It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breitbart: Conservatives ‘outnumber’ liberals, ‘and we have the guns’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I figured Hoffa used a poor choice of words, but thought I understood what he meant by them. And he further inflamed later in the week by reintegrating that he said what he meant. That could now be misconstrued as advocating violence.

When I say I’m coming at ya with all guns blazing, it usually means I think I have all the cards to win the game. It’s nothing more than a metaphor.

You might believe that it was a metaphor and hell even Hoffa might believe it was a metaphor
. Some of those drones cheering him on might believe it is something else. Having been on the recieving side of that a few times, I don't think so.
Just in case it turns out to be more than a metaphor, I'm going to the range tonight to make sure that I can still hit what I aim at.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Conservatives MAY outnumber liberals, but moderates outnumber them both...combined! And us moderates don't like the extreme left any more than the extreme right. Many of us have had enough of the hope, change, and tea already.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Well put.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

When I say I’m coming at ya with all guns blazing, it usually means I think I have all the cards to win the game. It’s nothing more than a metaphor.

Did you miss the whole tirade about being "Obama's army"?

I'm sorry, but its just so funny seeing all this hypocrisy. When a liberal says something violent, You guys want to break it all down and play semantics. When a Republican does it, you join the MSM is feigning outrage. It's just like so many other things, like the non-existent outrage over a dozen things the media and people on this forum raged about under Bush.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
reply to post by whaaa

Conservatives MAY outnumber liberals, but moderates outnumber them both...combined! And us moderates don't like the extreme left any more than the extreme right. Many of us have had enough of the hope, change, and tea already.

thehill.com...

Four in 10 Tea Party members are either Democrats or Independents, according to a new national survey.

The findings provide one of the most detailed portraits to date of the grassroots movement that started last year.

The national breakdown of the Tea Party composition is 57 percent Republican, 28 percent Independent and 13 percent Democratic, according to three national polls by the Winston Group, a Republican-leaning firm that conducted the surveys on behalf of an education advocacy group. Two-thirds of the group call themselves conservative, 26 are

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So the next american revolution wont be about overthrowing a tyrannical regime, it will be a gun battle between liberals and conservatives, geez, your founding fathers would be rolling in their graves. Taking the 2nd amendment way out of context. Good luck shooting each other, may the biggest gun win, Yee frickin ha.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by orbitbaby

Breitbart is actually a born again Liberal who saw the errors of his liberal ways. He also realized what the liberals were trying to do to this country.

I find that hard to reconcile with the fact that Breitbart is an arse of the highest order, proof positive of the maxim that an empty can makes the most noise. If he wasn't shooting off his mouth, then nobody would listen to him.

...and I'm sure he was a crappy liberal, too.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gannicus

I never justified Hoffas remarks. I thought they were crass. But they were just words.

Now that we are seeing more actions like the Longshoremen in Wash. Those words are being translated to action. This president is actively courting class warfare.

People remember actions longer than they do words. More episodes like that in Wash. will stay in peoples minds longer and they will remember at the polls.

I think that BB is right saying we just won't lay down for it and give up.

We all just seen it in NY.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

So the next american revolution wont be about overthrowing a tyrannical regime, it will be a gun battle between liberals and conservatives, geez, your founding fathers would be rolling in their graves. Taking the 2nd amendment way out of context. Good luck shooting each other, may the biggest gun win, Yee frickin ha.

Well put.

People, nobody's gonna be shooting nobody, please knock of sigs of Well Armed Lib or whatever. Both sides.

See how easy to is to start a fire? Everybody is so uptight, the simplest metaphor or bit of rhetoric gets misinterpreted as threats of physical violence. Be careful... you want to give them an excuse to impose martial law and seize your guns?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

See how easy to is to start a fire? Everybody is so uptight, the simplest metaphor or bit of rhetoric gets misinterpreted as threats of physical violence. Be careful... you want to give them an excuse to impose martial law and seize your guns?

