collective and goes against individual expression. That is perhaps even bigger a reason to be against it than even the economic depression it brings.
edit on 21-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I believe it is not peaceful protests or violent protests alone which will bring about change in the world but a combination of both, i mean look at the London riots which were violent, they definately got nowhere, and now look at this protest at wall street where the people are getting walked all over by the police in such a degrading manner, i doubt it will even be a concern to the fatcats. However, if you combine the different types of protest i believe you will have more numbers as the people who wish to take the aggressive approach may do so and the ones who wish to take a peaceful approach will do so simultaneously, therefore including everyone, so you will end up with a revolution like the Egyptian one which i believe was the most successful in the Arab spring, so i suggest we all take a lesson from the Egyptians who lets not forget actually managed to overthrow their corrupt leader.



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maccaron.Shakaron
I believe it is not peaceful protests or violent protests alone which will bring about change in the world but a combination of both, i mean look at the London riots which were violent, they definately got nowhere, and now look at this protest at wall street where the people are getting walked all over by the police in such a degrading manner, i doubt it will even be a concern to the fatcats. However, if you combine the different types of protest i believe you will have more numbers as the people who wish to take the aggressive approach may do so and the ones who wish to take a peaceful approach will do so simultaneously, therefore including everyone, so you will end up with a revolution like the Egyptian one which i believe was the most successful in the Arab spring, so i suggest we all take a lesson from the Egyptians who lets not forget actually managed to overthrow their corrupt leader.


and alot of innocent people's homes were trashed, burned, people murdered, looted, raped, lost their lives, their jobs, their homes, the children, their spouses, etc. and for what? an even more restrictive government than the one they had. wait a decade or so, they'll be pissed about not having the rights to wipe their own butts without permission and blame the usa for getting involved in their arab spring.



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
This protest has don a lot of good. many people have seen them protest in a friendly manner. tourists have taken pics and talk’t to them. and now this? the tourists will be angry that the police did this.
ever little helps.



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
the only way we are going to see any change in this world is if we first and foremost manifest that change within each person via Knowledge, Truth. Then and only then will we begin seeing real change. This is a war on consciousness above all else. The Political, Religious, Economic issues are symptoms of the disease.

We can have all the protests we want to have. Very few actually have taken the time to step back and realize the entire system is in place for one reason and one reason only : Control, and yes that system is built over time by those who wish to control this little society of ours. Call it Conspiracy, Call it Tin Foil, that doesnt change the fact that it is what it is. Some refuse to see things as they are, instead most like to believe things are a certain way because it makes it easier to cope with the insanity in this world.

Violent revolutions will only in short time replace the evils we are seeking to rid ourselves of with new evils, there are way too many conflicting ideas, groups who think about how things should be run, all by people still blinded and who bought into the Left vs Right, Lib vs Con, D vs R Products / Illusions they have been sold.

Without a shift in Consciousness that unveils the big picture to humanity we are doomed to constantly dance in circles, revolutions, around and around until we wipe ourselves out...

Take a real good look in the mirror, most peoples belief systems are not their own based on direct experience and personal responsibility but instead by years of indoctrination and programming. Years of being fed lies, fear, and other disinformation through every facet of society that most wouldnt know Truth if it came up and # in their mouth.

Time to wake up, time to stop pretending and living in the land of make believe sleep walking around thinking we have a clue a to whats happening....


edit on 21-9-2011 by awakened1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2011 by awakened1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The American citizen is in a very unique position right now on the world stage. We have watched our government support revolutions around the globe, even offering military assistance to some rebels. Now, let's assume the American people decide to follow suite and a revolution similar to Egypt erupts. The entire world will be watching to see what our government does and how it handles the situation. Talk about being under a microscope! The first time they violate human rights, there will be a long list of nations ready to pounce at the opportunity to assist a rebel revolution against the US Government.

You also have to remember that many members of our military would be on the rebel side of the line, and not the fed's. I served and I know the mentality of the the average service member. They are as disgusted with our leaders as we are. But they will not raise arms unless the populace does. It's one thing to have a civil war, it's a whole other ball game when it's against an elite few.

Violent revolution will come to the US, no doubt. It's just a matter of time. The question is, how far will the American citizen allow the government control to grow before it starts. That my friend will dictate whether the revolution is successful or not.

Ad Mortem Fidelis!



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by omarm1984
Ok heres the back story:
The tarps were there protecting our stuff from the rain. As you may know, many protesters have been sleeping in this park.
When we came back from marching around Wall st. The cops decided they wanted to take away the tarps, but they wouldn't tell us why. So a few people laid down on top of the tarps so that the cops wouldn't take them. This is when the cops started picking those people up and throwing them out. As you can see at the 0:20 mark, that's a person getting thrown in the air by a cop.
We have permits, there's absolutely no reason for this to have taken place. The cops were just taking advantage our numbers that dwindled by the rain. They only did this to instigate us, because if they really had to take the tarps, they would've done it when most of us were away marching.

Most of these protesters have college degrees, they are all very well read and well spoken. They are not dead beats, they are dressed to get dirty not to impress the fashion police.

