It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Sheen Roast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Anybody get to see this last night? I missed it, but it's on again tonight if you want to see it (Comedy Central).

So, if you missed it, and want to see it, you still have a chance.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

i actually enjoyed it
which is weird for me because i usually hate anything celebrity related and mainstream
but it was funny i guess
and the celebrities were sort of ok i guess. i feel bad saying this haha but yeah

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
it wasn' as good as i had hoped. pretty light actually. mike tyson was an idiot,i think he was drunk!

i guess it was worth checking out,but bill shatner's roast was way better!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I don't suppose there exists a youtube vid of it or something?
The whole Charlie Sheen wackiness is suprisingly kindly accepted in hollywood, almost as if its a common enough problem to garner some sympathy from other celebs.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
mike tyson was the funniest dude there

did anybody notice the 2 rocket ships charlie was sitting between? one of them said CSAF and the other said TRUTH, is that some kind of secret message to viewers or do i just need to go drink more tiger blood?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yeah, they really handle Charlie with "kid gloves."

I don't understand why Patrice O'Neal and his battle with diabetes was the target of so many jokes. They were, for the most part, in such bad taste, that you could see Charlie Sheen's heart kinda break as he watched the carnage against someone who wasn't being roasted.

When it was time for Patrice O'Neal to take the dias, he ruffled some pages, brushed them aside and addressed his disgust "I'm dying of diabetes, and you guys are joking about my death?" (Or something like that) Good for him.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

yeah they were deffinitely taking it too far on that, and then that girl made the ryan dunn joke to steve o, mike tyson shouldve knocked her out

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
its a roast if you go and sit in those nice big comfy chairs on the stage you accept the fact you will.. in fact be roasted or roasting....the roast is a no bars comedy deal...there really are no limits to what can be said sure you may have felt bad for steve-o. but this is what comedy is a no holds bar make fun.....common Courtesy goes out the door the moment u get into a roast and its a free for all....dont like the heat dont stand in the fire..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The Shatner one was pretty epic. He rode in on a horse, and Sulu said, "I've always wanted to say this...F*#$ you, and the horse you rode in on!" I just about died of laughter then...

So, I've got high hopes for the Sheen one.

Yeah, most of them usually do seem drunk and/or stoned... I remember one where Pam Anderson was so stoned she could hardly function....

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Mike Tyson was probably the best one out of the lot of them.

2nd.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Finally got to see this... I loved John Lovitz' rippings....and yes, Mike Tyson was hysterical. That girl Amy though, really went low though (and not on Charlie as much)...

Disease and kid custody are two areas that really should be left out of a roast...not in good taste there.

Charlie was a great sport about it though, he really was (as was his former GF in the audience)....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

They should have left the death of Ryan Dunn alone. That was just too disheartening for Steve-O. You could almost see him shed a tear.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Yeah, that was another one that was over the line....

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Finally got to see this... I loved John Lovitz' rippings....and yes, Mike Tyson was hysterical. That girl Amy though, really went low though (and not on Charlie as much)...

Disease and kid custody are two areas that really should be left out of a roast...not in good taste there.

Charlie was a great sport about it though, he really was (as was his former GF in the audience)....

I didn't watch the roast, but I read quite a bit about it. This was a roast, everybody gets it. Both the focus of the roast and the people roasting. It's what happens. It's a mean event, if they didn't want to be a part of it they should've said no. That includes Charlie Sheen.

Also, Charlie Sheen is a genuinely awful person who has ruined a lot of lives, including those of his children. He's a mess of a person, he'd be pitiable if he weren't so unrepentant and indulgent. Somebody telling him he's never going to see his kids again isn't half as bad as the fact that his daughters are going to someday learn how their father treated women. He shouldn't have custody of his children and if people make a joke about that at a roast maybe it'll make him think about his actions.

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
reply to post by Gazrok

They should have left the death of Ryan Dunn alone. That was just too disheartening for Steve-O. You could almost see him shed a tear.

I also don't get this. From what I can see the joke was this: "'I'm sorry for the loss of your friend Ryan Dunn.
'I know you were thinking, "It could have been me," and I know we were all thinking "Why wasn't it?"

First, how is that about Ryan Dunn? She says his name, but it's not like she's saying, "Ryan Dunn is dead, hooray!" She's making a joke that nobody cares about Steve-O. Also, Ryan Dunn died in a drunk driving accident, something a lot of people seem to forget or ignore. Since when are we so sensitive about people who were driving drunk and killed themselves and ANOTHER PERSON. I liked Ryan Dunn, I wish he were still around, but he didn't die tragically, he'd die stupidly.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'm all for some good roasting, but I (and many others) simply felt some things went over the line...simple as that. Different strokes for different folks. From the audience reactions, I can tell I was not alone.

Yes, I won't argue with you that Charlie is not a good person, or that he doesn't deserve his kids. That's a no-brainer. I'm not "upset" or anything, I just think it was in pretty poor taste is all.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calex1987
its a roast if you go and sit in those nice big comfy chairs on the stage you accept the fact you will.. in fact be roasted or roasting....the roast is a no bars comedy deal...there really are no limits to what can be said sure you may have felt bad for steve-o. but this is what comedy is a no holds bar make fun.....common Courtesy goes out the door the moment u get into a roast and its a free for all....dont like the heat dont stand in the fire..

Agreed and hell, as someone who used to love watching Jackass back in the day and was shocked at Dunn's death, that joke was hilarious.

She was the funniest person there. The others maybe had one or two decent jokes each but she hit more than she missed with her gags.

Mike Tyson.....no words to describe how embarrassing and unfunny he was.
edit on 24/9/2011 by curious7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I can't believe that Steve-O guy threw his face into Tyson's fist twice! I kinda liked Tyson's presence there...he was funny to watch. His roast wasn't that great, but he was funny when he was sitting down. It was kool to see William Shatner in there too...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It was fun but not as good as I expected it to be, so I was a wee bit dissappointed. Compared to Pam Anderson's and the bits I saw of William Shatner's it definitely wasn't up to par.

Can't stand that Stevo guy either and was surprised he was shocked at some joke or other for being in poor taste. It was all over the newspapers.

But saying all that, Charlie was looking good and I think he had fun.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Having seen the classic "Dean Martin roasts" ,which were really funny and classy,i find the new version of this show cheap and distasteful.
I have only watched 2 roasts: the one on William Shatner,which distgusted me and this one,because everyone told me that it was really funny.
Well it wasn't.

I felt that the jokes were ice cold,some things should have been left out(like the children for example) and it felt more like ass kissing(excuse my french) than a roast.
Shatner was a little better than the rest and Charlie's speech at the end was a little funny.

The only thing i really enjoyed was Slash's solo.

One thing for sure,i ain't watching another "roast" anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

The Joan Rivers roast was funny but the thing is, with the American roasts, a lot of the jokes go way over my head because I have no clue what's being made fun of or who half the roasters are.

With the short lived British version, they used a lot of comedians I didn't find funny before the roasts although Jimmy Carr is always good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join