Here's a surprise....coming from a left leaning moderate, tree hugging, hippie businessman.

"The only way they will take my gun is to pry it from my cold dead hands"

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66
So many sheep playing right into the false Left/Right - Conservative/Liberal paradigm.

They're looting this country while you argue over idiots like Moore and Breitbart.

Exactly.

If conservatives and liberals as a collective had a shred of intelligence, they would realize that all they're doing is helping the bankers and their friends play us all for fools. Both sides have been manipulated and subjugated.

Whether you're an idiot libtard Obama lover or a backwoods conservative tea party loon, you're being USED.

Cut the crap.

And I don't care if you're lib or conservative, if you come at me with the threat of violence I will respond in kind. Double tap right to the center of your mass.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

what hoffa said was a threat in case you missed it

conservatives outclass liberals in my opinion breitbart compared to hoffa and the rest

no contest
edit on 20-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Good.
I'm glad people are saying it.

It needs to be said. Hell, the left is full of hate and vitriol, might as well play on the same level.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

what hoffa said was a threat in case you missed it

conservatives outclass liberals in my opinion breitbart compared to hoffa and the rest

no contest

The same conservatives that scream "let him die" when talking about uninsured Americans?

Get real.

You guys are just as sick as anyone else who has no regard for human life. Hate mongering dolts that all of a sudden think that they have class? How rich.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What exactly was the threat? To vote?

Everybody here’s got to vote. If we go back, and we keep the eye on the prize. Let’s take these son of a bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong.

edit on 20-9-2011 by FallenWun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

yeah get real when the left supports the murder of over 50 million children and planned parent hoods

yes indeed get real

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

All while the right cannot wait to put boots on the ground and shoot at some "ferners" and send as many people to the chair as possible, innocent, handicapped, whatever.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Originally posted by whaaa
www.rawstory.com...

Speaking to a Massachusetts tea party group recently, conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart made some comments that are raising eyebrows online this week, telling the small gathering of Republicans that he sometimes wants to “fire the first shot.”

Is this a threat against libs? Sounds like it. I wonder who he would target first and how would he identify them as the "enemy"?

I also wonder how many of the ATS conservatives agree with him and Michael Savage that also thinks violence is an answer.

I would assume he was referring to that thug, Hoffa who threatened to take out the Tea Partiers. Breitbart is right... conservatives are armed and outnumber liberals by about 100 to 1.

Hmmmm... but it sure was a good thing those DEMOCRAT longshoremen in Washington were so peaceful and accomodating, weren't they? Hypcrite much? Or do you reserve it for ATS?

The union thug mentality and actions are exactly what Breitbart was referring to when he made these statements. Namely the actions of the public unions over the course of the past year. I posted the whole video clip on the first page. He makes that point very clear. Trumka, Hoffa etc... all bad apples that are rotting the bushel.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FallenWun

and agian

need i say pakistan,yemen,somalia,libya still in iraq and afghanistan

and i sat there watching the murdering loving cheer with glee for the death of bin laden

here alot about the "moral superiortiy" of the left so often as they shout

never have once ever seen it in practice

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by illuminatislave

yeah get real when the left supports the murder of over 50 million children and planned parent hoods

yes indeed get real

I could care less about the abortion debate, I respect the opinion of those that are both pro choice and pro life, I do not like seeing fetuses killed either and I understand that sometimes it may be a necessary evil(especially if the woman was raped) but it's laughable to hear a conservative talk about abortions, acting as if they are compassionate towards human life. Bull#!!

You do not give a damn about that child after it leaves the womb of it's mother. You would gladly let that child starve if it were poor, or let it die as an adult if it did not have insurance. You just want something to bitch about so you can pretend to be following the will of God while you cheer on warmongering corporatists in their murder of innocent civilians abroad, and turn your nose up at those who do not have.

Take your self righteous garbage elsewhere, I see right through you folks.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join