It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breitbart: Conservatives ‘outnumber’ liberals, ‘and we have the guns’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

I'm sure you and your military connections have it all figured out, but really - end of the day it's still sedition to plot rebellion against the government.

James Hoffa Jr is the government? Or did you mean unions in general? It's sort of refreshing to see a left-winger finally admit that!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
So is the hate and division along partisan lines enough to foster violence, blood in the streets?

You'd be surprised at the tinky sparks that will light big fuses. As an example, look at the spark for WWI.

Will it be a revolution or a race war?

Neither, although I'm sure the left will try to spin it into both.

How is the "enemy" identified?

It really depends on which side your on as to identification of the enemy, but a good general rule for any side is: the guy that's trying to kill ya? He ain't a friendly sort.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

the enemy is defined

by the scarlets Rs

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
Breitbart is a shill. He is part of the GOP/Rove hate machine, and his purpose is to continue distracting the suckers who vote Republican.

Signed,

Well Armed Liberal

I don't vote Republican, since they've abandoned all conservative principles after the neocon takeover. That's doesn't mean I don't know who this rhetoric is aimed squarely at.

Signed,

VERY Well Armed Conservative, Who Actually Knows Just What it Takes to Pull That Trigger.

edit on 2011/9/21 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
OP, I don't know why the conservatives believe they have the guns. Ever been to East LA? Chicago South side? Seems to me there are millions of guns, so I wouldn't get too uppity.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
Why don't you divide America in two parts, instead of killing each other? say, the West Coast up to and including Kansas will be the Republican United States, and the rest up to the East Coast will be the Democrats United States. Let's see then who does better.

We tried that once before - about 150 years ago. It didn't turn out so well, and we're still having aftershocks. California is on the Left Coast (there's a reason they call it the "Left Coast", btw) and I'm sure most Californians would be quite a bit less than giddy at being stranded in a conservative enclave.

Also, just so you'll know, Republicans aren't conservative any more, since the Neocons took over the party. They started out as liberals around the time of the civil war, and they'll be going out the same way, it appears.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy
Anybody with half a brain/heart/conscience, whether right or left, will also resist fascist hunts of left-wingers if neo-fascist right-wing ideologues successfully brainwash/scare enough right-wingers.

Call me either brainless or heartless. Your choice. I will hunt ANYONE who has declared their intention to hunt me. I'm not going to just sit still and wait for 'em to find me. I don't care which wing they fly with, or which "ism" they subscribe to. If they intend to hunt me, it's on.

Breitbart said "conservatives outnumber them, and we have the guns" whether he;s right or not about that isn't the issue. He has stated what many are thinking - "keep talkin' that trash, and see how long we wait". it was a warning to proceed with caution, not a threat.

Contrast that with what Hoffa said - "The one thing about working people is we like a good fight. And you know what? They've got a war, they got a war with us and there's only going to be one winner." and "President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let's take these son of bitches out ".

Sure sounds more like a declaration of intent than a warning to proceed with caution to me.

WHO did you claim was going to start hunting WHOM again? Oh, yeah, you said:

fascist hunts of left-wingers

That ain't the view from this hilltop. Looks a little bass ackwards.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Originally posted by narwahl
reply to post by Alxandro

No, sorry.... doesn't cut it.
Tweeting "Die you bastard" is nowhere near openly hoping for violence that that posting conveyed.

Selectivity at it's best.
Guns is not a bad word, yet bastard is.

Interesting how you conveniently reference the most tamest tweet from a vile assortment of left wing hate.

Erm... reality to alexandro?
I am the first to agree that that poster was living out some fantasy and isn't propably really going to do it, but tell me, where in this sentence is the metaphor or hyperbole?

The looney left may then find out to most on the right gun control means being able to hit your target. And guns kill from a lot farther away than rocks and molotov cocktails.

This isn't generic "somebody shoot him"

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Its guys like this who are giving the tea party it's extremist reputation. I think the main point in the article is the fact that it was a very small group listening. This guy does'nt speak for the tea party or even the majority of the tea party. He's nothing more than a big mouthes extremist, they're on both sides of the aisle and were it not for the internet spreading they're message would be unheard of today.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by orbitbaby

Breitbart is actually a born again Liberal who saw the errors of his liberal ways. He also realized what the liberals were trying to do to this country.

He has some good advice to the Gen. Y crowd.

Yeah and Hitler was a liberal too. Sure.

edit on 21-9-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I was referring to a frame of mind, not a physical location.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by orbitbaby

Breitbart is actually a born again Liberal who saw the errors of his liberal ways. He also realized what the liberals were trying to do to this country.

He has some good advice to the Gen. Y crowd.

Yeah and Hitler was a liberal too. Sure.

edit on 21-9-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

The KKK was founded by democrats. Perhaps part of Breitbarts realization and the deliberate misdirection created by said party over the years.

Oppression via govt. means and authority.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This thread is a shining example of why the American people will never get their country back or solve the ills of our government. I believe tptb sit back and laugh at all the extremist rhetoric. They know it will allow them to continue to do as they please, whilst we fight among ourselves.

Classic divide and conquer.

