It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breitbart: Conservatives ‘outnumber’ liberals, ‘and we have the guns’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

Yawn. Another right wing armchair general.

Look, i get it - your reply was meant to intimidate. However... It takes a little more than 3rd hand information from some faceless person on the internet to get me shaking.

Where are your posts in any of the threads about left wing figures (including the president) threatening their critics with violence? Can you explain that?

Also, I'm a former airman in a family of Marine war vets and I can tell you that they would never align with the left in this country. Not in a million years. We see you as the enemy, but only after years of arrogance and threats.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Gannicus

"We see you as the enemy, but only after years of arrogance and threats. "

Lol usual right wing bs.
Good to know you'd rather harm YOUR brothers then someone else's.
I'm sure it's a mutual feeling.

edit on 20-9-2011 by CoffeeMonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gannicus

Where are your posts in any of the threads about left wing figures (including the president) threatening their critics with violence? Can you explain that?

My posting history is hardly the topic of this thread. Let's stay on target shall we?

Also, I'm a former airman in a family of Marine war vets and I can tell you that they would never align with the left in this country. Not in a million years. We see you as the enemy, but only after years of arrogance and threats.

Do you really think only conservatives have family in or retired from the military? My family has a long and proud history of serving this country through every major war. So please, by all means - go ahead and see me as the enemy. It's no skin off my back what some faceless person on the internet thinks.

Sedition is sedition, no matter how you slice it.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoffeeMonster

Lol usual right wing bs.
Good to know you'd rather harm YOUR brothers then someone else's.
I'm sure it's a mutual feeling.

Right wing?

It was not the fear of conservative violence that caused Ann Coulter's speech to be cancelled this week.

It was a liberal who bit the finger off a man who disagreed with him on healthcare.

It was Obama-loving Amy Bishop who took a gun to work and murdered co-workers.

Joseph Stack flew his plane into the IRS building after writing an anti-conservative manifesto.

It was liberals who destroyed AM radio towers outside of Seattle.

It's liberals who burn down Hummer dealerships.

It was progressive SEIU union thugs who beat a black conservative man who spoke his mind.

It's doubtful that a conservative fired shots into a GOP campaign headquarters.

In fact, Democrats have no monopoly on having their offices vandalized.

Don't forget it was Obama's friend Bill Ayers who used terrorism as a tool for political change. SDS is still radical, with arrests in 2007 and the storming of the CATO Institute in July 2008.

It was a liberal who was sentenced to two years for bringing bombs and riot shields to the Republican National Convention in 2008.

It was a liberal who threatened to kill a government informant who infiltrated her Austin-based group that planned to bomb the RNC.

It was liberals who assaulted police in Berkeley.

It was liberals who intimidated and threw rocks through the windows of researchers.

The two Black Panthers who stood outside polls intimidating people with nightsticks were probably not right-wingers.

Every time the G20 gets together, it's not conservatives who destroy property and cause chaos.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

My posting history is hardly the topic of this thread. Let's stay on target shall we?

Actually, it is. You're a raging hypocrite, along with many others here. You have VERY selective and inconsistent outrage that's based on two things:

1. The political ideology of the offender
2. MSM manufactured outrage

You know very well that you've never used this argument to defend Republicans or the tea party. You know that you're using it now for partisan reasons. That's all well and good, just stop pretending to be above partisan politics because you CLEARLY aren't.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So is the hate and division along partisan lines enough to foster violence, blood in the streets?

Will it be a revolution or a race war?

How is the "enemy" identified?

all relevant questions.....

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Nah, Breitbart is exhausted. He'll be just fine if he isn't already. All he needs is a long weekend alone with his wife and some sound sleep and he'll be ready to rock and roll.

I didn't see anything in the link you provided about Michael Savage

Breitbart's way of handling the insults and death threats worked for him for a long time now but what we are seeing in the video is what we all go through at times. He'll look inward and find what he needs to find in order to deal with the highly charged path his life has taken him.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I would like to know how he is allowed to promote violence against people but if i was to go to a local street corner and start asking for people walking by to go start killing people it is considered a terrorist threat and i will disappear!!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

This type of rhetoric has been going on since mankind. But that is all it is right now. Rhetoric.

This past decade though, though left has racheted it up again after a short breather after the 60's. I'm expecting the violence from te left to pick up by spring.

One other note, I have not ran into a left wing vet in quite awhile. Sure, some are Democrats, but they all still hate this admin.

I'm curious though, why have there not been actual calls for obamas impeachment, since he is tied to Project GunRunner, Operation Fast and Furious, and improper dealings between the White House and failed energy company Solyndra and wireless startup LightSquared.

Now there is a lot of meat that investigators can sink their teeth into. All of them, looking like they are tied directly to the current POTUS.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Breitbart is a shill. He is part of the GOP/Rove hate machine, and his purpose is to continue distracting the suckers who vote Republican.