This is what democracy looks like.



I think it looked like a bunch of babies laying on the ground crying.
If the police officers wanted to take the tarps, so what, let them! And act like real men and gentlemen, unaffected by the rain!
That would have looked far more better then people being dragged along the ground because they are to childish and stubborn to walk for them selves. Just whining about everything.
How are you people ever going to be able to make a revolt if you are afraid of something as trivial as the rain or bad weather?
If a "peaceful" protest is done, stand tall no matter what!
This movie did not impress me the slightest.

Sorry for my harsh words, but that is how I felt from watching this.
Absolutely embarrassing.



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by Swills
 

haha swills what a party pooper.
did a youngster just beat an older person in an argument?
cause i dont see you coming up with an answer yet.
once again:
Q: how can we actually make real change without a violent uprising



Dude, get together and use your heads. Hit the man where it hurts most, his pocket. There are a gazillion ways to do it. Read Ghandi's autobiography if you need some ideas for effective non-violent protest.



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I dont side with the cops that much but I really dont see much violence here, not to mention no back story to the vid either. A bleeding finger and your ziptie is a little too tight? cry me a river


They could have been clubbing, tazing, and macing everyone there but they didnt.



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by undo
 


Err well last time i checked the numbers of homeless in America number in the millions, and all those things you mentioned which happened during the Egyptian revolution are already happening in America everyday without any revolution, so what more have the American people or any people around the world got to lose if they uprise. Oh and as for the government of Egypt which you say are even more restrictive...the elections have not even been held yet.

articles.cnn.com...:WORLD



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT
 


problem is, hitting "the man" hits everyone, and when people are already on edge, it turns into violence. stop asking them to foment a revolution. the only way to deal with this is legally, thru the normal channels, with good people. not by forcing the american people into a place where they can't feed themselves any longer, and kill each other in some kind of macabre display of karmic retribution for # people did hundreds of years ago, or even 10 minutes ago. we have not agreed as a people, to pretty much any of the stuff our military has been used for in foreign countries (that they told us about), since viet nam at the very least. that we have to be held accountable by the world for this crap is about as disgusting as it gets. and that racial characteristics and religion are brought into constantly, also stinks to high heaven. you bet this has to stop. it has to stop before alot of people get hurt.



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maccaron.Shakaron
reply to post by undo
 


Err well last time i checked the numbers of homeless in America number in the millions, and all those things you mentioned which happened during the Egyptian revolution are already happening in America everyday without any revolution, so what more have the American people or any people around the world got to lose if they uprise. Oh and as for the government of Egypt which you say are even more restrictive...the elections have not even been held yet.

articles.cnn.com...:WORLD


this thing is designed so that when it goes off, everyone suffers. i have already had my fair share of suffering, in fact, i've probably suffered enough for several people's lifetimes. i DO NOT want to suffer any more. i don't want to see my friends or family suffer anymore, i don't even want to see my enemies suffer any more. i'm f'in tired of suffering. comprende'? so no, fomenting revolution, not my idea of non suffering, rather a really good way to completely F up the country so that it really does suck like any other third world dictatorship.

NO THANK YOU.



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic

Originally posted by omarm1984
Ok heres the back story:
The tarps were there protecting our stuff from the rain. As you may know, many protesters have been sleeping in this park.
When we came back from marching around Wall st. The cops decided they wanted to take away the tarps, but they wouldn't tell us why. So a few people laid down on top of the tarps so that the cops wouldn't take them. This is when the cops started picking those people up and throwing them out. As you can see at the 0:20 mark, that's a person getting thrown in the air by a cop.
We have permits, there's absolutely no reason for this to have taken place. The cops were just taking advantage our numbers that dwindled by the rain. They only did this to instigate us, because if they really had to take the tarps, they would've done it when most of us were away marching.

Most of these protesters have college degrees, they are all very well read and well spoken. They are not dead beats, they are dressed to get dirty not to impress the fashion police.

This is what democracy looks like.



I think it looked like a bunch of babies laying on the ground crying.
If the police officers wanted to take the tarps, so what, let them! And act like real men and gentlemen, unaffected by the rain!
That would have looked far more better then people being dragged along the ground because they are to childish and stubborn to walk for them selves. Just whining about everything.
How are you people ever going to be able to make a revolt if you are afraid of something as trivial as the rain or bad weather?
If a "peaceful" protest is done, stand tall no matter what!
This movie did not impress me the slightest.

Sorry for my harsh words, but that is how I felt from watching this.
Absolutely embarrassing.


I politely disagree with you, and your assessment of the video.

Today your tarp...tomorrow your home, and freedom. Just look around you, it's already happening. It's not about "standing tall", stiff upper lip, and all that "big boys don't cry" crap. It's about "holding" on to what's yours. Holding on to what you have, no matter how small. No one should have the right to come and just TAKE what you have.

But, I'm just an old hippie from the "old days", so what would I know. What I do know is this....I live in a Great Country, with a Great Constitution, drawn up by Great Minds of the time...I will "protest" against those who act in a manner that attempts to negate that TRUTH.




top topics



 
112
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join