It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help needed to find a star!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Hi my friend who lost her son a few years back had a Star named after him, and i hope one of my fellow ats members could help me find it?

star technical details; SAO number, 91792 right ascension: 0h14m36s declination: +20 degrees12,24" constellation: pegasus visual mag.indicator:4.8

if somebody could please find it from them details actually circle the star, and send me a link so i can download the picture i would be eternally grateful.
she has been struggling to find it for quite a while and i am not the best, with stars at all.
any help would be great thanks guys!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by brettcal82

You may want to download this program and find it yourself so you know that you've got the right one.

It is simple to use, will run on a small computer and you can print off a nice sky chart for her with information about the star and a view of it's neiborhood.
The program is called Cartes du Ciel.

edit on 20-9-2011 by dainoyfb because: I added more info.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
go to Google sky

search for Alpheratz, and that will get you close, then just scroll around to the right co-ordinates.

Hope that helps

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
reply to post by brettcal82

You may want to download this program and find it yourself so you know that you've got the right one.

Thanks i will give it a go

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I seem to be the one who tells people what they don't want to hear.

Stars aren't named that way. Star-Name selling is a hoax.

www.skyandtelescope.com...

(P.S.: Name-It-Yourself Stars Are a Hoax!)

There are oodles of links confirming this.
edit on 20/9/2011 by Trexter Ziam because: s-d typo

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
You've found one right here

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
I seem to be the one who tells people what they don't want to hear.

Stars aren't named that way. Star-Name selling is a hoax.

www.skyandtelescope.com...

(P.S.: Name-It-Yourself Stars Are a Hoax!)

There are oodles of links confirming this.
edit on 20/9/2011 by Trexter Ziam because: s-d typo

It might be a hoax but it was a nice gesture, if you got nothing nice to say dont say anything, I came here for help, that was all.
The coloured sand you get in glass bottles are a hoax as well i suppose

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hi, you could try downloading Stellarium its very easy to use

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by brettcal82
It might be a hoax but it was a nice gesture, if you got nothing nice to say dont say anything, I came here for help, that was all.

You got your help, and, you didn't want to hear it as expected.

You can't find that star by that name; because the entire "Name-a-Star" racket of selling star names is a hoax. People get a piece of paper and that's about it.

Yep, coloured sand is dyed!
Actually, I never looked up the coloured sand trick so that was my bad attempt at humour.

But, I did KNOW for certain that stars aren't named that way. I'll let you dig around and find out how stars are named. Maybe you'll be more polite and grateful next time somebody HELPS you.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

Originally posted by brettcal82

You got your help, and, you didn't want to hear it as expected.

You can't find that star by that name; because the entire "Name-a-Star" racket of selling star names is a hoax. People get a piece of paper and that's about it.

Yep, coloured sand is dyed!
Actually, I never looked up the coloured sand trick so that was my bad attempt at humour.

But, I did KNOW for certain that stars aren't named that way. I'll let you dig around and find out how stars are named. Maybe you'll be more polite and grateful next time somebody HELPS you.

It dont matter if the stars not really named after him thats not the point, I have found the star from the co-ordinates and its made my friend happy after months of searching, the star exists, and she now has a picture of it, and its made her day.
And that was from the real help other members gave me, it wasn't from your sarcastic comments.
edit on 20-9-2011 by brettcal82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by contradictory
go to Google sky

search for Alpheratz, and that will get you close, then just scroll around to the right co-ordinates.

Hope that helps

thanks alot man that really helped

top topics

join