It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FoxNews disrespecting PFC Jessica Lynch!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I constantly hear female newscasters, particularly 2 blonde bimbo Fox newscasters named Laurie Dhue and Rita Cosby, refer to PFC Lynch as "Jessie" or "Jessica". I find it very offensive. After being shot, stabbed, tortured, starved for 9 days, broken limbs, head injuries, et al, I think she deserves to be called a soldier. Laurie Dhue and Rita Cosby should know first-hand what it means to try to make a place for themselves in a male-dominated industry. Her name is Private First Class Jessica Lynch!!!!! I don' t hear anyone referring to Brig. Gen. Vincent Brooks as "Vinnie." Women in the military and everywhere have made great strides, so they should be a little more respectful. People in the media should refer to her as "Private First Class Jessica Lynch", not "Jessica" or "Jessie" as if she were some cupie doll. PFC Lynch made huge sacrifices in serving her Country, and I can assure you that she doesn't feel like a cupie doll right now. Laurie Dhue and Rita Cosby, along with FoxNews should be tarred, feathered and hung out to dry somewhere in Iraq!

Please email FoxNews and complain. You can put all of these addresses in your address book: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I wish you would shut up.

Jessica diserves no attention, women shouldn't be in the military.

We disrespected Jessica by acting like Nazis, and putting her in harms way (as Nazis did in WW2, making soldiers out of women, not just red cross and nurses and #t), women have no place in the military.

She deserves no more attention than the men who died freeing the world from the Nazis, yet do they recieve any attention anymore? No, we can barely even make a memorial to them.

Dumb bastards.

When REAL war begins (not this beat up the republican gaurd crap), women will wish they were back home bare-foot and pregnant.

It's one thing to make them snipers, or suppliers, another thing to put them into the meat grinder.

Bozos.

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hey, women wanted to be treated equally to men, didnt they?

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Those women were proven fools long ago.

There's one thing about being able to get a job and have equal pay, it's another thing about being on the front lines and being shot at...

It's been proven by psychologists and sociologists and human behavioralists, that Inter-Gender Groups do not work as efficiently as groups composed of a single Gender.

This isn't because of just sexuality, it is a myriad of things.

And while we don't see it yet, because our military's strength comes so much from technology (since no one can face us man to man yet), it doesn't matter if women are in the military or not.

But when those Nazis come back and try to create their "Master Race" those women will be a damned burden.

Guys have had hard enough times copping with the deaths of Replacements who were men, how fuked up are they going to be when they have to see some fuking VERY HOT CHICK, replace a very good friend of theirs, and then she like any other replacement stupidly blows up one day.

That kinda stuff haunts memories man...we don't need to be screwing up humanity by adding such burdens.

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
5POF, do you have actual evidence proving why women should not be allowed into the military?

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Aside from the fact that about 80% of the people in Basic Training who blow themselves up in the Santi-huts with grenades are Women.

Aside from the fact that the average woman can not throw a grenade far enough to not hurt herself.

Aside from the fact that women on average are physically weaker

Aside from the fact women have shown an aversion to killing children, and to steeling their hearts. (Surely anyone who is married realizes women are EMOTIONAL BEINGS, not the physical "Grr me beat up that slug" type of beings that men can so easily be).

Aside from countless research into human psyche that shows inter-gender groups do infact perform less efficiently when trying to achieve stressful goals.

Yeah I'd say there's A MOUNTAIN OF EVIDENCE.

Our culture is not the "jungle tribes of Borneo" where there men act like women (seriously, girly, weak, timid, emotional, touchy feely laughy kinda people), and the women act like men (grr me beat up them slugs and take me a sex slave grrrr).

That is not our culture...women grow up with life in mind, with family, not with Death, and War, and the idea of "Brotherhood".

Brotherhood is a concept that doesn't leach over into women, or it would be called "Humanhood" or such. Just as Sisterhood is a bond between women.

These bonds are not intermixable. Two soldiers in a foxhole become Brothers.

What would a guy and a woman do in a foxhole? Well the guy probably would think (I got a moment, damn if she'd just take her shirt off).

And I haven't a clue what a women would think, but it'd most certainly NOT be sexual.