Americans(myself included) have always owned guns as a means of protecting our property, rights and homeland. It now appears, though, that we want guns to force our opinions upon anyone who has a different opinion. Hmmmm

Many of the freedoms that have made this country great are now tearing it down.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I think that both sides can really, really, really do without any of the wording that suggests violence towards the other side, even veiled references that you can plausibly deny. It doesn't help make you case when doing that, IMO. It's a sideshow that becomes the main focus of discussion rather than something a little more important .....oh like....... the Deficit.

Both sides have been saying things that quite frankly, don't belong in a political debate/dialogue.

You can disagree with your counterpart without having to resort to such verbal tactics.

Both side can do better than that. You arguments should be able to stand on their own merits without such hyperbole.

For the Record, I am a Conservative leaning Libertarian kinda Tea Party Neocon.

Stepping off Soapbox now, it's pretty slippery anyway.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Glad to see the whole Conservative vs Liberal machine in operation. A political ploy to keep us all divided so they can conquer.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I was referring to a frame of mind, not a physical location.

I'm pleased to say that our frame of mind is treating us pretty good, thank you. Between our health care system and our banking practices, not near as many people are being thrown out of our homes through bankruptcy as you folks seem to enjoy.

It's no accident that you'd be pretty hard pressed to find Canadians that want to swap systems with you.

But as a rule you're still a kindly folk, and a nice place to visit.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hmm...interesting thread we got going here

First off, I am a proud liberal. I choose to be liberal due to its philosophical ideology seeming to be the most reasonable and best for progression as a civilization towards the final endevor...which is colonizing space and advancing medicine to where we self evolve ourselves by our desires.

But in the meantime, yep, lots of clashing of ideas and ideals.

Now, when someone from any side starts discussing violent resolution over philosophical political stands, I would ask my liberal friends to please don't fall into that nonsense trap (as tempting as it is). Violence is the rationale of the monkeys..the lizard brains and if liberalism is indeed the advanced mindset, then we must reject such thoughts and actions...logic will stand on its own.

The right is of course screaming, threatening, and other such things loudly lately. This article and many in this thread show this clearly. That is because they are a dying breed..and when things are dying, they make all sorts of noise. Pity them, sure...but don't fall for their game in trying to make liberalism look equally as vicious.

So, not seeing the issue. As posted on page 1, by a neocon, we have almost all the groups (the gays, blacks, hippys, vegans, women, seculars, etc)...and although it was meant as a list of "fringe", he accidently basically spoke about every major group in the US beyond the typical white christian...(and we got plenty of typical white christians also)...they are abandoning reason completely in the age of immediate answers and the internet...its a well planned road towards self anniliation.
Let them walk down it alone, let them carry the violent retoric alone, let them die alone. this extremist movement is the last violent outburst...so, again..pity them as they go screaming into the night and hold your composure.

Thats all.

I dismiss Breitbart and the like..they are too small for me to concern myself over.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by Grumble
Breitbart is a shill. He is part of the GOP/Rove hate machine, and his purpose is to continue distracting the suckers who vote Republican.

Signed,

Well Armed Liberal

I don't vote Republican, since they've abandoned all conservative principles after the neocon takeover. That's doesn't mean I don't know who this rhetoric is aimed squarely at.

Signed,

VERY Well Armed Conservative, Who Actually Knows Just What it Takes to Pull That Trigger.

edit on 2011/9/21 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

Seems its aimed at the lowest common denominator whom believes there can be a civil war.
Its for populist retoric and nothing more...its for ratings.

Signed
A unarmed yet educated man.

(I guess that makes me the most armed then...intellect always trumps violence. We are not top of the food chain because we are the strongest)
edit on 21-9-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by parksh

Yeah but you're a liberal from Texas, so you don't count. After all, liberals elsewhere pretty much agree that everyone from Texas is a gun-toting cowboy asshole dumbass, right?

You must be pretty conflicted. Are you conservative on Wednesdays and Saturdays or something?

EDIT: Should have added, I am from Texas too. Howdeh!

edit on 9/21/2011 by Tsurugi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

You actually couldn't be more incorrect.

Gallup Poll Source

PRINCETON, NJ -- Thus far in 2009, 40% of Americans interviewed in national Gallup Poll surveys describe their political views as conservative, 35% as moderate, and 21% as liberal. This represents a slight increase for conservatism in the U.S. since 2008, returning it to a level last seen in 2004. The 21% calling themselves liberal is in line with findings throughout this decade, but is up from the 1990s.

To boil it down for you and everyone else

Conservative - 40%
Moderate - 35%
Liberal - 21%

Conservatives outnumber both moderates and liberals, but not both combined - which explains how liberals are able to win the White House about once per generation. The moderates have had time to forget what the last liberal president was like.

I'm not sure that one poll (which can really say anything the pollster wishes) describes the history of moderates in America. Some moderates may currently consider their views as conservative. It's very likely, so I don't think I'm wrong. Moderates decide elections plain and simple. I'm a moderate and I would consider my views as leaning towards conservative right now. What does that mean? Well, it means if the GOP can find a candidate worth voting for, I will. I haven't seen it yet.

For disclosure, I've voted twice for Clinton, twice for Bush (no good liberal candidate), and Obama (would have voted McCain but he brought the psycho chick along). So, moderates do sway back and forth, and it has very little to do with "forgetting what the last liberal President did".

Couldn't be more wrong? No such thing when it come to politics. My views are just as valid as yours. We don't have to agree, but neither of us are right or wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join