It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, A Terrorist, A Drug Dealer, and an Under-Reported Story Walk into a Bar…

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

Well, I knew about Salma Hayek, but I had no idea she was trying to destroy the US in a plot of Islamic-Narco-Jihad Mariachi-ism...

Lebanese immigration to Mexico started in the 19th and early 20th centuries.[2] Roughly 100,000 Arabic-speakers settled in Mexico during this time period. They settled in significant numbers in Nayarit, Puebla, Mexico City and the Northern part of the country (mainly in the states of Baja California, Nuevo Leon, Sinaloa, Chihuahua, Coahuila, and Durango, as well as the city of Tampico and Guadalajara).

During the 1948 Israel-Lebanon war and the Six-Day War, thousands of Lebanese left Lebanon and went to Mexico, first arriving in Veracruz. Although Lebanese made up less than 5% of the total immigrant population in Mexico during the 1930s, they constituted half of the immigrant economic activity.[3]

Immigration of Lebanese in Mexico has influenced Mexican culture, in particular food, where they have introduced Kibbeh, Tabbouleh and even created recipes such as Tacos Árabes. By 1765, Dates, which originated in North Africa and the Middle East, were introduced into Mexico by the Spaniards. The fusion between Arab and Mexican food has highly influenced the Yucatecan cuisine.

Another concentration of Lebanese-Mexicans is in Baja California facing the US-Mexican border, esp. in cities of Mexicali in the Imperial Valley US/Mexico, and Tijuana across from San Diego with a large Lebanese American community (about 280,000), some of whose families have relatives in Mexico.

The majority of Lebanese-Mexicans are Christians who belong to the Maronite Church, Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox and Eastern Rite Catholic Churches. A scant number are Muslims.
Wikipedia on Lebanese Mexicans...

EDIT: Also, Ralph Nader is Lebanese-American...so, if that is what you get with Lebanese immigration, we could probably use more...

edit on 24-9-2011 by Sphota because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I did notice the number of "organizations" on the US/Mexico borser when I was looking at this the other day..

projects.washingtonpost.com...

lets hope that TPTP are not preparing for war with Mexico...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

Look, Sphota, I am in no way intending to bash Lebanonese Christians in Mexico. In fact, I have a Christian Arab last name.

I agree with you on Nader. I have no idea who Hayek is?

Anyways, I concur with you on the ancient data. But where can we find newer information within the last ten years? (after the assassination, downfall of govt., tourism in the region, wars with Israel, etc.)

I am simply saying it is possible that more Muslims from Lebanon, Syria and Iraq have arrived in Mexico due to economic/political upheaval and plans from Hizbullah. The poster I replied to indicated that it was a far stretch to see a Middle Easterner as a part of Mexico's drug cartels. I do believe that because of the similarities between the two countries--heavy tourism and drug trade--that there's not solid proof, but conditions for some likelihood that this may be occurring. I did not intend to include "Christians" in this, although again it depends on econoomic desperation.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
reply to post by BurningSpearess

EDIT: Also, Ralph Nader is Lebanese-American...so, if that is what you get with Lebanese immigration, we could probably use more...

edit on 24-9-2011 by Sphota because: (no reason given)

Im old enough to remember Nader's fear mongering influence on our economy and our lives.
He's a self promoting nut-job.
He always has been.

"Unsafe at any speed" is why you know his name.
You should read it with open eyes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join