Then of course let's say the woman's head get's blown off...that would really put a damper on the dude's day, especially if she was his wife.

I'll leave you with this one important question

What is the point of putting Women into the military?

That just means you have to take a Man out of the Military. You can not have a husband and wife in the military together, even if they are on opposite ends of the earth.

Because when the spouce recieves the death notice, they become combat-ineffective.

"Hate is the path to defeat" (You can not help but hate those who kill your spouce. It's one thing when it's a brother, another when it is your loved-one.)

What is to be gained by putting women in the military? Nothing.

Either it's a military of all women, or all men, because when you need to maximize the numbers in the service, you can't have both, one replaces the other.

[Edited on 6-4-2003 by 5POF]

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5POF

We disrespected Jessica by acting like Nazis, and putting her in harms way (as Nazis did in WW2, making soldiers out of women, not just red cross and nurses and #t), women have no place in the military.

She deserves no more attention than the men who died freeing the world from the Nazis, yet do they recieve any attention anymore? No, we can barely even make a memorial to them.

Dumb bastards.

When REAL war begins (not this beat up the republican gaurd crap), women will wish they were back home bare-foot and pregnant.

It's one thing to make them snipers, or suppliers, another thing to put them into the meat grinder.

Bozos.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I hope no one called you an a--hole for your remarks about women. You're not an a--hole, you're the whole a--.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Good for you, I think you're a dishonorable bastard, who should go to hell.

Women shouldn't be on the front lines, and I think all this attention they are giving to Jessie, is disrespectful to the morality America USED to stand for, and I think it is more disrespectful since it is putting her on a "higher pedestal" than those who equally deserve credit right now.

The Soldiers who saved us from Nazism. The soldiers in Vietnam, in Korea.

They all did mountains more than Jessie, and Jessie shouldn't even be there.

Take your "liberal feminist crap" elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Already proven that jess was not stabbed or shot, but rather captured in an ambush then slapped around like we do the afghan POWs in the illegal detention camp.

Next, women should not be in the front line combat unless the entire platon is made up of women that have NO ACCESS to the men. The amazons were so successful because they did not allow men to become anything but a sperm donor...no fraternization.

Once both sexes get involved in something, the drama starts and foolish actions are taken by those with feelings for one another...you know, a girl will waste her last bullet on the enemy who is beating her man, and let the other members of her squad get burned up by the guy with the flamethrower, should that situation arise.

I saw a funny video of women training to be firefighters, and falling down because the ladder was too heavy for them....tragic. Women, contrary to what they want to believe, are not cut out to perform the duties of men. Thats why we have 2 sexes.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Well I'm not sure entirely of your point, but I agree fully and that really is my ONLY point which you also mentioned.

The Amazons, yes they were great fighters, but as you said, because there was no "fraternization".

If the Army were entirely women it'd be every bit as capable as if it were entirely men.

This whole "man//woman" mix is bull$hit.

And since our culture generally deems it honorable for the man to protect his lady, it makes more sense to stick with that.

No need to make a completely reversal.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst
5POF, do you have actual evidence proving why women should not be allowed into the military?

Into the military, YES ! Into the battlefield, NO NO and NO !

Would you like to have XENA as wife ?

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Good for you, I think you're a dishonorable bastard, who should go to hell.

Women shouldn't be on the front lines, and I think all this attention they are giving to Jessie, is disrespectful to the morality America USED to stand for, and I think it is more disrespectful since it is putting her on a "higher pedestal" than those who equally deserve credit right now.

The Soldiers who saved us from Nazism. The soldiers in Vietnam, in Korea.

They all did mountains more than Jessie, and Jessie shouldn't even be there.

Take your "liberal feminist crap" elsewhere.

What's wrong man ?!?! I have noticed that your mood has changed. Your girlfriend isn't giving you none huh. Well don't take it out on the women on this board or the ones fighting oversees. Just get you a bottle of lotion and realx

We disrespected Jessica by acting like Nazis, and putting her in harms way (as Nazis did in WW2, making soldiers out of women, not just red cross and nurses and ----), women have no place in the military.

Dumb bastards.

Bozos.