Signed,

Well Armed Liberal

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gannicus

Actually, it is. You're a raging hypocrite, along with many others here. You have VERY selective and inconsistent outrage that's based on two things:

1. The political ideology of the offender
2. MSM manufactured outrage

You know very well that you've never used this argument to defend Republicans or the tea party. You know that you're using it now for partisan reasons. That's all well and good, just stop pretending to be above partisan politics because you CLEARLY aren't.

Wow, you sure have me figured out - and quickly too! Bravo!

The topic is "Breitbart: Conservatives ‘outnumber’ liberals, ‘and we have the guns’" not "negativenihil is a liberal and here is his posting history to prove it!"

You keep bringing up "my" argument. I don't know that i would define repeating something someone has said and labeling it sedition as an argument... but whatever works for you. You show me someone on the left openly claiming they have the military's support and desire to use this support against the right wing and I'll be happy to crap all over this person.

And why exactly SHOULD I defend a group of people who work against my self interests? Where are YOUR posts calling our right wing pundits and leaders who are salivating for violence? All i see in YOUR history is post after post, defending, deflecting....

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
Breitbart is a shill. He is part of the GOP/Rove hate machine, and his purpose is to continue distracting the suckers who vote Republican.

Signed,

Well Armed Liberal

No actually his purpose was to let all the left wingers who keep making threats know that we wont just stand by. This quote was a direct response to Moore and Hoffa's recent threats.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Gannicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Its America, Bang Bang, its America Bang Bang.

America get your guns and do the same at home that you have an aversion to do everywhere!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

And you'll be on the losing side. There are far more combat vets that are on the left side not to mention the soldiers that are currently serving that will support the people.

I'd like to see some reputable proof to back up these statements. For myself, I have several family members and friends serving or that have served and they report quite a different political breakdown in the military - past and present - than you do. Remember that the military is an all volunteer force, but surely isn't happy about being told by the president they are coming home soon when they clearly aren't.

As for "supporting the people", the people currently mistrust the government, so if they need support it would be against and not for the government that constantly seeks to erode their freedoms while wanting to tax them more and more.

Oh, and let me share one more thing with you. I do work with one liberal member of the military. He hates guns and hates it even more when they make him wear one while deployed in a war zone
His compromise is to carry it unloaded with a bullet in his shirt pocket, "in case anything happens". That's right, just like Barney Fife on the old Andy Griffith show! So, there's your liberal military for you ...

if it wasn't so

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This thread is the best thing I have read online in a long time.
It is hillarious to see the same posters that go insane of the term "tebagger" sit here and praise/defend Breitbart who is quite proud to use that term himself. Other than that, not really sure I care what he has to say any more the the right should care what Chris Titus says but well people need to complain.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

One other note, I have not ran into a left wing vet in quite awhile. Sure, some are Democrats, but they all still hate this admin.

I'm a vet. With some left wing views as well as some conservative leanings, like the 2nd amendment but even in this thread I see most of the vitriol and threats coming from the right. Why is that?

edit on 20-9-2011 by whaaa because: code t5t

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Get your gun now!

March as one and stop being sheeple!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66
So many sheep playing right into the false Left/Right - Conservative/Liberal paradigm.

They're looting this country while you argue over idiots like Moore and Breitbart.

Quoting this comment, since it's the ultimate truth in both threads. Because, until this actually penetrates your skulls, seeps into your minds and takes root there, nothing will ever change.
And all the e-peen swinging gets tiresome.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
www.rawstory.com...

Speaking to a Massachusetts tea party group recently, conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart made some comments that are raising eyebrows online this week, telling the small gathering of Republicans that he sometimes wants to “fire the first shot.”

Is this a threat against libs? Sounds like it. I wonder who he would target first and how would he identify them as the "enemy"?

I also wonder how many of the ATS conservatives agree with him and Michael Savage that also thinks violence is an answer.

I would assume he was referring to that thug, Hoffa who threatened to take out the Tea Partiers. Breitbart is right... conservatives are armed and outnumber liberals by about 100 to 1.

Hmmmm... but it sure was a good thing those DEMOCRAT longshoremen in Washington were so peaceful and accomodating, weren't they? Hypcrite much? Or do you reserve it for ATS?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I guess I'm conservative with some liberal leanings.
(Don't we call ourselves independents?)

But I'm seeing more vitriol from the left lately. Not saying the right is not guilty of it as well. Just more violence tinged rhetoric coming, particularly from the Unions. Normally a Democratic bastion. Guilt by association. Especially when those who they support don’t tell them to tone it down a bit.

I figured Hoffa used a poor choice of words, but thought I understood what he meant by them. And he further inflamed later in the week by reintegrating that he said what he meant. That could now be misconstrued as advocating violence.

When I say I’m coming at ya with all guns blazing, it usually means I think I have all the cards to win the game. It’s nothing more than a metaphor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join