It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall St. Video of violent arrests today 9/20

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+57 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This happened this morning at 10am
Cops tried to take our stuff for no reason. As always NO media coverage.

edit on Tue Sep 20 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: edited in error

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by omarm1984

Given the photo series I've been watching out of the Wall Street "occupation", I'm going to guess the NYPD figured they were given Saturday, Sunday and even Monday to be fools down there and give the tourists a spectacle to gawk at. Enough is Enough at some point though. If it'd been a real protest? Sounds good... The photo series doesn't show a protest though, they show a bunch of middle-upper class kids trying to recreate their concept of what they think the 1960's must have been like or something.

Sorry if some people were rooting for this to 'be something' but it appears it never was. People just can't set up and camp out wherever they please, for however long they please. Society wouldn't work very well for very long with that going on just so kids can feel special and get some TV time. I think Ill conceived would be a fair description of the whole idea.

edit on 20-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Looks like a Police State to me

What were these peaceful protesters doing to warrant this level of antagonism....

Oh that's tight...exercising their Constitutional right to gather and make their thoughts known.

God Bless 'em all!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I wouldn't call those arrests violent, more like uncomfortable arrests. And we all know people were going to get arrested, it's only a matter of time. I support the protest but I also know people are looking to be made a martyr and there are those who will refuse to cooperate with the police, which is why we only see a handful being arrested vs everyone being arrested via SWAT/riot police. I wonder what the story is, why are they being arrested? And what's with the tarps?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I would have liked to have seen what altercation (if any) took place prior to the cuffing.

I was curious, who were the men in the suits walking around?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'm going to assume that this demonstration had a legal permit, or this would've happened much earlier. I am further guessing that the permit expired last night, or this morning.

I really didn't see any police violence, no tasers, doesn't mean it didn't happen. It reminded me of the peacefull sit-ins of the '60 and '70, that did result in real violence. But this wasn't anything like those days.
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldWriter

[removed off topic remark]

Protesting is not about violence, especially unwarranted violence. Violence is not the answer, ever. Isn't that right MLK?
edit on Tue Sep 20 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

violence is the answer when it comes to ridding the world of the tyrany that controls it, becaus we all know tptb wont actually listen to peacefull protests. nothing good will come from it apart from raising awarness
we must fight
or we are going to loose our freedoms very soon

edit on 20-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

Oh I disagree. If you try to fight the US Gov't via violence you will lose your life. You cannot fight the police, National Guard, federal agents, or the military, all of which can and will be used against you while making you out to be the terrorist. They would love nothing more than for you to become violent, because when you do they win. Violence is the wrong choice and the only choice for those who cannot think. It's a shame people are starring you, supporting violence. Shame on all of you.

Some of you need to read Ghandi. Peaceful protests win, not violent ones.

edit on 20-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Oh I disagree. If you try to fight the US Gov't via violence you will lose your life. You cannot fight the police, National Guard, federal agents, or the military, all of which can and will be used against you while making you out to be the terrorist. Violence is the wrong choice and the only choice for those who cannot think.

thats what they want you to think
we have the numbers. of course some will die, but its for the freedom of our children.
just like the admiration for our forefathers who 'faught for your freedom' and this is no different.

if we dont do something soon, well do i really need to point out where the world is heading?

i agree, violence is terrible. but thats the tool they use to control the world
and we cant stop it unless we fight fire with fire. because peacefull protest does not change the fact that they control the currency that controls the world

edit on 20-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

No. You are wrong. How old are you? You don't have to answer but I'm assuming you're young and don't understand how the world works.

Violent revolution is never the answer. It worked for our forefathers but that doesn't mean it will work again. Just look at the French revolution, and learn what a complete tragedy that was. You really think modern day Americans can handle a violent revolution? You've got to be kidding me!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Just a thought here, but the most recent numbers for the NYPD put their manpower at roughly 34,500 Officers. Kick who out again?? Lol.... If those yuppie kids actually managed to force the police to take a few steps back, the few dozen would grow into hundreds or, if needed, THOUSANDS of Police the second time they moved in. Lets have a REAL protest. Even Israel managed to pull off a serious show of 'pissed off' with over 400,000 on the street. THAT kind of protest changes things....This? This just gives TPTB some passing amusement and an arrest record for the kids.

Wall Street Occupation #1

Wall Street Occupation #2

C'mon, lets at least stay honest about what we see happening. This was no protest. This was a party the cops became tired of putting up with as it went into a 4th day.

link   

No. You are wrong. How old are you? You don't have to answer but I'm assuming you're young and don't understand how the world works.

Violent revolution is never the answer. It worked for our forefathers but that doesn't mean it will work again. Just look at the French revolution, and learn what a complete tragedy that was. You really think Americans can handle a violent revolution? You've got to be kidding me!

haha im very young
and i would safely say that i understand very well the way the world works

nothing is really going to change if we dont take action.
you can do all the peaceful protest you want but nothing will change. and even if something does it wont be significant
do you honestly think the world is heading for a bright future if we dont do something? and if so how

link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

People just can't set up and camp out wherever they please, for however long they please.

Why not? Wall Street does.

Society wouldn't work very well for very long with that going on just so kids can feel special and get some TV time.

Society DOESN'T work. And they're maybe not trying to hog tv time, again NO COVERAGE. Maybe they are just trying to change things. Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

...I wouldn't call those arrests violent, more like uncomfortable arrests.

...Violence is the wrong choice and the only choice for those who cannot think.

It wouldn't be violence, it would just be "uncomfortable", right?

For someone who doesn't like violence, you sure are lenient when it comes to cops using violence. I guess a bloodied finger and loss of circulation is not violent to you?
edit on 20-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

It really makes me sick that cops come in, start violently arresting people, zip-tying them so tight that they're cutting off circulation, thrusting their knees into people's backs while they cry out in pain, and people just sit there and do nothing. I mean seriously how can cops just do this crap and get away with it? How can other cops just stand there and watch it?

You can bet your bottom dollar that some of the Wall Street fat-cats made some phone calls and had these police come down.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

Violent revolution is never the answer. It worked for our forefathers but that doesn't mean it will work again. Just look at the French revolution, and learn what a complete tragedy that was. You really think Americans can handle a violent revolution? You've got to be kidding me!

haha im very young
and i would safely say that i understand very well the way the world works

nothing is really going to change if we dont take action.
you can do all the peaceful protest you want but nothing will change. and even if something does it wont be significant
do you honestly think the world is heading for a bright future if we dont do something? and if so how

All youngsters think they know everything, which of course what they know is very little. What you & I don't know could fill all the libraries in all of the world and then some. You clearly don't know how anything works if you think violence is the answer and peaceful protests get you nowhere
I'm not even gonna point you in the right direction to show you how wrong you are, because you wouldn't bother to listen.

You don't know jack. Responding to you and repeating myself is a waste of my time. Hopefully others will see this as well and ignore your comments.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join