What the hell are you talking about. This girl was bout it. She used up all of her ammo shooting at the iraqi's. Then when her ammo ran out she got stabed from hand to hand combat. She does deserve respect, i'm pretty sure that was the point that gprints was trying to make.

[Edited on 7-4-2003 by abstract_alao]

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
But a point that 5POF is trying to make is that women still wont shoot those bastard lion cubs.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
FreeMason, err, Hammerite, I mean, 5POF!

I am sorry to inform you that women do not as a rule live barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen any more.

Women, at least the ones that I know, are very independent, active, and forthright in controlling thier own lives. Yes, that means they have the right to put themselves in harms way, if they so desire.

I have seen it posted in places that it was irresponsible of her, or perhaps the military in general, to put her in harms way, and therefore cause the lives of additional men (the SEAL entry team) to be put in jeapardy in order to rescue her. Of the military people I personally know, I dont know of anyone who actually believes this.(Midnight Mutilator, I would be interested in your views on this particular subject)

I believe PFC Jessica Lynch deserves a Purple Heart and a great deal of respect. She attempted to defend herself, her unit, and her country to the best of her ability, and she continued to resist and survive in the harshest of conditions.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I cannot speak to the weapons ability of PFC Lynch, although it was obviously above par if she took out a number of the enemy. However, I know several women who are very familiar with weapons, and if a threat is present and obvious, they dont have a problem neutralizing it with extreme prejudice.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I too do not agree with women joining the forces...

BUT- Your reasons are just plain egotistical(as I knew you were anyway) and dogmatic!

5POF-M quote-Guys have had hard enough times copping with the deaths of Replacements who were men, how fuked up are they going to be when they have to see some fuking VERY HOT CHICK, replace a very good friend of theirs, and then she like any other replacement stupidly blows up one day.

and this-Aside from the fact women have shown an aversion to killing children, and to steeling their hearts. (Surely anyone who is married realizes women are EMOTIONAL BEINGS, not the physical "Grr me beat up that slug" type of beings that men can so easily be).

AND THIS!-What would a guy and a woman do in a foxhole? Well the guy probably would think (I got a moment, damn if she'd just take her ---- off).

The above were all quotes by the MALE CHAUVINISTIC PIG who calls himself 5POF(and I think we all know who YOU really are) you are just as ignorant with this member name as you were with the other one(s)?

Let me just tell you one little thing there boy! Just because women are feminine, hot, or "emotional beings" as you so plainly put it-does not mean that we can't kick your ass or save it!! Here or on the battle field!
You obviously have "issues" with your masculinity BIG time!
And since apparantly?? The admin and mods let severe name calling and disrespect go on, on the board...I'll leave you with this...(and I think I'm speaking for every woman on the board here) WE (women) brought your pathetic little azz into this world-need I remind you how?- We are the ones who listen to your azz when you need an ear-we are the ones who sleep with your dumbaazz when you are horny or want a child- and WE are the ones YOU come crawling back to when we DUMP you for someone who respects us!
I actually think you (get off) on having people dislike you? I think without reading this particular post I wouldn't have minded debating with you on other topics.
But now? H E L L NO! You aren't worth the time or the effort from me EVER! You have proven yourself right here in this post!

Now Go play with yourself! You might feel better!

Magestica

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
In the first place its more than likely the reason the reporters were using the privates first name. Was so as to personalize the experience for viewers. Rather that presenting her as a soldier they were appealing to the viewing public in respect to her being a person.

As far as women in combat theories assigned to such duties are not the wusses some here believe they are.

Psychological test have shown that with respect to maternal instincts. A woman in the military engaged in combat thinks about the children of her own country and responds in kind. While they are physically weaker it is well known that a woman's threshold for pain is much higher than that of a man.

Women who enter the military do so knowing the consequences, those that perform to the expectations required of the positions offered in that vocation in general deserve them.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
...this would have been an interesting debate...if it wasn't for a certain someone descending to immature name-calling...

...attack the point, not the person...

...and preferrably debate it some place else, for this thread is now locked...got a problem with that, PM me...

Peace,
ALIEN

[Edited on 7-4-2003 by alien]

new topics

top topics

join